New Skool Hip Hop

p0nder

Starter
Who you like? I mean, I'm an old school head. I play Big Daddy Kane, A Tribe Called Quest, LL Cool J, Kool Moe Dee, NWA, Nas, Wu-Tang, etc etc.

But in playing all the classic albums I'm finding myself off point with new hip hop and i'm trying to hype myself up for these new kids.

I have been digging on some Charles Hamilton shit lately. Brooklyn Girls is a dope track

What else am I missing? I'm not big on the Lil Weezy stuff and obviously Jay-Z, Eminem and Dre drop new shit but i'm looking for new hype. Drop some knowledge on em.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
IMO, I think any new school rapper not named lupe fiasco is wack. That's why I stick to old school classics. These new guys are way too pussy.

p0nder

Starter
common man, there's got to be some new shit out there worth listening to! I like lupe's shit too, but there's got to be some other new shit out there that ain't bitch made.

Lupe just dropped another mixtape like last week. didn't really know he could freestyle like that.

I like drake..most of his shit at least. Dude fuccking killllllllls hooks.

Wayne fell off.

The cool kids are pretty dope.

Cudi is as good as it gets with "new school" hip hop though.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not too much into new school although there're a lot of guys i appreciate

and a favorite

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
I compare rap music to art. I would rather see masterpieces (listen to old school classic rap albums) instead of seeing stick figure drawings (new school shit).

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
word, i definitely feel you.

I honestly think no album released in the past 9 years would even get a 9/10 in my opinion. Well, maybe a rock album, but still.

Kanye used to be good.
Game's first album wasn't that bad.
50's first mixtape was alright. But he's freaking terrible now. He needs to retire.
Cudi is an artistic dude, just not in rapping. In music in general I guess, I think he has a good voice.
Drake's first song is nice "Best I Ever Had", but everything else i heard from him was below average-sucky.

Have any of you heard the song "Every Girl" by Lil Wayne? I heard that song just the other day, and that chorus depressed me so much. It was literally him yelling "I wish i could **** every girl in the world" smh...

p0nder

Starter
Anyone bumping this new Slaughterhouse record? Some pretty dope shit dropping there from some cats i never figured would make it back into the game. The One was a bumpin' single.

BTW: how do i post youtube clips on here? I hit the youtube tags but my vid still doesn't show...

Anyone bumping this new Slaughterhouse record? Some pretty dope shit dropping there from some cats i never figured would make it back into the game. The One was a bumpin' single.

BTW: how do i post youtube clips on here? I hit the youtube tags but my vid still doesn't show...
yeah joe budden's been doing it for a while. always been a fan.

only enter the last few letters of the youtube link in the tag.

for example..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4uo2rqUED0
turns into:
[YOUTUBE ]B4uo2rqUED0[ /YOUTUBE]
only don't put spaces in the youtube tags obviously.

Drake's first song is nice "Best I Ever Had", but everything else i heard from him was below average-sucky.
That wasn't his first. He's been going for years. That was his first radio single. He only got big once wayne recognized him. Personally I think his music was better before he got big. Just my opinion. He still murders hooks, that can't be denied. Such as:

As you can tell though, more singing probably than rapping.

Best of Drake I've heard in my opinion:

StreetDreams21

I got Soul

Atmosphere....totally forgot about them.

May not have the best lyrics in the world, but it's better than everything you will ever hear on the radio not named Lupe Fiasco.

Slug speaks the truth. That's good enough for me. One of the better rap albums this decade was Atmosphere's Sevens Travels, no doubt.

Paul1355

All Star
There are many underground MC's out there that don't want to go mainstream with the fear of getting murdered.

Immortal Technique-hardcore and radical but good lyricist

Blu- joined up with a dude called Exile who makes good beats and you can look up Blu and Exile on youtube...Blu is nasty.