Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Knicks @ Hornets

Now that's what im talking about, taking the lead. But where the hell is Gallo?! 4 minutes into the 3rd, Put him in the game already!

Originally Posted by smokes
    This is what confuses me about the whole Nate situation, now don't get me wrong, I'm not a Nate fan or anything but I think this whole situation is harsh on him.

I was watching that Orlando game and from what I remember Nate wasn't flaunting right away, it was after his 4th or 5th consecutive score that he pounded his chest, and yeah it hurt us on D that play but really, where were the other 4 players on the team in that 4th quarter while Nate was trying to get us back into it?

TBH I think this whole thing has got way out of whack, Nate is who he is, he's not an all star guard and never will be but when utilized correctly he's a deadly offensive weapon and a great energy guy. People seem to be forgetting his role and assuming he should be doing more.

Yeah we won four games after he got benched, woop-de-doo... We beat the Nets (worst team in the NBA), Portland (playing badly and just lost their C), Hawks (Josh Smith ejected) and Suns who are playing above their level anyway.
    Nicely put, smokes. The hate that almost everyone is showing towards Nate is perplexing. Even I, a nate fan, knows that he's ****ing up somewhat this year. But I can also see that the whole team is was ****in up collectively. Guys like duhon and chandler were playing like bitches during the bad start we had this year. Way worser than Nate was playing. Yet people on the site fail to acknowledge that.

This is what confuses me about the whole Nate situation, now don't get me wrong, I'm not a Nate fan or anything but I think this whole situation is harsh on him.

I was watching that Orlando game and from what I remember Nate wasn't flaunting right away, it was after his 4th or 5th consecutive score that he pounded his chest, and yeah it hurt us on D that play but really, where were the other 4 players on the team in that 4th quarter while Nate was trying to get us back into it?

TBH I think this whole thing has got way out of whack, Nate is who he is, he's not an all star guard and never will be but when utilized correctly he's a deadly offensive weapon and a great energy guy. People seem to be forgetting his role and assuming he should be doing more.

Yeah we won four games after he got benched, woop-de-doo... We beat the Nets (worst team in the NBA), Portland (playing badly and just lost their C), Hawks (Josh Smith ejected) and Suns who are playing above their level anyway.
    That's the thing though Smokes, he can be an all-star if he wanted to. He has all the talent, skills, and athleticism to be one. He just has to be more professional. I agree with you on yeah that's Nate and he's who he is. But like you said when he did flaut after the 4th or 5th score, it hurt us on the other end. Just that 1 score by the other team hurts us in the game. Like I said I hope he stays a Knick but only if he changes his ways. When your on the court play and think about basketball and only basketball. He can joke around and have fun as much as he wants when he's not on the court.

Oh ****, we're up?!?! What, did Curry get struck by lightning or something???

Originally Posted by TheChosen1
    That's the thing though Smokes, he can be an all-star if he wanted to. He has all the talent, skills, and athleticism to be one. He just has to be more professional. I agree with you on yeah that's Nate and he's who he is. But like you said when he did flaut after the 4th or 5th score, it hurt us on the other end. Just that 1 score by the other team hurts us in the game. Like I said I hope he stays a Knick but only if he changes his ways. When your on the court play and think about basketball and only basketball. He can joke around and have fun as much as he wants when he's not on the court.
    Well I'm not sure where along the line you've decided he could be an all-star.

He's too small for the SG, still he does a decent job playing there. No his defense is not good especially not at SG but what can be expected when you're 1 foot shorter than the other guy?

He is not an elite ball handler or passer, so he will never be an all star PG.

The only things Nate has in his arsenal is extreme energy, athleticism and a good scoring instinct. This does not make him a potential all star imo.

I don't have a problem with Nate being benched if it's for the best but what I don't understand is half the fans turning against him, expecting him to be something he isn't and calling him out for stuff that isn't even that big of a deal.

Veteran

Originally Posted by mafra
    Give me Douglas. At least he'll play defense. N8 will score, but while he's pounding his chest his man will beat him down the court and score an easy bucket. Getting the ball to score is a priveledge. If you wont work, then you don't deserve the rock.

