Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 47

Thread: Yankees Make Worst Trade Ever

  1. #1
    Veteran jpz17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,782
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Yankees Make Worst Trade Ever

    Curtis Granderson is a Yankee.. terribly overrated and horrible.

    We gave up a good buddy of mine, Austin Jackson.. The best prospect in the AL East I don't care what anyway say.


    BRIAN CASHMEN, IDIOT MOVE

  2. #2
    Superstar Giants89FLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    559
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by jpz17
    Curtis Granderson is a Yankee.. terribly overrated and horrible.

    We gave up a good buddy of mine, Austin Jackson.. The best prospect in the AL East I don't care what anyway say.


    BRIAN CASHMEN, IDIOT MOVE
    I totally agree.. Some of the stuff that Ive seen of jackson the kid looks like he has the tools to play the game and more importantly the head to play in The Big Apple.... Granderson strikes out alot and more importantly cannot hit against lefties... This move obviously means that we are not getting in on Halladay now as jackson and kennedy were going to probably be two pieces in a trade for DOC.... Come on man... Curtis Granderson?!

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    303
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by Giants89FLY
    I totally agree.. Some of the stuff that Ive seen of jackson the kid looks like he has the tools to play the game and more importantly the head to play in The Big Apple.... Granderson strikes out alot and more importantly cannot hit against lefties... This move obviously means that we are not getting in on Halladay now as jackson and kennedy were going to probably be two pieces in a trade for DOC.... Come on man... Curtis Granderson?!
    1. we don't need Doc
    2. AJax degressed with his power last year
    3. Granderson is 28
    4. AJax would be lucky to become a Curtis Granderson like player.

  4. #4
    Sexy Stud knickzrulezH20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,781
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    dont know to much bout baseball, how good is granderson?

  5. #5
    Veteran jpz17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,782
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by TheBig****
    1. we don't need Doc
    2. AJax degressed with his power last year
    3. Granderson is 28
    4. AJax would be lucky to become a Curtis Granderson like player.
    Austin Jackson will be 10xxxxx better than Curtis MARK MY WORDS. THAT KID CAN PLAY. BEST GUY TO COME OUT OF THE YANKEES SINCE JETER IN THE 90s

  6. #6
    Superstar Giants89FLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    559
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by TheBig****
    1. we don't need Doc
    2. AJax degressed with his power last year
    3. Granderson is 28
    4. AJax would be lucky to become a Curtis Granderson like player.
    How the **** did Austin Jackson's power Degress? He's 22 years old dude... Try again..

    And yeah maybe we don't need Doc.. But don't complain when he goes to Boston... Be happy with granderson who struck out 141 times and only hit 183 with two homeruns against left handed pitching.. GREAT TRADE.... NOT

  7. #7
    I got Soul StreetDreams21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Vegas/NY
    Posts
    1,404
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Ok......

    Curtis Granderson
    -One of the best defensive fielders in the game.
    -Young, has many years ahead of him

    A big upgrade over Johnny Damon, at least defensively.


    BUT
    -Can't bat against lefties. Like someone said, he only hit 2 homers against lefties. Out of 30.

    -I guess we could have used that Jackson dude for Halladay...

    So with all of this in mind, our rotation is

    Sabathia
    Burnett
    Pettite (come on, we know hes back)
    Joba
    ?

    Who is the fifth man? John Lackey?

    I think Cashman knows what he is doing, we just have to be patient. No one said we have to get the Doc this year. I honestly think he will probably stay in Toronto, if he doesn't come to us.

  8. #8
    Veteran jpz17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,782
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    fire cashman now

  9. #9
    Member YanksKnicks86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New City/Staten Island, New York
    Posts
    87
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Until this kid proves himself then it's an awesome trade. They needed an outfielder.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    303
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Also Jackson had a terrible strike rate in Scranton, at least Granderson can hit HRs on a major league level.

  11. #11
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default This move was good

    Originally Posted by jpz17
    Curtis Granderson is a Yankee.. terribly overrated and horrible.

    We gave up a good buddy of mine, Austin Jackson.. The best prospect in the AL East I don't care what anyway say.


    BRIAN CASHMEN, IDIOT MOVE
    This move fills a need we have not had in a while....a fast power hitting Damon type of outfielder who actually has an arm!

    Granderson hit 30 homeruns and he played in one of the biggest ballparks in Major league baseball.

