The Knicks have turned the corner! Here's why....

Starks

Starter
2 things:

1. A win over Phoenix isn't turning a corner as evidenced by tonight's loss to Orlando.. You've created your own propaganda really. Believe it and you'll be a very disappointed person.

10 points for optimism though.

Why must we incessantly compare Euro ballers to Euro ballers? Or White guys to Larry Bird. It's just ridiculous. That means if Yoda played, he'd be the next Cassell does it?

And Kyle Korver? ****ing hell. Obviously 10x the versatility of Korver displayed even at this stage by Gallo. Rude.

This is a good post:

Realism. Love it[/QUOTE

All these foolish threads about how to fix the season and stuff is making me want to start blogging again. Whatever happened to New Yorkers being realists?

p0nder

Starter
Fix to the season: Play basketball this year instead of watching it.

Hey Donnie, I'm an unrestricted FA!

:D

Honestly, i see what mafra was saying about how this season is going to play out. But the next 30 games are probably going to be a lot like last nights loss to Orlando. I really don't think there IS a reason to watch this team before the trade deadline.

Sure it's nice to see game like the one against PHX, but it's just one game in a long season yet to be played out. I'll be more excitied to see the development of Gallo, douglas, hill and landry once they start getting/earning minutes.

Everyone knew this was going to be a long season and there should not be any talk of us being .500 at all. it's just not happening this year. With less talent and NBA ready players then last season it's unreasonable to expect to improve on the record of last year. if we get to that, i'll be impressed.

If we hit .500 at season end I'll print this post and eat it, post it on you tube and let the lulz roll in.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee

Honestly, i see what mafra was saying about how this season is going to play out. But the next 30 games are probably going to be a lot like last nights loss to Orlando. I really don't think there IS a reason to watch this team before the trade deadline.

Sure it's nice to see game like the one against PHX, but it's just one game in a long season yet to be played out. I'll be more excitied to see the development of Gallo, douglas, hill and landry once they start getting/earning minutes.

Everyone knew this was going to be a long season and there should not be any talk of us being .500 at all. it's just not happening this year. With less talent and NBA ready players then last season it's unreasonable to expect to improve on the record of last year. if we get to that, i'll be impressed.

If we hit .500 at season end I'll print this post and eat it, post it on you tube and let the lulz roll in.
I'll hold you to that just for my own entertainment.

Starks

Starter

If we hit .500 this season, I'll write a 3 page fluff piece on how Stephon Marbury should be in the Hall of Fame....btw I rather take a bullet to the chin than do that

mafra

Legend
I hear y'all... This is a lost season. Duhon-Hughes and the rest will be gone forever in 6 months- and good riddance.

I just think that I've now come to accept the reality that is this season, and that was realized in the PHO game.

I do think the team turned the corner against PHO, in the sense that roles are now clearly established.

1- Gallo established that he is the team and the future. He showed he's more than just a shooter.

2- D'ant is clearly giving the vets the 1st half (until trading deadline) to earn their next contract (or, in D'ant-Walsh speak, build some sort of trade value).

3- We no longer have to suffer watching N8 disrespect the game of basketball, the opponent and his own potential. He's benched and we are finished with him.

I've been struggling b/c I wanted to see more of the kids, and less of the vets.... But, in truth, the future of the Knicks is better served to showcase the vets and try to get something.... anything for them! Even if we cannot dump Jeffries-Curry.... we still have shot (albeit a slim chance) to deal a Hughes-Duhon-Harrington for something of value, that will help the Knicks.

The kids will get half a season to develop their game. After the trade deadline, the team should focus on Chandler-Curry-Gallo, along with playing Hill, Douglas & Landry major minutes.

As for Duhon... Man I realize he's terrible. But he's the only option we have to run the PG. What are we going to do. At least he proved he could do it. He was pretty solid the 1st 40 games last year.

N8, Hughes, Douglas cannot do this. Unless we want to use Harrington or Gallo as point fwds, what are we to do?

And, again.... We have to hope Duhon snaps out of it and plays well enough for a stretch of games, that some team gets desperate and deals for him.

THIS ALL ENDS after the trade deadline. The kids and 2010 roster takes full control.

I know this is a lost seaosn. I knew this was going to be a lost decade the minute all these bandwagon fans ran Ewing out of town. Instead of letting his contract expire, accepting losing and rebuilding via the draft..... We kept digging a hole.

Finally, yeah.... maybe I was too optimistic in thinking we would actually play good basketball...

BUT, in their defense.... Pietrus and Lewis went like 8-8 from 3 in the 4th quarter.... PLUS, we had Lee defend Howard.

iSaYughh

Starter
I agree, it was a pivotol game for us...perhaps as pivotol a game as we can come to expect this year. And particularly with how it may influence the way Gallo is henceforth treated, and of course our perception of N8. I kinda like the comparison of Gallo to Rashard Lewis + better passing and higher bball IQ.

I think it was Metro who said he wanted Hill to be our starting C. Can't say I disagree -- the man needs minutes, and we need *someone* besides Lee there.

Above all else, I just wanna see Gallo/Douglas/Hill/Chandler get minutes, and do *whatever* is necessary to get rid of Curry/Jeffries...

even if this means dumping N8, Lee, Harrington, or even Chandler with them.

