Yankees Make Worst Trade Ever

jpz17

Starter
Curtis Granderson is a Yankee.. terribly overrated and horrible.

We gave up a good buddy of mine, Austin Jackson.. The best prospect in the AL East I don't care what anyway say.

BRIAN CASHMEN, IDIOT MOVE

Giants89FLY

Rotation player

We gave up a good buddy of mine, Austin Jackson.. The best prospect in the AL East I don't care what anyway say.

I totally agree.. Some of the stuff that Ive seen of jackson the kid looks like he has the tools to play the game and more importantly the head to play in The Big Apple.... Granderson strikes out alot and more importantly cannot hit against lefties... This move obviously means that we are not getting in on Halladay now as jackson and kennedy were going to probably be two pieces in a trade for DOC.... Come on man... Curtis Granderson?!

TheBigCock

Benchwarmer
I totally agree.. Some of the stuff that Ive seen of jackson the kid looks like he has the tools to play the game and more importantly the head to play in The Big Apple.... Granderson strikes out alot and more importantly cannot hit against lefties... This move obviously means that we are not getting in on Halladay now as jackson and kennedy were going to probably be two pieces in a trade for DOC.... Come on man... Curtis Granderson?!
1. we don't need Doc
2. AJax degressed with his power last year
3. Granderson is 28
4. AJax would be lucky to become a Curtis Granderson like player.

jpz17

Starter
1. we don't need Doc
3. Granderson is 28

Austin Jackson will be 10xxxxx better than Curtis MARK MY WORDS. THAT KID CAN PLAY. BEST GUY TO COME OUT OF THE YANKEES SINCE JETER IN THE 90s

Giants89FLY

Rotation player
1. we don't need Doc
3. Granderson is 28
How the **** did Austin Jackson's power Degress? He's 22 years old dude... Try again..

And yeah maybe we don't need Doc.. But don't complain when he goes to Boston... Be happy with granderson who struck out 141 times and only hit 183 with two homeruns against left handed pitching.. GREAT TRADE.... NOT

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Ok......

Curtis Granderson
-One of the best defensive fielders in the game.
-Young, has many years ahead of him

A big upgrade over Johnny Damon, at least defensively.

BUT
-Can't bat against lefties. Like someone said, he only hit 2 homers against lefties. Out of 30.

-I guess we could have used that Jackson dude for Halladay...

So with all of this in mind, our rotation is

Sabathia
Burnett
Pettite (come on, we know hes back)
Joba
?

Who is the fifth man? John Lackey?

I think Cashman knows what he is doing, we just have to be patient. No one said we have to get the Doc this year. I honestly think he will probably stay in Toronto, if he doesn't come to us.

Paul1355

All Star
This move was good

This move fills a need we have not had in a while....a fast power hitting Damon type of outfielder who actually has an arm!

Granderson hit 30 homeruns and he played in one of the biggest ballparks in Major league baseball.

Granderson can hit 40 homeruns in Yankee stadium and steal as many bases....this was a good move.

His salary, i beleive, is at 3 years 25 mil. He is worth it. I did not want to see Austin Jackson traded but that is the beuty with having a deep minor league system, you can use them as trade bait.

Not every prospect turns out being great, even Yankee ones.

We don't need Damon or Matusi anymore with Granderson on the team.

Curtis can bat 2nd and is faster than Damon and will put up bigger power numbers, only problem is Granderson has to improve his contact.

WE gave up Phil Coke, who is good but always gives up a long ball...Ian Kennedy who might be good one day but failed to be all the hype he was suppose to be....and Austin Jackson was the best trade bait we had.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
This move fills a need we have not had in a while....a fast power hitting Damon type of outfielder who actually has an arm!

Granderson hit 30 homeruns and he played in one of the biggest ballparks in Major league baseball.

Granderson can hit 40 homeruns in Yankee stadium and steal as many bases....this was a good move.

His salary, i beleive, is at 3 years 25 mil. He is worth it. I did not want to see Austin Jackson traded but that is the beuty with having a deep minor league system, you can use them as trade bait.

Not every prospect turns out being great, even Yankee ones.

We don't need Damon or Matusi anymore with Granderson on the team.

