View Poll Results: How long do you think the streak will last for?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Over against Char.

4 25.00%
  • between 5 and 9 in a row

12 75.00%
  • 10 or beyond

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Power Ranking: Knicks overatted?

lol.we're ranked 15 now with a game vs the 14 ranked in charlotte.we need this game.

Veteran

Obviously I was just joking, lol.

But yeah I'd love to have a thug with the skills to back it up like Sprewell. Bring some badassery back to the Knicks like we had in the late 90's

Originally Posted by New New York
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Number 16, kinda high dont you think?

I guess maybe it is just my superstition, but I like us being a lower ranked team. It means opponents will sleep on us more.

But it was nice to have to keep scrolling up from the bottom to find us and truth be told we are currently playing better than all the teams below us.

I would love if we ended the season the 16th best team in the league
    Well you have to understand that Hollinger's ratings are much different than all the other power rankings on the internet. Hollinger uses a specific formula to tabulate results. The computer spits out the results based on his formula.

His rankings are akin to technical analysis in stock trading, in comparison to fundamental analysis which is what all the other rankings use.

Overall his rankings are much more accurate than any of the other rankings in my opinion. Those other rankings are all a lot of crap in my opinion. Especially when it comes to rating teams on the bottom end.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

You sign a MLE PG to back up...not play 46 muthafukin minutes in a game to do absolutely nothing except jog up and down the court.

Duhon isn't that good.
    Never was that good.
    When can we realize this?

The organization failed in not giving D'Antoni a PG to work with.

Duhon is low quality...**** all the inflated stats, you guys know he's bad.

I don't know why people on this forum dare to defend a Louisiana version of Kevin Ollie.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    You sign a MLE PG to back up...not play 46 muthafukin minutes in a game to do absolutely nothing except jog up and down the court.

Duhon isn't that good.
    Never was that good.

I don't know why people on this forum dare to defend a Louisiana version of Kevin Ollie.
    pretty much....chris duhon = howard eisley 2.0.........chris duhon possible the worst starting PG in da league

Duhon isn't that good.
    Never was that good.

co-signnnn took the words right outta my mouth. the thing that pisses me off is that once management parted ways with starbury we knew our biggest weakness was PG. so we go into a draft LOADED with starting pg's. oh to bad, instead of jennings or lawson we drafted etan thomas 2.0 in jordan hill. alright how about free agency? ramon sessions, jason williams, jamal tinsely are all options. but we dont go after anyy of them. how the **** can management tell us that they are aiming for the playoffs when chris duhon is our pg. hes so bad he makes eric snow look good as a player and nba analyst (which he sucks at both).

Duhon isn't that good.
    Never was that good.

Assist to T.O. ratio is a legit stat regardless of your playing time or type of offense you play in

Look I am not a Duhon fan -I am in fact indifferent on him- I'm just a realist, I am not defending him, but I am not overly critical of a player who has no impact on our future. If we had signed him past 2010 and his 6 million counted against the cap, then I would feel differently.

But my point again is, what did we really expect from him when we signed him?

You're right in most cases you sign a MLE PG to be a backup, but who should be playing in front of him? The reason why he plays the minutes he does is simply because we do not have another PG on the team.

I'll say it again....no one thought Duhon was going to be the savior of the franchise, what he is giving us now is all that we should expect!

Being mad that Duhon is not a top 5 PG is like being upset that Darko isnt Gasol or that Larry Hughes isnt playing like Joe Johnson.

" A wise man Faces reality as it, not how he wishes it was"

~Jack Welch
    Last edited by New New York; Dec 15, 2009 at 22:21.

Originally Posted by dpryde
    co-signnnn took the words right outta my mouth. the thing that pisses me off is that once management parted ways with starbury we knew our biggest weakness was PG. so we go into a draft LOADED with starting pg's. oh to bad, instead of jennings or lawson we drafted etan thomas 2.0 in jordan hill. alright how about free agency? ramon sessions, jason williams, jamal tinsely are all options. but we dont go after anyy of them. how the **** can management tell us that they are aiming for the playoffs when chris duhon is our pg. hes so bad he makes eric snow look good as a player and nba analyst (which he sucks at both).

ummmm....manangement actually went after all three of the PG's you just listed,we were the first to workout Jason Williams and Jamal Tinsley, we flirted heavily w/ Ramon Sessions be he wouldve hindered our cap space in 2010 so we passed because he wasnt wort hit.....not to mention Andre Miller who we didnt get because he wanted more than a 1 yr deal and we went after this PG by the name of Jason Kidd.

So your argument that we did not try to upgrade the PG position this offseason is invalid

Originally Posted by DontForgetDerekHarper
    yeah I mean Duhon has been playing awesome on our streak, but we need a pg who plays awesome all the time, not just now. I mean if Duhon keeps this up the rest of the year and we make the playoffs then you gotta give him credit, but I believe half our losses are 75 percent his fault.
    he should still be back up to Toney Douglas