Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24

Thread: Anthony Randolph on trade block...again

  1. #1
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Anthony Randolph on trade block...again

    Could be a great player in D'Antoni's system.

    Should we go after him? Do we have the pieces to get him? What would you give up to get Randolph?

    Warriors’ Randolph on block again

    For two seasons, the Warriors have had an odd time with Anthony Randolph(notes). Sometimes, they’re in love with his sheer athletic ability in that 7-foot frame and considered him untouchable. As a rookie, they dangled him in deals, too. Well, it’s happening again. Several NBA teams say Golden State officials have offered Randolph in trade discussions, but as one Eastern Conference executive said: “I think all of their roster could be had.”

    Says one Western official: “The Warriors are willing to do anything and everything.”

    Randolph is 20 years old and blessed with terrific talent, but his staying power and maturity have frustrated Golden State officials. It appears they’re willing to cash his potential for more mature assets. After destroying the summer league in Vegas, Randolph has averaged 11.1 points in 21.8 minutes per night for the Warriors.


    Even with his patriarch, Keith Smart, substituting for an ill Don Nelson, Randolph’s productivity hasn’t improved. Still, he’s so young, so gifted, it’s a move that would come with a great deal of long-term risk.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  2. #2
    Veteran DontForgetDerekHarper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,262
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    no, no and more no.
    WE do not need any headaches, its obvious Mike D has no patience for nonsense

    I.E Nate robinson.

    Who would he play over ?

    who on our current roster is he actually better than

    he cant shoot

    he can dunk and run thats about it

    im not playing him over chandler, gallo, lee, or harrington, and I wouldnt trade him for any of them either.

    In truth if he is putting up those numbers in Golden state similar system, what makes you think he will thrive in Mike D's any better

    Not interested.

    pass.

  3. #3
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    We can't afford both Lee and Harrington next year. One of them, quite possibly both, will be gone. Is Hill the man to take over next year? Is he ready? I don't know and can't say for certain.

    We still need a Center. He could be a decent option at Center in D'Anotni's system (still needs to add some weight). He's young, cheap and could be part of the future. And of the four players you mentioned, only one of them is a sure lock for the Knicks future.

  4. #4
    Veteran ANU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,068
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    who knows, he could be good lebron insurance if he stays put.

  5. #5
    I got Soul StreetDreams21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Vegas/NY
    Posts
    1,404
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    According to HOOPSWORLD, the whole Warriors roster is on the block.


    Get Anthony Morrow, NOW.

  6. #6
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,464
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Could be a great player in D'Antoni's system.

    Should we go after him? Do we have the pieces to get him? What would you give up to get Randolph?
    unless we get rid of some big men, just let this guy move somewhere else.

  7. #7
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by StreetDreams21
    According to HOOPSWORLD, the whole Warriors roster is on the block.


    Get Anthony Morrow, NOW.
    You're right. It's been confirmed today that GS is willing to trade anyone on their roster.

    Another Warriors source said no one on the roster is off limits, and Yahoo! Sports quoted an anonymous Eastern Conference executive as saying every Warrior "could be had."

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Unfortunately our most valuable talent cannot be traded there. Harrington would never go back, Lee and Nate have trade veto clauses in their contracts and I'm sure Harrington would let them know how bad it is in GS.

    We do have some valuable expiring contracts. Would we be willing to take back a long term contract to get some of their young talent? GS would probably like to move Biedrins contract.

    If we can trade Jeffries for an expiring contract soon, then maybe. If Jeffries can be traded, I would be willing to take Biedrins contract to get either Curry, Morrow or Randolph.

  8. #8
    Sexy Stud knickzrulezH20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,781
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    agreed man, but seriously id love to have randolph. this guy has a ****load of potential, and would really fit in this system. i would trade jordan hill up for him, no lie. the warriors were high on hill draft day so you never know

  9. #9
    Veteran ANU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,068
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    You're right. It's been confirmed today that GS is willing to trade anyone on their roster.



    Unfortunately our most valuable talent cannot be traded there. Harrington would never go back, Lee and Nate have trade veto clauses in their contracts and I'm sure Harrington would let them know how bad it is in GS.

    We do have some valuable expiring contracts. Would we be willing to take back a long term contract to get some of their young talent? GS would probably like to move Biedrins contract.

    If we can trade Jeffries for an expiring contract soon, then maybe. If Jeffries can be traded, I would be willing to take Biedrins contract to get either Curry, Morrow or Randolph.
    don nelson needs to stop drinking.that old man is ridiculous.

    i disagre about lee though.he'd fit right in over there.he can pad the **** out of his stats, hit free agency as a 20 and 10 guy, and some small market team will over pay for him.

  10. #10
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Chandler + Hill for Anthony Randolph and Deavan George (expiring) works.

    I bet GS would defintely do this deal. They were interested in Hill in the draft. And after losing Jackson, they could use Chandler.

    I would much rather have Randolph than Hill. And honestly, we could do without Chandler.

    Randolph could also be another piece to lure Lebron. SF-Gallo, PF-Lebron, C-Randolph looks pretty good. Still don't know what Donnie plans to do about PG and SG but at least one need is filled.

