We're Better Without N8!

Red

TYPE-A
I can't hate on N8 but... as a team we are better without him. I've said it for a while now- it's hard to explain but although he brings energy and scoring off the bench, we achieve more without him. Add Lee to that assesment also. I'm not going to [continually] bash them for what they don't do b/c obviously they're talented but both are equally limited. My point is "I believe a team becomes dependent on certain players- and if those players are core players with difficiencies then the team becomes married to those difficiencies and never gets a chance to see the light". In N8's/Lee's case we keep trying to "work around" their short comings hoping: N8 would mature, or lead, or pass effectively etc... -or- Lee would grow a pair, or learn to jump or add a solid jumper and all the while we ACTUALLY become dependent on the small list of things they do well like: rebounding and scoring. In short I hope we realize this sooner than later. Good players don't nec.' make good team-mates. I won't blame N8 & Lee for ANYTHING but... They had more than enough chances to prove (which they did) that they're limited period. I didn't agree w/ resigning them b/c it was pointless for many reasons (except trading them). Can anyone tell me why a team can get better by eliminating some of their "good" players?

p0nder

Starter
I guess you answered your own question. "Good" is a relative term. These players are "good" compared to the rest of the knicks roster, but not necessarily the rest of the league. I've cooled on nate and lee because of lack of development in their games. While I think Harrington has developed into something very worthwhile for any team.

Unfortunately i believe that N8 is just here to sell jerseys and tickets and pump up the crowd. He's not really an option to lead the offense and thus limited as a pg, he's not tall enough to guard SG's and so where does that leave him? Exactly where he is; Burried on our bench BEHIND duhon. I am still happy that we signed N8. He does still bring the energy to the game and has his moments. Plus he's the reigning dunk champion. Maybe poking at lebron's competitive edge will draw him to NY where we would LOVE to have him come and dethrone nate as the dunk champ.

Lee is actually a really good second option for a lot of teams at the 4 and in a pinch, or when teams want to go small, at the 5. I could see as we draw closer to the trade deadline playoff bound teams looking to beef up their bench with a player like Lee. That offers us a good chance to package him with JJ or Curry and make more room for 2 max FA's in the off season.

While overall I enjoy watching these players play, I do not think that they fit into the 2010 plan very well and I do not expect to see them back here next season (without taking MAJOR pay cuts). Its not that I don't like these guys, but I think I'll be happier when they move on to other teams and we make more headway into the 2010 market. They are "Good" in relative terms in certain roles and may flourish with another team. they are not helping the Knicks all that much right now however.

nyk_nyk

All Star
I wouldn't say we're better without Nate. Dantoni has the team passing and driving to the basket more (things that were suggested numerous times on this site) since benching him, so it looks as though playing without him makes the team better. Most teams have a guy they bring off the bench for instant offense. You may be thinking that's Al's role but Harrington is not a bench player and the amount of minutes he plays proves it.

Basically what I'm trying to say is, the team has been playing good lately but that's only because Dantoni smartened up and realized his initial strategy for this team didn't fit. Are we better without Darko and Hill too?

Red

TYPE-A
^ Not sure what u mean: Are we better w/o Darko & Hill too? I guess u mean we've been o.k. w/o them so that means we are better? But with Darko & Hill it remains to be seen since unlike N8, they haven't logged major minutes yet to tell. With N8 & Lee it's "addition by subtraction" trust me. It's like they say: it's better to either be a top teir team or at the bottom; mediocre teams suffer the most. Well N8 & Lee are mediocre... thus we should just call a spade a spade and move on. They will never be what we need. And too much "perfect situational" hopefulness should be the indication- cut your loses!

Paul1355

All Star
I can't hate on N8 but... as a team we are better without him. I've said it for a while now- it's hard to explain but although he brings energy and scoring off the bench, we achieve more without him. Add Lee to that assesment also. I'm not going to [continually] bash them for what they don't do b/c obviously they're talented but both are equally limited. My point is "I believe a team becomes dependent on certain players- and if those players are core players with difficiencies then the team becomes married to those difficiencies and never gets a chance to see the light". In N8's/Lee's case we keep trying to "work around" their short comings hoping: N8 would mature, or lead, or pass effectively etc... -or- Lee would grow a pair, or learn to jump or add a solid jumper and all the while we ACTUALLY become dependent on the small list of things they do well like: rebounding and scoring. In short I hope we realize this sooner than later. Good players don't nec.' make good team-mates. I won't blame N8 & Lee for ANYTHING but... They had more than enough chances to prove (which they did) that they're limited period. I didn't agree w/ resigning them b/c it was pointless for many reasons (except trading them). Can anyone tell me why a team can get better by eliminating some of their "good" players?
Without Lee and Nate, it might not be a difference seeing that Douglas and Hill can be just as good with some more playing time.