To be fair to N8 though.... We should just release him so he can take his act elsewhere.

For a guy who is always punching his chest, his energy off the bench always bring us back from being down by double-digits on a consistent bases.
    Sometime I think more sport-Fans pay more attention to what they read and hear than what they see with their eyes (Larry Brown on Iverson), Nate is considered imature b/c he is always happy he made his dream come true.
    Being able to play in the NBA...

The "Rental-Players" plus Chandler took control of this game at the end of the 3rd and start of 4th

Good to see the Knicks woke up. I go eat and return to find out their leading. Good stuff!

N8 got benched b/c he took the shot against NJ, then that hard foul and then finally D'ant was feed up when he saw him joking around with howard BEFORE the last ORL game.

I expected big things from N8 this year. I really did. I was really happy he wanted to return and I applauded that loyalty. BUT, I had to admit his antics disgust me now. NO GROWTH in this kid. None whatsoever.

There's just no excuse for a player who wont take his job seriously. They're paying him 4 million.... the least he could do is keep his focus. This aint AAU. This is PROFESSIONAL basketball. Take your job seriously.

People act like a scoring guard is hard to find? LOL! Look at Marcus Thornton. They're a dime a dozen. Let a dude dominate the ball and take 18 shots and you'll see a lot of dudes who can score.

N8 could improve his dribble, his passing, his defense. He's just too busy being the class clown.

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    For a guy who is always punching his chest, his energy off the bench always bring us back from being down by double-digits on a consistent bases.
    Sometime I think more sport-Fans pay more attention to what they read and hear than what they see with their eyes (Larry Brown on Iverson), Nate is considered imature b/c he is always happy he made his dream come true.
    Being able to play in the NBA...

The "Rental-Players" plus Chandler took control of this game at the end of the 3rd and start of 4th
    There's the key... Whenever the Knicks are trailing in a blowout, the other team lets their guards down. Most of his scoring explosions occur when the other team isn't even really trying, or we're playing against their subs.

Case in point where all those games last year N8 brought us back from the dead, BUT NEVER could seal the deal. When it came down to hitting that buzzer beater- CLANK!

"he is always happy he made his dream come true. Being able to play in the NBA..."

You see... this isn't good enough for me. You can have that sort of guy... I prefer the guy who isn't content just b/c he made it. I want the guy who will fight to WIN, where WINNING is what matters.

Just showing up means nothing.... This is part of N8's problem. This is a profession.... Not taking it seriously is akin to disrespect.

"I don't have a problem with Nate being benched if it's for the best but what I don't understand is half the fans turning against him, expecting him to be something he isn't and calling him out for stuff that isn't even that big of a deal."

Sorry. Shoting a 3 at your own basket is a big deal. For one thing, it ALMOST counted against the Knicks, and secondly, it deprived NY a chance for a miracle chuck at their own basket (like the one harrington hit tonight).

How about going like 6-40 from the field the first few games? How was that?

what a good game so far. I love D'Antoni

It's funny. Knicks will probably lose this game b/c Eddie Curry played those 5 minutes. Everything we (and he) feared about shoving him into the rotation.

Well I'm not sure where along the line you've decided he could be an all-star.

He's too small for the SG, still he does a decent job playing there. No his defense is not good especially not at SG but what can be expected when you're 1 foot shorter than the other guy?

He is not an elite ball handler or passer, so he will never be an all star PG.

The only things Nate has in his arsenal is extreme energy, athleticism and a good scoring instinct. This does not make him a potential all star imo.

I don't have a problem with Nate being benched if it's for the best but what I don't understand is half the fans turning against him, expecting him to be something he isn't and calling him out for stuff that isn't even that big of a deal.
    He can work on those skills. He can be that scoring PG in this league. He has so much quickness and stamina to be a beast on defense.

I don't know about you but He handles the ball pretty well and when he did run the PG for a while, his passing was good. He has the ability to penetrate and dish or shoot.

He can be a Westbrook type of player despite his height.

Sometime I think more sport-Fans pay more attention to what they read and hear than what they see with their eyes
    I think that's a pretty good summary of what's going on with a lot of this Nate-hate.

