20 games in and..well we are only 3 games out of the play offs

I know we suck, haha we are 5-15.
but as in every year, we are in the east, and currently stand just 3 games behind the wizards for the 8th seed.
The bucks are getting worse, the bulls are getting worse, the raptors have been getting worse, and the knicks who just went through a run of playing the NBA elite in 5 straight games going 2-3 : ) are getting better

your thoughts.

Red

TYPE-A
20 games in and...

The Genius D'Antoni can't settle on a line up or rotation. This is inconsistency.

I predict...

More inconsistency.

:cool:

Giants89FLY

Rotation player
but as in every year, we are in the east, and currently stand just 3 games behind the wizards for the 8th seed.
The bucks are getting worse, the bulls are getting worse, the raptors have been getting worse, and the knicks who just went through a run of playing the NBA elite in 5 straight games going 2-3 : ) are getting better

your thoughts.
Love the optimism! I dont see why we could'nt make a run.. The thing that scares me is that we'll have a good rotation and a nice winning streak going and their gonna start trading everyone... Playoffs? Why not...

yeah I dont get how we are changing our line up and rotation, the only thing changing in nate dropping in and out of the 2nd man off the bench. harrington only started because gallo was hurt, other than that it has been duhon,hughes,chandler,gallo,lee for like 80 percent of our games.

New New York

Quiet Storm
My hope is that we can get to 11-19 after 30 games. That is simply us going 6-4 over the next 10. If we able to do that then you would have to say that we weathered the worst start in team history pretty well and have a chance at the playoffs

Next 10

NJ
Port
@N.O.
@Char
@Chi
@LAC
@Char
@Chi
MIA
San Antonio

I can see 6-4 in that stretch. There are no sure wins for us -we are not good enough to expect to beat anyone!-, but San Antonio is the only gaurentted loss in this stretch. If we play consitient team ball, we should able to make up some ground

Let Get It!...and by "It" I mean mediocridity

Kiyaman

Legend
yeah I dont get how we are changing our line up and rotation, the only thing changing in nate dropping in and out of the 2nd man off the bench. harrington only started because gallo was hurt, other than that it has been duhon,hughes,chandler,gallo,lee for like 80 percent of our games.

Out of the 20 games played 8 players been "starters" within that time.
That is 2 players over the average winning team in the NBA.
The DNP's to Hughes, Nate, Darko, Curry, and our 8th lottery pick Jordan Hill are uncalled for.

The lineup the Knicks had last season that played .500 B-Ball after the All-Star Game which put us in the playoff race, untill Larry Hughes 30 minutes per game at the point was added to the rotation, those players are still on the Knick roster: Duhon, Nate, Chandler, Harrington, Lee, and also Jefferies.

Those 6 players gave us "Team-Performance" which should have been worked on for improvment and refinement during the offseason in the Knicks August team scrimage-games that Nate & Lee started 4 years ago (receiving the name "work-ethic" players).
Those players were the Knicks five "5" Starters for the first 20 to 25 games of the 2009-10 season, especially the four "4" players with ending-contracts.....this season depends alot on the "Rental-Players" performance.

If other players like Hughes, Gallo, and Douglas can be considered starters than they would have no problem getting alot of playingtime coming off the bench this season...

pakopako

Benchwarmer
Where being below .500 means you can still get 7th seed

That's actually... that accentuates the sad state that is the Eastern Conference.

Kiyaman

Legend
The 20 games played with 15 losses showed we were less than a 23 win team.

And the 3 game win streak show the players had nothing to do with the 15 losses...

I guess it could be hard to figure out a decent 5-man lineup when u have 13 players to chose from, and 8 of those players were with u last year. That does seem very difficult

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
"And the 3 game win streak show the players had nothing to do with the 15 losses..."

Hahahahahahahahaha wow. Kiya I get a kick out of reading your posts, sometimes I think you are only maybe 80% serious about what you write and exxagerate a bit, but I enjoy a different perspective than others. I know you don't much care for D'antoni, but if you think the players had nothing to do with the 15 losses you're too far gone to save. Some of them couldn't throw it in the ocean during that bad stretch, and we'd let teams explode for big runs far too often. Substitution patterns, lineup choices, coaching strategies, etc can be argued to have played a role in the poor start, but if the players lit it up and worked as hard as they could they still would have won many of those games regardless of Coach Pringles

New New York

Quiet Storm
The 20 games played with 15 losses showed we were less than a 23 win team.

And the 3 game win streak show the players had nothing to do with the 15 losses...

I guess it could be hard to figure out a decent 5-man lineup when u have 13 players to chose from, and 8 of those players were with u last year. That does seem very difficult

Toney Douglas is apart of the rotation and he wasnt here last year, Danillo was only here part of the season last year, same as Larry Hughes