They were resigned because no one really wanted them and they had good seasons last year. I do feel that they can be traded at the trade deadline because it does not seem like we are going to be above .500 anytime this season.

I dont see them coming back next year.

I honestly don't think that anyone with a one year deal except Harrington and Hughes actually have a shot of being resigned.

BlackH20

Benchwarmer
Give me Nate, Douglas, over Duhon 37 min 7 pts?

Take him over Duhon any day, take Douglas over Duhon. Run one stat or combo stat where Duhon beats any guard in the NBA and I will be shocked, except in minutes ppg.

better with out nate.

yes we are

better if we trade nate for a bigger backcourt player

yes we are

4-1 without nate

yes we are

all I can say well

yes we are

haha

Red

TYPE-A
better with out nate.

yes we are

better if we trade nate for a bigger backcourt player

yes we are

4-1 without nate

yes we are

all I can say well

yes we are

haha

Yup... "Addition by Subtraction"m we know trades will be made. Trying to figure out D'Ant & Walsh is a whole nother' ballgame. I'd say: 1) Acquire a quality Big- everyone is expendable 2) Get a First rounder * Why is it taking so long for D'Ant to realize who to put into the rotation is a bit puzzling?!?

GetRealistic

Starter
Take him over Duhon any day, take Douglas over Duhon. Run one stat or combo stat where Duhon beats any guard in the NBA and I will be shocked, except in minutes ppg.

I'm pretty sure BlackH20 is Nate Robinson. Hes posted on 3 threads that Robinson should be playing instead of Duhon. We get it dude your another uninformed fan who is fooled by Robinsons inflated stats and highlight reel.

Duhon does suck but Robinson not only is an average player but he hurts the team in other ways. Incase you haven't been paying attention our best stretch of the season 4-1 against for the most part good teams has come with Nate sitting on the bench.

My favorite backcourt at this moment is Hughes running the point with Douglas at the two. They both can handle the ball and the perimeter defense those two bring is top notch.

the announcers continue to talk about how well nate is handling all of this and how he is saying all of the right things; personally I believe that right there is the issue, he should be demanding a trade right now, or kicking up a stink to get out of NY some how. I say this not because I believe that negative type of response is okay, but I believe that nate isnt complaining because he actually loves all of this. It is more attention to fill his ego, the crowd chanting his name, he is painting himself as a martyr right now where he does not get it. he should be doing one of two things

openly admitting during interviews that he is pissed about the situation
or openly admitting during interviews that he is sorry for playing selfishly and he completely gets why he is getting no burn.

Instead he is like I dont know why im not playing, but coach knows what he is doing, that is like sarcasm at its best, and typical NATE napoleonic complex robinsons ego is constructed.

ship him out

he never was a team player.

nyk_nyk

All Star
the announcers continue to talk about how well nate is handling all of this and how he is saying all of the right things; personally I believe that right there is the issue, he should be demanding a trade right now, or kicking up a stink to get out of NY some how. I say this not because I believe that negative type of response is okay, but I believe that nate isnt complaining because he actually loves all of this. It is more attention to fill his ego, the crowd chanting his name, he is painting himself as a martyr right now where he does not get it. he should be doing one of two things

or openly admitting during interviews that he is sorry for playing selfishly and he completely gets why he is getting no burn.

Instead he is like I dont know why im not playing, but coach knows what he is doing, that is like sarcasm at its best, and typical NATE napoleonic complex robinsons ego is constructed.

ship him out

I disagree. I can tell that Nate is very unhappy about the situation but he has to say the right things and be supportive of the team because he is working on a 1yr deal. Any good agent will tell his client to just keep cool and say the right things. In Nate's case, he knows teams dont like distractions (Marbury/AI) so why would he act up knowing he doesn't have a guaranteed contract after this season?

