Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Charlotte and Knicks talking Augustine????

I dont think Larry wants Nate, if you remember he wanted to send Nate to the D-League when he was here and he sat a lot.

I wouldn't want someone like Tyson Chandler unless we were giving up Curry to get him, and even that only if theres way we can get an expiring back for Curry first. His contract is too large and he's a shell of his former self. His numbers have slipped considerably since 2007-08. I mean do you really wanna pay the guy 23 mil for the next 2 years for 6 ppg and 6 rebounds? I mean he doesnt even block shots well, he averages 1.3 bpg. I dont know, I wouldnt want that. It would seem like making a deal just to make a deal.

Originally Posted by NYKChevy
    I dont think Larry wants Nate, if you remember he wanted to send Nate to the D-League when he was here and he sat a lot.

I wouldn't want someone like Tyson Chandler unless we were giving up Curry to get him, and even that only if theres way we can get an expiring back for Curry first. His contract is too large and he's a shell of his former self. His numbers have slipped considerably since 2007-08. I mean do you really wanna pay the guy 23 mil for the next 2 years for 6 ppg and 6 rebounds? I mean he doesnt even block shots well, he averages 1.3 bpg. I dont know, I wouldnt want that. It would seem like making a deal just to make a deal.
    You have to remember that Chandler was injury plagued last season and now he's playing in a completely different system without a pass-first PG. Almost all of Chandlers points came from O rebounds, putbacks and alley-oops, they aren't catering for his style in Charlotte.

I don't see why you wouldn't want to do a Curry for Chandler swap, that really boggles the mind. Chandler is infinitely better than Curry and a lot easier to trade. Good quality defensive 7 footers are a rarity in the league right now.

IMO I would only do a Curry for Chandler swap if I knew there was no way that I could swap Curry for an expiring.

you hear so many rumors and few ever come into fruition. would ilike to have dj augustin here? hell yeah. if we got him i would expect a little time of a learning curve, but then he would really shine. as much as I hate duhorrible, i would not mind him as a backup. i remember a lot of ppl calling for augustine on draft day. it really would be sick if we could end up with gallo and augustine. the real question is, how likely is that gonna happen? we can only hope a deal can go down

and that 6 and 6, thats this season buddy.

Default Sensing a pattern?

Another manufactured rumor, meant to passify Knick fans til' 2010. Been there, done that. I'll believe it when I see it. These manufactured rumors come down the pipe on avg. twice a month. Something will happen this season, it's just a guess and waste of time to speculate.

Originally Posted by NYKChevy
    and that 6 and 6, thats this season buddy.
    Yeah and Curry is 4 and 2 with 2 TO's in 10mpg...

No GM in the league would ever trade for Curry with an expiring, it's not going to happen. We can't showcase him as he's completely useless and just gets hurt every time he steps out there.

Originally Posted by smokes
    Yeah and Curry is 4 and 2 with 2 TO's in 10mpg...

No GM in the league would ever trade for Curry with an expiring, it's not going to happen. We can't showcase him as he's completely useless and just gets hurt every time he steps out there.
    I agree. What does that have to do with Chandler?

Originally Posted by TR1LL10N
    I'll take him because we need a pure PG but his size and stats are underwhelming. Hopefully he can thrive under Dant's system...anything is better than Du Du.
    Can I make that my sig?