Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: New York Knicks @ Charlotte Bobcats 12/15/2009

Game Thread New York Knicks @ Charlotte Bobcats 12/15/2009

New York Knicks (8-15) @ Charlotte Bobcats (9-13)
    Tue. 12/15/2009 at 7:00pm ET at TWC Arena

Hello everybody and welcome to the vs. the game thread

After having a dreadful start and going 3-14 to begin the seasson, the NY Knicks are going the opposite way so far this month and going 5-1 in December.

We can only hope the Knicks build more confidence on this promising turnaround. The last time our Knicks went on a four or longer winning streak was back in 2006 when Larry Brown (lol) was still our coach.

I believe if the Knicks can play this type bball and maintain a winning attitude we are going to make the play-offs and will have an easier time convincing free agents next summer.

Now lets see some of our members oppinions about some of our players and the state of the team.

Al Harrington

''24 games in to this season, and Al Harrington has proven he can put up +20ppg against any opponent any night, home or away. He seems passionate and determined. Focused and thirsty to win. He's our team leader off the court, inspiring the team to read the same Lou Holtz book - "Winning Everyday" a book focusing on determination and achieving goals as a competitor.He's also been reported to have a printed update of the Eastern Conference standings next to his locker in order to keep tabs on NY's playoff hunt.'' Crayzy8s

Danilo Gallinari

''The thing that excites me more about Gallo than anything is his relentlessness on defense. He has not been backing down and been aggressive. He's been blocking shots left and right. I'm real happy that he's focusing on becoming a defensive threat. We all know that he can score but if he could give us that 1-2 blocks a game, damn we got ourselves a great player guys.'' TheChosen1

Wilson Chandler

''I'm praying this is Chandler settling down after his injury because I was expecting big things from him this year and so far he's been disappointing. He could play like this every night. It's not huge numbers but the effort is there and that's converting into great basketball.'' smokes

And now few lines from Espn game preview:
    ''The surging Knicks look to extend their season-high winning streak to five games and avoid a fourth straight loss to the host Charlotte Bobcats on Tuesday night. Charlotte could face a stiffer test this time against a Knicks team averaging 109.3 points and shooting 49.4 percent this month, while holding opponents to an average of 100.2 points in its six December games.''
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

And now the probable starting line-ups:

PG. CHRIS DUHON
    SG. WILSON CHANDLER
    SF. JARRED JEFFRIES
    PF. AL HARRINGTON
    C. DAVID LEE

Reserves:

TONEY DOUGLAS
    LARRY HUGHES
    DANILO GALLINARI
    JORDAN HILL
    EDY CURRY

Coach

MIKE D'ANTONI

VS.

PG. RAYMOND FELTON
    SG. STEPHEN JACKSON
    SF. GERALD WALLACE
    PF. BORIS DIAW
    C. TYSON CHANDLER

Reserves:

DJ AUGUSTIN
    GERALD HENDERSON
    STEPHEN GRAHAM
    DERRICK BROWN

NAZR MOHAMMED

COACH

LARRY BROWN

I hope we continue to play well and this should be a win for us if we play like we did lately.

My prediction:

Knicks 106 Bobcats 98

GO KNICKS

Last edited by DANUTZ39; Dec 15, 2009 at 05:33.

Nice... funny how we've been .500 since: 1) Not signing Iverson. 2) Benching N8. 3) NOT running D'Antoni's famed system. Go figure? Anyway... D'Antoni 7 man rotation will eventually get burned out- and he will find a way to f*ck this up- sadly. It's time to work Curry-Douglas into the mix. Bout' time this moron starts winning- Go NYK's!

great thread man! and i think this game might be dominated by the knicks in the first half, and the bobcats will make a huge run in the second half to make this game a nail biter. knicks's defense fails, but they score just enough to win 111-108.

Originally Posted by Red
    Nice... funny how we've been .500 since: 1) Not signing Iverson. 2) Benching N8. 3) NOT running D'Antoni's famed system. Go figure? Anyway... D'Antoni 7 man rotation will eventually get burned out- and he will find a way to f*ck this up- sadly. It's time to work Curry-Douglas into the mix. Bout' time this moron starts winning- Go NYK's!
    LOL actually we've gone .500 since i said that if we reached .500 by year end i would print off my post and eat it...

Great game thread! I think we're going to extend the winning streak here. I agree with red that Curry should start getting put into the mix more. Showcasing him and playing well around him is an important part to getting him to move. If we can win with curry as a large piece of the effort we can show that to other teams and get him off the books.

Looking forward to this game tonight... Anyone have a link to the broadcast?

Oh look i found one:

potential bad news, saw a report that says harrington has the stomach flu. itd be a huge blow to lose him for this game with how well hes been playing this december. hopefully he can play through it

News: Harrington is suffering from an illness and did not participate in Tuesday morning's shootaround, the New York Times' Jonathan Abrams reports.
    Spin: Despite the illness, Harrington is expected to play in Tuesday's game against Charlotte. Be sure to get him in your fantasy lineup.

he'll still play, hopefully he can still be effective

Hopefully Al doesn't chuck tonight...He needs to play to his strength, driving...He destroyed these guys last time...

Veteran

Duhon
    Chandler
    Jeff
    Harrington
    Lee

Not a bad starting lineup

duhon is off to a good start

There's a block party going on in Charlotte and it's by the KNICKS ! That's what i'm talking about. Gallo with 2 blocks already !

why do we keep trying to force it to curry, they know what we're doing

I hope we comeback in the 2nd quarter with our heads on straight. They couldn't make a pass towards end of the 1st. Curry has to play if we want to get rid of him. Even though we play the worst when he's out there.

Veteran

To break Curry into the rotation his minutes should be alongside of David Lee

when curry was in the game the knicks kept trying to force him the ball. but he got some great position a couple of times and got some terrible passes. hughes not having the greatest first half, we gotta keep strong, same thing pretty much happened with New Orleans. But we need more BALL MOVEMENT, hopefuly we'll get that