vs
nor.gif

Knicks at Hornets
.....W-L PF PA HOME ROAD STK L10
NYK 7-15 103.4 107.3 4-8 3-7 W3 4-6
NOR 9-11 99.2 102.6 8-2 1-9 W2 6-4

FROM PROSPORTSDAILY:

Projected Starters:
I know this is not the starters but its been a good luck charm so I'm sticking with it LOL
smile.gif
It will stay this way till we lose......sometime around the new year
biggrin.gif

Chris Duhon #1 vs. Chris Paul #3
2377.jpg
2779.jpg

Larry Hughes #0 vs. Devin Brown #23
356.jpg
1858.jpg

Danilo Gallinari #8 vs. Peja Stojakovic #16
3428.jpg
813.jpg

Wilson Chandler #21 vs. David West #30
3194.jpg
2177.jpg

David Lee #42 vs. Emeka Okafor #50
2772.jpg
2399.jpg

Mike D'Antoni
30066.jpg

Pos: Head Coach
Born: May 9, 1951, Mullens, WV
Experience: 8 years
College: Marshall

Hornets Bench:

PG Darren Collison
SG Morris Peterson
SF Julian Wright
PF Darius Songaila
C Hilton Armstrong

Knicks Bench:

Forward- Al harrington, Forward- Jordan Hill, Forward-Jared Jeffries, Guard- Nate Robinson, Guard- Toney Douglas, Center- Darko Milicic, F Marcus Landry, Eddy Curry C

Team Stat Leaders
------NEW YORK-------------PORTLAND----
Rebounds: D. Lee 10.0 ------ E. Okafor 10.3
Assists: C. Duhon 6.1--------C. Paul 9.9
Steals :L. Hughes 1.7 ------- C. Paul 2.4
Blocks: W. Chandler .9-------E. Okafor 2.0

Notes and Quotes:

Next to Al Harrington's locker at the Knicks' practice facility are the standings in the Eastern Conference. The reality of the team's awful start was impossible to ignore, but lately, as the team has started winning games, Harrington has noticed there isn't much of a gap between his team and the eighth seed. So many of the teams in the East have struggled to start the season, the Knicks aren't quite out of anything yet.

Quote To Note:

"I think we're starting to get a great momentum, and if we can keep it going, we've got a chance. We've got some winnable games coming up."

?Al Harrington on the streaking Knicks

Player Notes:

G Nate Robinson was benched for a fourth straight game, which pretty much solidifies his omission from the rotation. The Garden crowd chanted "We Want Nate!" during Sunday's win over the Nets, but there were no chants Monday night.

F David Lee had a double-double, but the play that stood out to everyone after the game was his blocked shot against 7-footer Joel Przybilla late in the fourth quarter.

G Toney Douglas showed why he is getting the playing time over Nate Robinson, as he entered the game in the first half with great defensive energy and recorded a steal, a 3-pointer and two assists in a short stint that bridged the first and second quarters.

Medical Watch:

C Eddy Curry was a surprise inclusion in the lineup after he missed the previous seven games with a knee injury and hadn't practiced in 12 days. Curry did not play, but coach Mike D'Antoni said the 7-footer will be worked into the mix over the next three days and is expected to be part of the rotation for Friday's game in New Orleans.

KNICKS 93, TRAIL BLAZERS 84: The Knicks led by as many as 23 points early in the fourth quarter before they suddenly went cold and the Trail Blazers sliced the lead to nine with 6:23 to go.

Danilo Gallinari then drilled a straightaway 3-pointer with 5:59 left. On the ensuing possession he came up with a steal off a Jerryd Bayless turnover to feed Larry Hughes for a three-point play to essentially put the game away.

Hughes had 21 points for the Knicks (7-15), who have won four of their last five and are on a season-high three-game winning streak.

p0nder

Starter
Great game thread. I know sometimes people here post links to tv feeds. I'm really hoping someone will do that for this game as it's not available in my area.

I think i'm going to have to get league pass.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Eddy curry is playing y'all. Smfh. There's no way we're winning this game with the black (ass) hole playing.

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
That's what im saying. If Gallo started we wouldn't be down by this much ! Why the hell is Curry even playing !

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
Hughes and Gallo are keeping us in this game. Why would a Coach mess with a rotation that was working the past 4-5 games ? I don't get it.

mafra

Legend
The Knicks supposed to have a 10 point lead after the 1st qtr.
Will the Knicks get a new headcoach already

I'm listening to the game on XM-Sirius radio, so I'm getting the NO broadcast b/c they're the home team.... Anyway, they are RIPPING the Knicks! This is classic!

On the last play of the 1st quarter, when we score w/ less than 3-seconds remaining.... NO throws 80-foot pass to CP and Curry fouls him. They go like this, "This is how bad NY is in every area. Horrible coaching- how do you allow a team to inbounds the ball w/ less than 3 seconds and not have a defender on him. Why are you letting them throw the ball down the court with nobody blocking him? THEN, no alert team allows that pass to happen, and then Curry is killing them.... HOw do you foul there?"

Curry comes in with a turnover, offensive foul, than that play!

They say the Knicks wont hustle, look like they could care less. Rebounds are hitting the floot, they're chasing nada, Thornton jumps over Gallo and rips offensive board and puts it back.

Knicks have ZERO offensive rebounds.... ZERO 2nd chance points.

Says the Knicks could care less tonight, look as though the missed the subway. Says somebody shoots and the rest just stand and watch.

No movement....

Best line on the Knicks: "They have no rhythm folks. You can't even slow dance to this."

So much for NY coming out and tryin to make a winning streak continue.

mafra

Legend
Cause he's on crack. There's no other explanation.

What coach allows the opponent to freely inbound the ball when there's about 2 seconds and they have to throw the ball all the way down court. What coach doesn't have a defender blocking the inbounders view?

mafra

Legend
Ah, I feel better now. The nightly Jared Jeffires blows an uncontested, point blank layup- that leads to a fastbreak and subsequent run for the other team.

LOL! Walsh actually thinks someone will trade for JJ. That just shows you how clueless our GM is.

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
You might be right SLY1984. Seriously i'm trying to figure out why D'Antoni does things, but his decisions really doesn't make sense! Everytime you think ok he has something here then he goes and messes it up!

mafra

Legend
28-14 points in the paint. Lee-JJ aint laying any defense. Would it hurt to bring in Darko or Hill.

Lee and JJ (and the Knicks) have ZERO offensive rebounds so far in the 1st half. ZERO. That's just hustle folks. Get someone in who cares and is willing to break a sweat.