  11. #11
    Veteran ANU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,068
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    i don't think randolph is ready to play the 5.and i'd honestly offer them lee and nate then chandler and hill.

    if i could

    chandler for conley

    harrington for fernandez outlaw

    lee for randolph claxton

    conley/douglas-fernandez-randolph-gallo-hill

    are some nice pieces.
    Last edited by ANU; Dec 18, 2009 at 00:05.

  12. #12
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Wilson Chandler is NOT the answer, stop acting like he is people!

    There are many trade solutions that the Knicks can make with the Warriors!

    The Warriors are raped for cap space because of awful moves, and if they were to not touch anything this season or next they would only have about $10,000,000 coming off the books and that much to spend in the 2010 free agent market. No big free agent is going to Golden State next season, they need to fix their team up in the next few years.

    Warriors are tired of Anthony Randolph and his work ethic, they want to get rid of him because Don Nelson hates him!

    http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/640...ppendonnie.jpg

    Above is the trade.

    Knicks give the Warriors Jared Jeffries (6.4ish this season) and then another 6.4 million next season, great thing about Jareds contract, it comes OFF THE BOOKS after next season. Also give them Wilson Chandler!

    In return the Knicks would get Speedy Claxton (another salary dump move, about $5,500,000 in salary that expires after this season and comes off the books, and Anthony Randolph (a PLAYER THAT WOULD FIT in GREAT with the Knicks system and just the type of hussle that D'Antoni would love). Randolph is not a problem, hes a problem because of Don Nelson's ego!

    Wilson Chandler isn't the answer!

    Sign yourself a nice PG or SG to Complement Lebron in 2010, have Lebron play the Small forward and Gallinari play the PF, Have Randolph play the C position. Get yourself a nice vet backup Center to be a leader and provide minutes off the bench.

    Warriors get a nice player like Chandler that would fit in their system, a hussle player that would also be good in Golden State like Jeffries whos salary comes off the books in 2011, then they can build from there with Chandler and whoever else they have left when the dust settles. Would better both teams. Plus Don Nelson can get rid of Randolph because he hates him.

    If it fails, get a 3rd team involved and add more pieces! Make it happen Donnie.

  13. #13
    Sexy Stud knickzrulezH20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,781
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by calzonesays
    Wilson Chandler is NOT the answer, stop acting like he is people!

    There are many trade solutions that the Knicks can make with the Warriors!

    The Warriors are raped for cap space because of awful moves, and if they were to not touch anything this season or next they would only have about $10,000,000 coming off the books and that much to spend in the 2010 free agent market. No big free agent is going to Golden State next season, they need to fix their team up in the next few years.

    Warriors are tired of Anthony Randolph and his work ethic, they want to get rid of him because Don Nelson hates him!

    http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/640...ppendonnie.jpg

    Above is the trade.

    Knicks give the Warriors Jared Jeffries (6.4ish this season) and then another 6.4 million next season, great thing about Jareds contract, it comes OFF THE BOOKS after next season. Also give them Wilson Chandler!

    In return the Knicks would get Speedy Claxton (another salary dump move, about $5,500,000 in salary that expires after this season and comes off the books, and Anthony Randolph (a PLAYER THAT WOULD FIT in GREAT with the Knicks system and just the type of hussle that D'Antoni would love). Randolph is not a problem, hes a problem because of Don Nelson's ego!

    Wilson Chandler isn't the answer!

    Sign yourself a nice PG or SG to Complement Lebron in 2010, have Lebron play the Small forward and Gallinari play the PF, Have Randolph play the C position. Get yourself a nice vet backup Center to be a leader and provide minutes off the bench.

    Warriors get a nice player like Chandler that would fit in their system, a hussle player that would also be good in Golden State like Jeffries whos salary comes off the books in 2011, then they can build from there with Chandler and whoever else they have left when the dust settles. Would better both teams. Plus Don Nelson can get rid of Randolph because he hates him.

    If it fails, get a 3rd team involved and add more pieces! Make it happen Donnie.

    ur saying jeffries nd chandler for claxton and randolph. as stupid as the warriors management is they know thats a bad deal. now if we include jordan hill in the deal...maybe theyd bite

  14. #14
    Veteran TunerAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,183
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    watching this cat Randolph play right now...

    he is the DUMBEST mother****er i've ever seen...seriously man....I know like 7 yr olds that know basketball better then this kid

  15. #15
    Huge Member smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,226
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Just read on realgm that his agent is looking for a 5 year 60 mil deal.... LOL.

    This kinda stuff is just getting out of hand. Even Lee is not worth that kind of deal IMO with the decline of the cap, and Lee is a proven offensive PF, Randolph has potential but he's not proving and he's slumping right now so how his agent is throwing around these kind of numbers I don't know.

    It's stupid the amount of money agents are expecting these days, greedy mofos...

Similar Threads

  1. 2009 Draft Fantasy GM Game
    By jpz17 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 113
    Last Post: Jul 05, 2009, 09:43
  2. Trade Watch: Top big men on the block
    By _______√ictory_______ in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Jan 29, 2009, 22:26
  3. Isn't funny how...
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Nov 22, 2008, 16:05
  4. Should we keep Zach now?
    By LJ4ptplay in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: Nov 18, 2008, 12:34
  5. analysing the randolph trade
    By theknicks3 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: Nov 30, 2007, 07:44

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •