My Question was on the Mike Dantoni Show last night!

New New York

Quiet Storm
dateSun, Nov 29, 2009 at 2:41 PM
subjectFrom Richard in Virginia, Toney Douglas as a PG down the road
mailed-bygmail.com
hide details Nov 29 (6 days ago)

Hey there coach, I know it has been a rough season, but most fans recongnize how hard you have been coaching and are behind you!

My question is about Toney Douglas, I have heard you say -and I agree- that Toney Douglas is not ready to be a PG at this point in time, do you think he will ever develop into a playmaking PG or should we consider him to be more of a smaller type SG like Nate or Ben Gordon?

Part of this question was the second question answered on the Mike Dantoni show last night! I am a little pissed about the attitude at which Dantoni answered the question with. Next question I will include my K.O. M.O. to rep the site!

I am priniting T-shirts with the question on it for 25 dollars make checks payable to Mr. New New York, I will be signing autographs tommorow where you can take pictures with me and the question! LOL

Good News is the Knicks won, making it a Great Knick weekend for me

Paul1355

All Star
Mine was answered too

dateSun, Nov 29, 2009 at 2:41 PM
subjectFrom Richard in Virginia, Toney Douglas as a PG down the road
mailed-bygmail.com
hide details Nov 29 (6 days ago)

Hey there coach, I know it has been a rough season, but most fans recongnize how hard you have been coaching and are behind you!

My question is about Toney Douglas, I have heard you say -and I agree- that Toney Douglas is not ready to be a PG at this point in time, do you think he will ever develop into a playmaking PG or should we consider him to be more of a smaller type SG like Nate or Ben Gordon?

Part of this question was the second question answered on the Mike Dantoni show last night! I am a little pissed about the attitude at which Dantoni answered the question with. Next question I will include my K.O. M.O. to rep the site!

I am priniting T-shirts with the question on it for 25 dollars make checks payable to Mr. New New York, I will be signing autographs tommorow where you can take pictures with me and the question! LOL

Good News is the Knicks won, making it a Great Knick weekend for me
My question was answered to when the question was: Why does Mike D only play Jordan Hill and Toney Douglas when the game is a blowout?

Kelly Tripucka said that its because they are young players but Al Trautwig agreed with me by asking a question just like it right after Kelly's answer.
If you don't believe me, it said FROM PAUL on the question lol.

What did Mike D say in response to your question??

New New York

Quiet Storm
My question was answered to when the question was: Why does Mike D only play Jordan Hill and Toney Douglas when the game is a blowout?

Kelly Tripucka said that its because they are young players but Al Trautwig agreed with me by asking a question just like it right after Kelly's answer.
If you don't believe me, it said FROM PAUL on the question lol.

What did Mike D say in response to your question??

His response was basically there is no telling if Toney Douglas is going to ever be an Playmaking PG. He said that it was the "age old question" if a young player coming into the leage is capable of being a NBA PG

Thats why I wish Al Truatwig had asked the whole question because it wouldve had Mike answer if he thought of Toney as a scoring PG or a playmaker.

Anyways, I dont have much confidence in the answer he gave and it looks like we will be in the market for a PG next off season

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
It's difficult to answer a hypothetical question. But you're question was better then mine would have been. I would have asked if it bothers him that the team settles for up chucking bad shots. I'm sure this question would have never been addressed.

Playmakers are hard to come by. You don't get max contracts by passing the ball or playing defense. This is the reason everyone likes to score. This is why I give the edge to Duhon over Douglas. Douglas is clearly the better scorer but we don't need more scorers. We need for Duhon to get out of his slump and we need more defenders.

Paul1355

All Star
His response was basically there is no telling if Toney Douglas is going to ever be an Playmaking PG. He said that it was the "age old question" if a young player coming into the leage is capable of being a NBA PG

Thats why I wish Al Truatwig had asked the whole question because it wouldve had Mike answer if he thought of Toney as a scoring PG or a playmaker.

Anyways, I dont have much confidence in the answer he gave and it looks like we will be in the market for a PG next off season
I think Toney Douglas will make some more impressive plays as the year goes on and will impress Mike D like he did when he first came here. Remember that Mike D openly admited that he underestimated Douglas when he first met him and saw him play.

I think Douglas is going to keep underestimating Mike D to the point were he will be satisfied with him as either a solid role player or possible starting PG for next year.

Douglas against the Nets in the preseason making that ridiculous shot with lopez in his face to tie the game showed me that Douglas is a playmaker.