Curtis can bat 2nd and is faster than Damon and will put up bigger power numbers, only problem is Granderson has to improve his contact.

WE gave up Phil Coke, who is good but always gives up a long ball...Ian Kennedy who might be good one day but failed to be all the hype he was suppose to be....and Austin Jackson was the best trade bait we had.

I actually was more pissed off about giving up coke and kennedy than I was of jackson.

Jpz, next time don't forget about rule #195...

Rule #195- don't fall in love(no homo) with minor league prospects. They can be traded any time. No matter how good they are.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Austin Jackson was NOT that good.

He only hit four home runs in AAA last year. Sure, there's a possibility that he might eventually be able to hit 15-20 home runs, but in Granderson we get a PROVEN 30 hr+ player.

You think Granderson strikes out a lot? Go on MiLB.com and check Austin Jackson's strikeout numbers...in AAA. Jackson strikes out a ton and doesn't really have power. Granderson at least has power. Furthermore not all prospects turn out good, with Granderson we know what we're getting, we're getting a player who's proven he can hit on the major league level. If we kept Jackson, he could've been as good as Granderson, or he could've ended up like many prospects and spent the rest of his life in the minor leagues.

KBlack25

Starter
Granderson is a heck of a ball player...hitting in this lineup in Yankee stadium, he has potential to put up MONSTER numbers. Plus he's a great fielder. We know what we get with Granderson, Austin Jackson is a lottery ticket...could be great, could be nothing.

By the end of the year, I guarantee we will all be praising Granderson's name, teams will have to pitch to him...

My question is, does he hit #2? What if they bring back Damon? If they do I see it like this:

1 - Derek Jeter, SS
2 - Curtis Granderson, CF
3 - Mark Teixeira, 1B
4 - Alex Rodriguez, 3B
5- Jorge Posada, C
6 - Johnny Damon, DH
7 - Robinson Cano, 2B
8 - Nick Swisher, RF
9 - Melky Cabrera, LF

I don't like moving Damon down that far, but I don't know how else we would get it done. Someone else suggested:

1- Jeter
2 - Damon
3 - Teix
4- A-Rod
5/6- Posada/Granderson (depending on who is hotter at the time)

Personally I'd like Granderson's speed on the bases early in the lineup...

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
So do we get Damon or Matsui? Or both?

I'm just waiting for the Mets to get Bengie Molina and Jason Bay, i want a Subway Series dammit:peace:

Paul1355

All Star
Granderson is a heck of a ball player...hitting in this lineup in Yankee stadium, he has potential to put up MONSTER numbers. Plus he's a great fielder. We know what we get with Granderson, Austin Jackson is a lottery ticket...could be great, could be nothing.

By the end of the year, I guarantee we will all be praising Granderson's name, teams will have to pitch to him...

My question is, does he hit #2? What if they bring back Damon? If they do I see it like this:

1 - Derek Jeter, SS
2 - Curtis Granderson, CF
3 - Mark Teixeira, 1B
4 - Alex Rodriguez, 3B
5- Jorge Posada, C
6 - Johnny Damon, DH
7 - Robinson Cano, 2B
8 - Nick Swisher, RF
9 - Melky Cabrera, LF

I don't like moving Damon down that far, but I don't know how else we would get it done. Someone else suggested:

1- Jeter
2 - Damon
3 - Teix
4- A-Rod
5/6- Posada/Granderson (depending on who is hotter at the time)

Personally I'd like Granderson's speed on the bases early in the lineup...
If Damon comes back then he is batting 2nd and Granderson will probably bat 6th or 7th.
If Damon is not on the team next year then Granderson should bat 2nd.

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
No reason to sign Damon now that we got our center fielder in Granderson. I think we gave up way too much on this deal but he is a 5-tool player and the potential to do amazing things for years to come. Can't wait to Repeat next season!:peace:

th3realicon

Rotation player
The best A jack could be was a Granderson 2.0 so we basically got A jack 4 years from now.

I love the move. We gett a young CF that can hit some home runs. I am tired of the Cabrera - Gardner tandem.

Also happy IPK is gone. That guy is a scumbag.

jpz17

Starter
BUMP
Another bad move by the Yankees

Time to seriously fire the Brian Cashman. I've never seen a worse GM