Thread: Charlotte and Knicks talking Augustine????

Hybrid View

Default Charlotte and Knicks talking Augustine????

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Charlotte Bobcats head coach Larry Brown and young point guard DJ. Augustin aren't getting along right about now and the word is that if things don't change, Augustin could be picking up a one-way ticket to the Big Apple, according to the New York Post.

The New York Knicks are certainly interested in Augustin. You'd think the team would want any possible replacement to Chris Duhon(notes) and Nate Robinson(notes) at this point. The two teams apparently spent some time talking about a possible deal for Augustin last off-season. "He was part of a bigger deal," the source told the Post.

One of Brown's greatest friends in basketball is Donnie Walsh, the Knicks president, so the phone lines are certainly open between to talk about potential deals. The word is that Brown would trade Augutstin but Michael Jordan doesn't want to do such a thing just yet.
    I have been a fan of Augustine in college. Unfortunately, I have not watched too many of his NBA games so I am not sure how he is transitioning.

I'll take him because we need a pure PG but his size and stats are underwhelming. Hopefully he can thrive under Dant's system...anything is better than Du Du.

I would say as of right now, Duhon is a better option at the pg than Augistine, Financially we would still keep duhon, and allow DJ to pick up back up minutes that should go to nate, question is what r we going to do with douglas ?

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

I was thinking about leaving this site because I've been reading a lot of stupid **** lately.

But nothing defeats what was stated above. Chris Duhon, seriously?
    I just hope Knicks get D.J because I always wanted him and he will be a star in this system.
    But I'm out...I can't handle the madness.

I said right now, future considerations maybe DJ is better, but I believe in Larry brown and if hes not playing DJ its for a reason, dude is average 5 ppg and 2 assists in 18 mins a game. I dont know what that means to you, but to me it means he isnt playing very well. The players like duhon, and on our winning steak he has been playing very solid, I feel like if we took on DJ there could be some chemistry issues going on, and I really dont see him panning out over his career as a legit pg, let duhons contract run out and move forward next year with tony douglas and some one else. I know you are set in your ways metro and if you hate a player you hate a player forever, but DJ isnt performing at all, you cant back a player putting up 5 and 2 a gm.

Originally Posted by DontForgetDerekHarper
    I said right now, future considerations maybe DJ is better, but I believe in Larry brown and if hes not playing DJ its for a reason, dude is average 5 ppg and 2 assists in 18 mins a game. I dont know what that means to you, but to me it means he isnt playing very well. The players like duhon, and on our winning steak he has been playing very solid, I feel like if we took on DJ there could be some chemistry issues going on, and I really dont see him panning out over his career as a legit pg, let duhons contract run out and move forward next year with tony douglas and some one else. I know you are set in your ways metro and if you hate a player you hate a player forever, but DJ isnt performing at all, you cant back a player putting up 5 and 2 a gm.
    But you also have to remember that Larry Brown puts his players down whenever he wants to, and thats gotta have an effect on them. He's probably asking DJ to do things hes not used to doing this season. nyk nyk is right, he's not a point guard, he's a tweener, but those kind of players can thrive under D'Antoni ball. I mean look at the kid last season, 12 points a game on 44 percent from 3... That sounds like a D'Antoni player to me. He's also young so he's only going to get better. I think he's a great future piece.

My question is what are we giving up for him.

Originally Posted by TR1LL10N
    I'll take him because we need a pure PG but his size and stats are underwhelming. Hopefully he can thrive under Dant's system...anything is better than Du Du.
    If that's your reason then your interested in the wrong player. DJ is not a pure PG. Not saying he isn't good, but he's more like a Nate or Mo Williams.

agreed.from what i can remember about him in college, he was a pure point with a good jump shot.**** around and he ends up being a steve nash type.i'd definitely take him.as long as we don't get additional trash from them, all is good.

Can I make that my sig?