Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Knicks @ Hornets

Yeah Gallo and Chandler impressed a lot with their hustle today. I'm praying this is Chandler settling down after his injury because I was expecting big things from him this year and so far he's been disappointing. He could play like this every night. It's not huge numbers but the effort is there and that's converting into great basketball.

Gallo is just showing his skills now, we all knew he was a knock down shooter but the effort he put in on D tonight was great. I also really liked the fact that he drove to the basket, clearly got fouled, they didn't call it, but he wasn't hanging around whining, he got back and carried it on, didn't let it affect his game.

NO sucks really but this was an enjoyable win. CP3 is probably dying to be playing for coach D right now.

atta boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by TheChosen1
    Who the hell is this Duhon guy? Where the hell has he been this season lol
    Loving this game.

Great play by the Knicks. Big ups to Gallo and Chandler blocking shots. The effort by this team is getting better and better every single game. Gallo just does everything on the court.

Great win by the KNICKS! 4 in a row! How sweet it is.
    Double-Double from Gallo.... 12 points, 11 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 steal, 2 blocks and only 1 turnover. That's a solid game.

Also props to WC. Great shooting tonight.

Looks like we're going to see a TIGHT 7-9 man rotation.... Gallo & Hughes off the bench, with some Curry sprinkled in (and perhaps some N8 or TD).

Originally Posted by smokes
    Yeah Gallo and Chandler impressed a lot with their hustle today. I'm praying this is Chandler settling down after his injury because I was expecting big things from him this year and so far he's been disappointing. He could play like this every night. It's not huge numbers but the effort is there and that's converting into great basketball.

Gallo is just showing his skills now, we all knew he was a knock down shooter but the effort he put in on D tonight was great. I also really liked the fact that he drove to the basket, clearly got fouled, they didn't call it, but he wasn't hanging around whining, he got back and carried it on, didn't let it affect his game.

NO sucks really but this was an enjoyable win. CP3 is probably dying to be playing for coach D right now.
    Exactly... I do think WC is adjusting and finally getting healthy. I think Gallo has that IT.... that IT with his talent means good things to come. he wants to be a complete player. I totally expect him to improve his defense, his rebounding.... What I love is that he's focusing on those 2 things.... even more so than just trying to be an all-around scorer!

We really could use WC to fit into that Shawn Marion type role. Knock down 3s, play defense, get to the basket!

NO stinks, but they have won a few games lately, and ANY road victory for us is huge.

Also glad to see that Hughes-Harrington combo leading this team. It just takes the heat off the kids.

Veteran

And don't forget - we had seven blocked shots tonight. For a team that was dead last in shotblocking last year, that's excellent progress (3 from WC, 2 from Gallo and 2 from JJ)

YEEEEEAAAAHHHHH!!!!

Another win mother****ers!!! Loving it...!!! Beer will taste even better tonight with another win in the bag...

And all the haters shut the **** up real quick...

aaaAAAAAAA first 4-0 run for years OMG, even duhon played well, such nyk confidence in 4th qarter !!

I can still look for 7-0 before the X-mas.
    Last edited by milchshake; Dec 12, 2009 at 03:56.

oh yeah 8 man rotation is ridiculous huh..

okayyyy
    5-1
    since

45-37.

we will get there

Don't think that this winning streak is because Nate is "grounded".
    We finally have a different atittude, playing smarter, as a team and most important, we stopped shooting 3's all the time!
    If we continue to play like this, we might have shot at the playoffs, but we need more depth, we can't play only 8 guys for the rest of the season.

Veteran

Smile We need a Headcoach

Originally Posted by TunerAddict

I been Hating on Celebrity coach Dantoni and Walsh since the day they got this job. Their career history do not belong on the Knicks.

I know the talents and skills of all the Knick-Players.....
    Our 3rd and 4th quarter (28-17 and 32-17) makes my first post during this game so much true....."the Knicks were suppose to have a 10 point lead after the first quarter"

If u and many others are to blind to see that Donnie Walsh had much much more to do with this 4 game win streak than coach Dantoni....u have a blind eye to NBA B-Ball.

Donnie Walsh made the move with his big media conection at 11:00 AM on espn and NBA TV, by announcing a multiple trade between the Knicks and Chicago with his Pet-Player Harrington included in the trade.
    What was our record at the time....4-15.
    It dont look like I was the only one "Hating on Dantoni".
    A 4 game win streak (8-15)

Call it Kiya conspiracy theory or whatever, but Wilson Chandler was not driving, slashing, or hitting 45% of his jumpers in none of the first 19 games of the season. And Duhon return performance of lastseason just happen to return on the same day Walsh had that trade proposal announced all on espn and NBA TV. Yet, no players were traded

Veteran

Unhappy Just Sad Sad Sad

Originally Posted by DontForgetDerekHarper
    oh yeah 8 man rotation is ridiculous huh..

okayyyy
    5-1
    since

45-37.

we will get there

Why do Knick-Fans keep counting that Phoenix Suns game as a WIN?
    There is no way they watch that game.
    Phoenix Suns knocked off the Orlando Magic last night, and have a 16-7 record with the highest team points in the NBA at 108 per game.

Dantoni got more friends in the Phoenix organization than he have in the NBA.....a lost to a dear friend with a 3-14 record means nothing to a .680 Phoenix Suns

Originally Posted by TunerAddict

ooo dayumm bro, the haters struck mad quickly. already blaming curry and dantoni for a loss when it was still the first half! come on guys you saw us come back in atlanta the same way. glad to see the knicks shut you guys up for now(for now being the key words lol). hopefully they can keep it up. seriously though i had a hardon watching the second half. the movement without the ball, cutting to the lane, excellent passing, it was just some beautiful basketball. and how sick was that final 18-0 run at the end of the game?? duhorn actually played decent, lets hope he can keep that up, we gonna need it if we want any shot at that 8th spot. and gallo was huge as usual lol.

GO KNICKS!

forgot to add that our second half defense was much improved. im still perplexed at how we've been able to keep teams under 100 points. i mean we are the knicks after all. next game is the bobcats. there should be NO way they score 100 points if the knicks keep playing solid defense. and has anyone else noticed gallo's massive improvent on defense? i admit last year he was keith van horn-like defensively. even in the beginning of this year he wasnt to hot. i still remember steven "no name" grahm crossing him up in the shot that propelled the bobcats to beat us the first time. but he has improved to become a decent man defender, and a nice help defender. had 2 blocks yesterday. we gotta see improvment from gallo from all phases, and im glad he seems commited on the d-end.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

If Gallinari can give us a block a game and 8 rebounds per game....we'll definately have our Dirk.