Record is trivial at this point, all that matters is playing and keeping the big 3 (and maybe Chandler, too), and getting rid of Curry/Jeffries.

fail_thread2.jpg

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
lmao @ above.... nd did donchris just call gallo kyle korver? the recent stupidity on this forum has been mind numbing. Wasnt it like a couple weeks ago that you were certain he was dirk nowitski in the making? agreed with crzy8's that gallo has got a lot of rashard lewis in him.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Good job researching my old posts. I'd do the same but I doubt you've posted anything worth quoting. I'll admit my earlier quote was exaggerated. I jumped on the same bandwagon you are all on now. Now I'm jumping off. I've read a comparison to Reggie Miller, mine to Dirk Nowiski and Tony Kukoch. I started so I'll finish it.

Gallo had a few good games, scoring 30 in OT and 27 the other night, but so far I've only seen some nice shooting. Reminds me of Kyle Korver. He at one point was the best three point shooter in the league. That's not a knock. Give him credit. I'm not saying Gallo isn't capable of more because I think he is. I think Dirk is also. But like many Euro players he much rather take jumpers then drive inside and create his shots.

Maybe it's not entirely Gallo's fault. Maybe D'Antoni is ok with the lack of defensive effort and up chucking of threes with mucho time on the clock. Coaching is definitely a factor.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Good job researching my old posts. I'd do the same but I doubt you've posted anything worth quoting. I'll admit my earlier quote was exaggerated. I jumped on the same bandwagon you are all on now. Now I'm jumping off. I've read a comparison to Reggie Miller, mine to Dirk Nowiski and Tony Kukoch. I started so I'll finish it.

Gallo had a few good games, scoring 30 in OT and 27 the other night, but so far I've only seen some nice shooting. Reminds me of Kyle Korver. He at one point was the best three point shooter in the league. That's not a knock. Give him credit. I'm not saying Gallo isn't capable of more because I think he is. I think Dirk is also. But like many Euro players he much rather take jumpers then drive inside and create his shots.

Maybe it's not entirely Gallo's fault. Maybe D'Antoni is ok with the lack of defensive effort and up chucking of threes with mucho time on the clock. Coaching is definitely a factor.

im not hating on you for the fact that you dont believe gallo will be a star, many people on the forum have been skeptical about him. i just cant comprehend where kyle korver comes into the mix? they both shoot threes, but thats about all they have in common. korver has NO ceiling. gallinari has a massive ceiling if he can reach it. gallinari is tall, can get his shot off anyone. gallinari has an elite iq of the game. gallinari has the ability to drive off the pump and use his size and creativity to make something to happen. now will gallo maximise those talents, or will he fade into obscurity? thats opinion, but kyle korver and gallinari are NOTHING alike other than they have a good shot

dpryde

Benchwarmer
gallinari and korver are nothing alike, and im starting to like that tyrus thomas deal. athletic guy, who can BLOCK. maybe he could help us "turn the corner" as in end up with more than 15 wins for the season. we have no shot blocking presence, plus thomas is athletic, and fast, both qualites of d'antoni. thomas is also a bonehead at times, but no doubting his natural athletism.

Red

TYPE-A
...gallinari has a massive ceiling if he can reach it. gallinari is tall, can get his shot off anyone. gallinari has an elite iq of the game. gallinari has the ability to drive off the pump and use his size and creativity to make something to happen. now will gallo maximise those talents, or will he fade into obscurity?

Wow... talk about fandum! Yo if this were true... Gallo would be an All-Star Already. The fact is he has two assets: Size and a Jumper PERIOD! All this "elite iq and ability to break you down off the dribble etc..." is non- sense. Simply stated Gallo is far from complete. A couple good games of three chucking undisciplined ball and he's Jesus! Stop. Put in starter minutes on a consistant basis first. Take over the SF spot by convincing the coach (your god father) no option is better. Shut your man down. Carry the team a few games. Then do it some more! How good can Gallo be (off/def) if ALL we talk about is who we gonna get? Hello... obviously he's limited, wake up.

donchris

Wow... talk about fandum! Yo if this were true... Gallo would be an All-Star Already. The fact is he has two assets: Size and a Jumper PERIOD! All this "elite iq and ability to break you down off the dribble etc..." is non- sense. Simply stated Gallo is far from complete. A couple good games of three chucking undisciplined ball and he's Jesus! Stop. Put in starter minutes on a consistant basis first. Take over the SF spot by convincing the coach (your god father) no option is better. Shut your man down. Carry the team a few games. Then do it some more! How good can Gallo be (off/def) if ALL we talk about is who we gonna get? Hello... obviously he's limited, wake up.

You have more eloquently articulated the point I attempted to make. He's got a ceiling, there's no question there, but he hasn't reached it. The points are great, but inconsistent so far and other then chuck up threes I haven't seen enough to logically call this guy Dirk (as I once did) or anything close to Jesus. If we think about it I don't think anyone else has ether.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud

yea im a gallo fan, and what i was trying to explain is that all those attributes are his CEILING, we all know he isnt near that yet. and also the point i was trying to make wasnt how he was going to become the next superstar, but how he has nothing in common with kyle korver.

donchris

Let's be completely fair. Gallo certainly has potential. He has the natural talent to one day be a great player. I can see him putting up 23 per night and being a leading scorer. In fairness I once said the same about Eddy Curry and I was completely wrong. But right now Gallo is more of a Kyle Korver then he is a Reggie Miller. The comparison is simple. Both Korver and Gallinari are great shooters. Gallo hasn't done much else yet. He has yet to fulfill his potential. But as I said, I don't blame this on Gallo entirely. It's not like the coach is really developing him to use the tools he has. Some coaches don't know how to develop young players.