Knicks Benching N8 only means a trade is imminent....

Scribbles

Rotation player
No way Nate will OK a trade if they wanted to package him some sort of way. He loves the city.

So what does D'Antoni do? He DNP's his ass so that he gets frustrated enough to be like Marbury and want out...

That's the only reason I see as to why he got benched for ORL's game this after he torched them 2 games ago with a 22pt. 4th Quarter....

There's really no other logic to it.

Starks

Starter
God I hope so.

Nate is one of the most overated players the Knicks have had in years. The fan fare he gets is understood, but as you get older and demand more from your ballclub as a fan, immaturity is one of the least attractive traits you want to see from your players.

I've never seen him serious and to me I really think basketball is just a game to him. He's a class clown that never realized when to tone it down. It's no shock he's been so central to a losing team. He needs to be on a team with players that lead by example.

I had enough of his lil circus act. Get him out of here.

Giants89FLY

Rotation player
God I hope so.

Nate is one of the most overated players the Knicks have had in years. The fan fare he gets is understood, but as you get older and demand more from your ballclub as a fan, immaturity is one of the least attractive traits you want to see from your players.

I've never seen him serious and to me I really think basketball is just a game to him. He's a class clown that never realized when to tone it down. It's no shock he's been so central to a losing team. He needs to be on a team with players that lead by example.

I had enough of his lil circus act. Get him out of here.

Feel the same way, Dont let the door hit your ass on the way out... Just another guy who doesn't "Get It"

Giants89FLY

Rotation player
FROM THE KNICKS BLOG -

NATE OUT INDEFINITELY
“…What made the benching all the more conspicuous is that three days earlier Robinson scored 22 fourth-quarter points against the Magic at the Garden. Orlando had no answer for Robinson…until D’Antoni gave the Magic one.
“It is a coach’s decision,” Robinson said. “He knows what he is doing. I’ve had plenty of DNP’s before in my career so it is nothing new.”
The benching was Robinson’s first since Dec. 17, 2007, when Isiah Thomas had had enough. D’Antoni, who according to sources was against the Knicks re-signing Robinson over the summer, has been critical of his behavior in recent weeks. Robinson drew the ire of his coach last month when he shot at the Nets‘ basket as time expired in the first quarter.
On Tuesday, D’Antoni was upset when Robinson was called for an away-from-the-ball foul on the Suns’ Goran Dragic that was borderline dirty. Asked if those plays factored into the decision, D’Antoni said: “I’m not going to sit here and explain everything. Why didn’t I play Darko (Milicic) today? You didn’t ask me about that. Why didn’t I play Marcus Landry the last game?
“We can go through the whole line. I don’t think I’m going to sit here and explain it. It’s just something…. We’re trying to build a winning group.”
Robinson’s coaches in New York – from Larry Brown to Thomas and now D’Antoni – have all wondered if Robinson sees himself as anything other than a circus act. He has won two slam dunk contests, and no teams offered him a contract when he became a free agent last summer.
“It could be a lot of things, who knows?” Robinson said when asked if he knows the reason when he was benched. “Only God knows…”
Nate also aired out some frustration towards our buddy Alex Kennedy of hoopsworld.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I'm sure there are plenty of other reasons that could be behind it. Mike D could well just be sick of the antics. Maybe N8's warped sense of priorities just finally went too far with Mike?

Regardless, I'm glad to see Toney D got some well deserved PT.

If N8 gets traded, I for one won't really miss him or his defense. Same with Lee. Trading them both cleverly is paramount this year. Otherwise they just walk for nothing in the off-season.

Starks

Starter
I'm sure there are plenty of other reasons that could be behind it. Mike D could well just be sick of the antics. Maybe N8's warped sense of priorities just finally went too far with Mike?

Regardless, I'm glad to see Toney D got some well deserved PT.

If N8 gets traded, I for one won't really miss him or his defense. Same with Lee. Trading them both cleverly is paramount this year. Otherwise they just walk for nothing in the off-season.

He should have never have been brought back. I thought this past offseason would humble him when no one called him during his free agency. It says a lot about what his NBA career means.

Thank god his contract is up. Doesn't make real sense to trade him i guess.

LJ4ptplay

Starter

Trade Nate, Lee and Chandler to Portland for Rudy Fernandez, Travis Outlaw (injured) and something else (Steve Blake??).

McMillan has said Portland "needs bodies". Chandler could fill their SF needs until Batum comes back.. Nate would probably like to be back in the Pacific Northwest and Portland wanted Lee during free agency.

We would be giving up a lot but hey, we have to be realistic. We're a losing team. At least we would have our starting SG of the future. And like you said, both Nate and Lee are probably walking next year for nothing in return, other than cap space...which unfortunately I think that's all Donnie cares about at this point.

p0nder

Starter
I think Nate is a great role player and brings a lot of excitement to the garden. He's very gifted athletically but as mentioned before i don't know if he "Get's It". He's a good role player and if he could focus his amazing energy and talent then he'd be a starter and a great player. But i do not see him increasing his basketball IQ and his attitude toward the game is very fun loving but in many ways immature.