    Granderson can hit 40 homeruns in Yankee stadium and steal as many bases....this was a good move.

    His salary, i beleive, is at 3 years 25 mil. He is worth it. I did not want to see Austin Jackson traded but that is the beuty with having a deep minor league system, you can use them as trade bait.

    Not every prospect turns out being great, even Yankee ones.

    We don't need Damon or Matusi anymore with Granderson on the team.

    Curtis can bat 2nd and is faster than Damon and will put up bigger power numbers, only problem is Granderson has to improve his contact.


    WE gave up Phil Coke, who is good but always gives up a long ball...Ian Kennedy who might be good one day but failed to be all the hype he was suppose to be....and Austin Jackson was the best trade bait we had.

  12. #12
    The One and Only KING~POETIQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Queens the Foundation
    Posts
    1,807
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by Paul1355
    This move fills a need we have not had in a while....a fast power hitting Damon type of outfielder who actually has an arm!

    Granderson hit 30 homeruns and he played in one of the biggest ballparks in Major league baseball.

    Granderson can hit 40 homeruns in Yankee stadium and steal as many bases....this was a good move.

    His salary, i beleive, is at 3 years 25 mil. He is worth it. I did not want to see Austin Jackson traded but that is the beuty with having a deep minor league system, you can use them as trade bait.

    Not every prospect turns out being great, even Yankee ones.

    We don't need Damon or Matusi anymore with Granderson on the team.

    Curtis can bat 2nd and is faster than Damon and will put up bigger power numbers, only problem is Granderson has to improve his contact.


    WE gave up Phil Coke, who is good but always gives up a long ball...Ian Kennedy who might be good one day but failed to be all the hype he was suppose to be....and Austin Jackson was the best trade bait we had.
    I actually was more pissed off about giving up coke and kennedy than I was of jackson.



    Jpz, next time don't forget about rule #195...



    Rule #195- don't fall in love(no homo) with minor league prospects. They can be traded any time. No matter how good they are.

  13. #13
    Veteran LeFlume's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Upstate
    Posts
    3,663
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Great trade. Granderson has a lot of good stuff,

  14. #14
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,795
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Austin Jackson was NOT that good.

    He only hit four home runs in AAA last year. Sure, there's a possibility that he might eventually be able to hit 15-20 home runs, but in Granderson we get a PROVEN 30 hr+ player.

    You think Granderson strikes out a lot? Go on MiLB.com and check Austin Jackson's strikeout numbers...in AAA. Jackson strikes out a ton and doesn't really have power. Granderson at least has power. Furthermore not all prospects turn out good, with Granderson we know what we're getting, we're getting a player who's proven he can hit on the major league level. If we kept Jackson, he could've been as good as Granderson, or he could've ended up like many prospects and spent the rest of his life in the minor leagues.

  15. #15
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Granderson is a heck of a ball player...hitting in this lineup in Yankee stadium, he has potential to put up MONSTER numbers. Plus he's a great fielder. We know what we get with Granderson, Austin Jackson is a lottery ticket...could be great, could be nothing.

    By the end of the year, I guarantee we will all be praising Granderson's name, teams will have to pitch to him...

    My question is, does he hit #2? What if they bring back Damon? If they do I see it like this:

    1 - Derek Jeter, SS
    2 - Curtis Granderson, CF
    3 - Mark Teixeira, 1B
    4 - Alex Rodriguez, 3B
    5- Jorge Posada, C
    6 - Johnny Damon, DH
    7 - Robinson Cano, 2B
    8 - Nick Swisher, RF
    9 - Melky Cabrera, LF

    I don't like moving Damon down that far, but I don't know how else we would get it done. Someone else suggested:

    1- Jeter
    2 - Damon
    3 - Teix
    4- A-Rod
    5/6- Posada/Granderson (depending on who is hotter at the time)

    Personally I'd like Granderson's speed on the bases early in the lineup...

Similar Threads

  1. Blow it the F*CK up! Official Trade Thread
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 348
    Last Post: Dec 20, 2013, 00:36
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: Jun 23, 2009, 18:07
  3. If you could undo one trade or signing
    By GetRealistic in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Mar 29, 2007, 14:03
  4. Crawford rejects the trade
    By jsm0331 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Aug 04, 2004, 18:35
  5. Knicks have trade options with Dallas
    By allan20 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Aug 04, 2003, 13:21

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •