View Poll Results: Would anyone else here love to have Camby back?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ya

10 76.92%
  • Nein

2 15.38%
  • Who?

0 0%
  • I miss Marbury

1 7.69%

Thread: League Wide Interest In Camby.

Trade Icon League Wide Interest In Camby.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. In the last year of a contract worth $9.1 million, Camby goes into tonight's game against the San Antonio Spurs ranked fifth in the league in blocks (2.1 per game) and sixth in rebounding (11.0 per game). "Marcus has been great," Dunleavy said. "We have a lot of guys that have a lot of interest from a lot of people." [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Read more: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    2.1 and 11.... I hope we're on that list of those interested... Not for any reason but getting back one of my all time favorite knicks...
    <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="740"><tbody><tr><td colspan="4">
    • Marcus Camby
    • Forward
    </td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td width="277"> <!--insert action photo--> <script> var buyPhotoURL = ""; </script> <!-- Output Photo --> <script> //Define properties of image var imageLocation = "/media/act_marcus_camby.jpg"; var imageCaption = "Marcus Camby"; var imageCredit = ""; var imageWidth = 270; var imageHeight = 240; var iFrameEmbed = false; var omitEmailPhoto = false; var imageLink = ""; var linkWindow = ""; var target = document; if(iFrameEmbed) target = parent.document; //Set up cookies for sending the photo function submitEmailPhoto(indexPos) { SetCookie ("imageSRC", imageLoc[indexPos], null, "/"); SetCookie ("imageCaption", imageCap[indexPos], null, "/"); SetCookie ("imageCredit", imageCre[indexPos], null, "/"); SetCookie ("articleURL", target.location, null, "/"); SetCookie ("articleTitle", window.target.title, null, "/"); SetCookie ("omitAmex", imageAmex[indexPos], null, "/"); var host = location.hostname; host = host.substring(host.indexOf(".")); if (host == ".nba.com") { SetCookie ("teamPath", location.pathname.substring(1, location.pathname.indexOf('/', 1)), null, "/"); SetCookie("site", 'NBA', null, "/"); } attrs = 'toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,m enubar=no,scrollbars=no,screenX=25,screenY=25,top= 25,left=25,copyhistory=no,,width=738,height=590'; newPopup=window.open('/components/EmailAPhotoForm.html','EmailaPhoto',attrs); newPopup.focus(); } </script> [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] | [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] <script> if(imageLocation.indexOf("cache.nba.com") > -1) imageLoc[currentEPhoto] = imageLocation.substring(imageLocation.indexOf("cac he.nba.com") + 13, imageLocation.length); else if(imageLocation.indexOf("www.nba.com") > -1) imageLoc[currentEPhoto] = imageLocation.substring(imageLocation.indexOf("www .nba.com") + 11, imageLocation.length); else if(imageLocation.indexOf("media.nba.com") > -1) imageLoc[currentEPhoto] = imageLocation.substring(imageLocation.indexOf("med ia.nba.com") + 13, imageLocation.length); else imageLoc[currentEPhoto] = imageLocation; imageCap[currentEPhoto] = imageCaption; imageCre[currentEPhoto] = imageCredit; currentEPhoto++; </script> |[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

<link rel="image_src" href="http://www.nba.com/media/act_marcus_camby.jpg">

</td> <td> 2009-10 Statistics

<dl id="prastats"><dt>PPG</dt><dd>8.5 </dd><dt>RPG</dt><dd>10.80 </dd><dt>APG</dt><dd>3.3 </dd><dt class="pralast">EFF</dt><dd class="pralast">+ 20.82 </dd></dl> Born: Mar 22, 1974
    Height: 6-11 / 2.11
    Weight: 235 lbs. / 106.6 kg.
    College: Massachusetts
    Years Pro: 13
    <!--Generated by LOKI 2.0 (xsl/structured_data/player_list_active.xsl)--> <!--Generated by LOKI 2.0 (xsl/structured_data/player_list_active.xsl)-->
    FANTASY IMPACT

Starter | [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

</td></tr></tbody></table>

And it's not like we couldn't use his 2 bpg....

It'll never happen

Well dont be so sure. Camby's contract expires after this year, and we cant just sign Bron and not surround him with pieces. Camby could be one of the pieces we add, and he would be a tremendous help to the team, Lord knows we need those blocks.

I was big on camby back when he was here, but he was injured pretty much the entire time. Then just as he got healthy we traded him. I think he's a great option at the 5 (tho he's still small for the position). That all being said I don't think the Clippers are going to trade him. And in fact I've heard their management have told all suitors that camby is off-limits and they aren't interested in trading him.

I think that we'd have to give up a LOT to get him, and that our focus is better spent trying to deal Nate with Curry or Jefferies.

No thanks. I loved Camby as a Knick but he is too old and does not fit into our longterm vision.

Originally Posted by TR1LL10N
    No thanks. I loved Camby as a Knick but he is too old and does not fit into our longterm vision.
    ... Why not? We can't have a veteran big man who blocks shots for 2 years? I dont know about you but it fits the bill for my knicks team.

Originally Posted by NYKChevy
    ... Why not? We can't have a veteran big man who blocks shots for 2 years? I dont know about you but it fits the bill for my knicks team.
    If we were contending for a title...maybe. At this point it is best to play people we want to trade or develop.

ok, I get you. I was talking about signing him next year to put next to a LeBron/Joe Johnson type.

I'd love to, he'd bring energy and a lot of defense to the team, plus, guys like Hill and Lee would learn a lot of things with him.
    And the Garden would love it too, Camby is a true Knick.

Default Too late.

What?? Why do we need Camby at the 5?
    We've got a perfectly good big man there already.

That's right. (now if only he could jump)

Who did you think I was talking about?

His defense and rebounding are awesome, I wouldnt mind him on the nYK short term.

Would love to have him back (maybe Nate and Jarred?)

Originally Posted by OriginalKnickGrandson
    Would love to have him back (maybe Nate and Jarred?)
    lol sounds to good to be true, but i think mike dunleavy would have learned his lesson after we ****ed him over into getting zach randolph, but then again he is mike dunleavy