He doesn't have to apologize for anything to the general public. What he's beeen saying so far is just fine. It doesn't make the team or the coaching staff look bad so he's doing the right things.

The things your suggesting would cause the media to have a field day with him. Right now he's not a huge topic of discussion for the media and that's how it should be until he gets back on the court.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only

ship him out

Lmao. WOW. You are reaching way too much on this one. Try again.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
I disagree. I can tell that Nate is very unhappy about the situation but he has to say the right things and be supportive of the team because he is working on a 1yr deal. Any good agent will tell his client to just keep cool and say the right things. In Nate's case, he knows teams dont like distractions (Marbury/AI) so why would he act up knowing he doesn't have a guaranteed contract after this season?

He doesn't have to apologize for anything to the general public. What he's beeen saying so far is just fine. It doesn't make the team or the coaching staff look bad so he's doing the right things.

The things your suggesting would cause the media to have a field day with him. Right now he's not a huge topic of discussion for the media and that's how it should be until he gets back on the court.

Good post.

Why the hell would nate want to cause problems that will hinder his career beyond this year. Nate is doing the smart thing.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
During our losses:

-Duhon shooting 24% from the field. Had the creativity of a retarded crack baby.

-chandler was playing horrible due to his injury, everyone on the site wanted him gone.

-Hughes was not distributing. All he would do is chuck up shots.

-Gallo was playing limited time. For some reason d'antoni kept him on the bench. Also duhon would go out of his way to not give him the ball.

-Lee was a statue on defense. No hustle. No fire. He looked paralyzed on defense. In the wins, everything is 360 with him. He's hustling for steals and HE GOT A BLOCK!!! IN MID AIR!!! That's a first...

- douglas wasn't getting minutes.

- curry played.

So much shit that happened in those losses was the reason we had those losses. Putting blame on nate or saying that we're better off without nate is ridiculous! Remember last year? He was the one winning games for us in the 4th. He was a playmaker. This year he still hasn't been given a chance to be a PG, yet its his fault we have sucked this year. SMFH on all the ignorant mothafukkas on this site.

ill admit i did reach a little bit, but I just cant stand nates ego and the way he carries himself, he is the type of player I would bench on my team as well.

Red

TYPE-A
Putting blame on nate or saying that we're better off without nate is ridiculous! Remember last year? He was the one winning games for us in the 4th. He was a playmaker. This year he still hasn't been given a chance to be a PG, yet its his fault we have sucked this year. SMFH on all the ignorant mothafukkas on this site.

Who said N8 was the reason why we lose? And why look at last year when we struggled to win 32 games? The bottom line is although N8 has some talent, for some reason we look a bit better w/o him go figure. I can speculate maybe he was a ball hog, or maybe his antics piss people off, or maybe his lack of perimeter D affected the team- I don't know but... Tiki Barber, Jeremy Shockey on and on were all talented guys who's teams got BETTER without them- why?

nyk_nyk

All Star
Who said N8 was the reason why we lose? And why look at last year when we struggled to win 32 games? The bottom line is although N8 has some talent, for some reason we look a bit better w/o him go figure. I can speculate maybe he was a ball hog, or maybe his antics piss people off, or maybe his lack of perimeter D affected the team- I don't know but... Tiki Barber, Jeremy Shockey on and on were all talented guys who's teams got BETTER without them- why?

Well if people are claiming that the team is better without him then its assumed that he's given a good amount of blame for the losses.

Why are people so blind? I'm not co-signing anything Nate does wrong on the court, but to say the team looks better without him means people haven't really been paying attention to the games.

Check the comment by SLY1984. The only reason the team is looking better is because they finally started playing some defense and moving the ball around more. No longer do you see everyone just chucking up 3s and standing around. Everyone is making an effor to drive to the basket, incuding Gallo. Chandler is mixing up his game more by taking more mid-range shots and getting points in the paint. Hughes seems more focused than ever and Jeffries is committed to doing the little things. Also, don't forget that Harrington has been destroying defenses lately.

All of this could still be happening with Nate in the rotation. People also say he's a selfish player but they don't say the same about Harrington. I like Al but the dude is a black hole most of the time.

TunerAddict

Starter
Robinsonsexuals are pretty butthurt....

They'd choose losing with Nate looking like an ass over winning with the little ****er on the bench...

smh