I would rather see him succeed with a different team then continue on like this. He needs someone to work with him one on one and get his focus in check. I wonder what Stockton is up to these days...

Either way, I don't think his trade value is high. Maybe we could score an early 2nd round pick with him but i do not see many, if any, teams pursuing him. (even tho he finished pretty high in 6th man voting last season)

So if he's being traded who will take him?

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Trade Nate, Lee and Chandler to Portland for Rudy Fernandez, Travis Outlaw (injured) and something else (Steve Blake??).

McMillan has said Portland "needs bodies". Chandler could fill their SF needs until Batum comes back.. Nate would probably like to be back in the Pacific Northwest and Portland wanted Lee during free agency.

We would be giving up a lot but hey, we have to be realistic. We're a losing team. At least we would have our starting SG of the future. And like you said, both Nate and Lee are probably walking next year for nothing in return, other than cap space...which unfortunately I think that's all Donnie cares about at this point.

I've said the exact same thing numerous times. I don't honestly even think we're giving up that much in this scenario considering what we get in turn.

Rudy is another Ginobili itching to get out from behind Roy's shadow. He is all class. and Outlaw's been restrained a bit on the Blazers roster which is deep with 6'6"-6'8" SG/SF players I think.

As a straight trade it doesn't match numbers wise. We'd probably have to take an extra $15 on to our cap and Donnie would shoot it down.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Ultimately, I think this is more about D'Antoni being tired of Robinson and his antics.

I mean, if we wanted to trade him, wouldn't playing him more be the best option? The benching only hurts his value.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Or hopefully he is a genius and wants to roll with Duhon since he doing decent and trade him.........nah...I don't think he'd do that.

I would love to trade Nate to a losing team like the Kings, Grizzlies, Nets, Timberwolves, Bobcats, or Pacers. That could be an easy 1st and 2nd round pick (If the GM is stupid enough). Nate's on court antics have gone on long enough and I am glad D'Antoni has noticed. Nate won't be missed in New York. The moment we bought Toney Douglas from LA, I knew N8 was on his way out sooner or later. And Toney Douglas is putting up the same amount of points as Nate (17 points last nite) with DEFENSE, height, and youth. Peace Nate Robinson, you will only be remembered for your dunk championships, and never an NBA championship:smokin:

mafra

Legend

I agree. Fernandez can shoot, is big and plays defense. He and Gallo would be perfect for a Lebron type player.

We can't trade Lee or N8 until 12/15, but I imagine Portland might be one place Lee would OK a deal to. If we have to toss in Chandler, then so be it. Maybe we can get a draft pick or Batum back?

Lee for Fernandez would be better, than Chandler and something to MIN for Rubio.

Rubio and Fernandez and Gallo plus ???? would make for a nice 2010 and beyond.

Last edited:

clumsy

Rotation player
Nah means that Nate must be uncoachable....i dont' care what anyone says i'd still take him over teacher's pet Chris Duhon.

not like D'Antoni is the greatest coach anyways....I am starting to believe he is getting exposed a little bit in New York. He's about average...and he wasn't good enough to get the Suns over the hump in the west with a crazy lineup

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Rubio and Fernandez and Gallo

o-face.jpg

mafra

Legend
he ain't getting traded yet... ringling bros does not arrive until march....

WELL, although I seriosuly doubt he gets dealt (or we get much of value for him anyway).... let's remember 2 things:

1- ORL is a serious contender. Some playoff team who might want to get KRYPTON8 to battle ORL, might roll the dice. I mean, he did show ORL cannot match up with him. If the price is small, might a team feel it's an option?

2- We really do not know who was interested in Robinson b/c N8 claims he never even searched, that he wanted to return to NY all along.

I think LAK might roll the dice (J-Famaar or A-Morrison + a 1st) sort of deal.

We wont deal with CLE. Would BOS give us Sheldon Williams + a 1st?

What about ATL or TOR?

Just thinking out loud?

iSaYughh

Starter
For a decent team who is not in position to splurge in FA in the next year or two, I can easily see someone taking on N8 and Jeffries or the Currster.

Take a team with a coach who thinks it's an easy challenge for him to shape Nate, and a team who is looking too add an explosive, 4th-quarter X-factor with a solid reward potential....it's not going to take Isiahtardation for a team to take Nate and some of our trash, and/or us get something back.

Especially w/ as pointed out he ripped up ORL.

I could see the LAK biting like in the example above, but at this pt. I think I wanna unload a piece of our garbage ASAFP, so we can make some final, big headway in setting up the "2010 plan".

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
New Orleans Get:
Nate Robinson

New York Get:
Chris Paul

so chris paul is a TAD bit better, im sure itd work out fine for both teams lol