There's the key... Whenever the Knicks are trailing in a blowout, the other team lets their guards down. Most of his scoring explosions occur when the other team isn't even really trying, or we're playing against their subs.

Case in point where all those games last year N8 brought us back from the dead, BUT NEVER could seal the deal. When it came down to hitting that buzzer beater- CLANK!

"he is always happy he made his dream come true. Being able to play in the NBA..."

You see... this isn't good enough for me. You can have that sort of guy... I prefer the guy who isn't content just b/c he made it. I want the guy who will fight to WIN, where WINNING is what matters.

Just showing up means nothing.... This is part of N8's problem. This is a profession.... Not taking it seriously is akin to disrespect.
    I'll give you some of your points, but I gotta disagree with a few.

First off Nate's fourth quarter point surges aren't always against teams who have their guard down or are playing subs. He is an energy guy, that's his forte. Problem is he is NOT an all star guard, you can't put the game on his shoulders, someone else has to step up and consistently the Knicks rely on 1 guy (Harrington or Nate) to get them back and that's not going to happen, it needs to happen from a team effort.

Also I think Nate does want to win, he does have a lot of respect for our team, look at him on the bench tonight, 5 games he hasn't played and he is jumping off the bench cheering on the team. Yeah he makes mistakes as does everyone and I don't personally like his showboating either BUT I don't think it's the cause of any of our losses.

Anyway back to the game, it's nice to see us really stepping up tonight. Although D'antonis decision making sometimes is questionable, this system is clearly effective, problem is we don't have the players to make it work. When our guys get hot we win and when they don't we lose. If we had 2-3 consistent scorers we would win a hell of a lot more.

Who the hell is this Duhon guy? Where the hell has he been this season lol
    Loving this game.

Great play by the Knicks. Big ups to Gallo and Chandler blocking shots. The effort by this team is getting better and better every single game. Gallo just does everything on the court.

Great win by the KNICKS! 4 in a row! How sweet it is.

I think that's a pretty good summary of what's going on with a lot of this Nate-hate.

I'll give you some of your points, but I gotta disagree with a few.

First off Nate's fourth quarter point surges aren't always against teams who have their guard down or are playing subs. He is an energy guy, that's his forte. Problem is he is NOT an all star guard, you can't put the game on his shoulders, someone else has to step up and consistently the Knicks rely on 1 guy (Harrington or Nate) to get them back and that's not going to happen, it needs to happen from a team effort.

Also I think Nate does want to win, he does have a lot of respect for our team, look at him on the bench tonight, 5 games he hasn't played and he is jumping off the bench cheering on the team. Yeah he makes mistakes as does everyone and I don't personally like his showboating either BUT I don't think it's the cause of any of our losses.

Anyway back to the game, it's nice to see us really stepping up tonight. Although D'antonis decision making sometimes is questionable, this system is clearly effective, problem is we don't have the players to make it work. When our guys get hot we win and when they don't we lose. If we had 2-3 consistent scorers we would win a hell of a lot more.
    I don't blame our losing on N8 either. I also think he can be a force when he's on. Just so happens that you can rely on that once every 5-6 games.... which means he does little to help you do anything when he's not on.

I always felt like his best usage was to let him run wild and pull him when he's cold (or forcing the issue).... put him in when you need a spark.

I like him as a person, would love to hang out with him, love his personality and all that stuff... I just got fed up with his showboating, and his lack of concentration. You know... HEY.... we can lose with you or lose w/out you just the same. AND, as it stands now.... Knicks are 7-6 and are on a 5-1 run or something since he got benched.

LOOK AT DUHON, we all still bash the guy but he's been playing much better lately. N8 has way more talent than Duhon, but Duhon is willing to roll up his sleeve and do the work.

I have to give coach credit for tonight. Whatever he did at the half- it worked!

BUT, I do think it might be time soon to let N8 out of the doghouse. If Curry can get some minutes, so can N8. Otherwise, trade him next week to anyone who wants him so he can play.

BUT, when we win.... and if Douglas doesn't even play.... hard to demand we se N8.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]