Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bullies vs Knick: Gameday Thread

Originally Posted by TunerAddict
    Are you crazy? Not the players fault?

They took 40-something threes. They played lazy. It is equally their fault.
    Everyone is to blame.... none of them care. The moment anyone associated with NY even utters the "P" word (playoffs).... it's guaranteed a 5-7 game losing streak ensues.

D-Gallo takes 17 shots tonight.... 15 of them from 3. That's a disgrace. I would bench him for a week for being that lazy. This isn't practice. I have to watch airball after airball. Take it to the rim.

Just b/c he finds his touch and hits a few, means squat- game is already slipping away in those moments.... Which is why he rarely hits these shots in the 4th.

Originally Posted by mafra
    Everyone is to blame.... none of them care. The moment anyone associated with NY even utters the "P" word (playoffs).... it's guaranteed a 5-7 game losing streak ensues.

D-Gallo takes 17 shots tonight.... 15 of them from 3. That's a disgrace. I would bench him for a week for being that lazy. This isn't practice. I have to watch airball after airball. Take it to the rim.

Just b/c he finds his touch and hits a few, means squat- game is already slipping away in those moments.... Which is why he rarely hits these shots in the 4th.

You make no sense.

Taking 15 3s is a disgrace? What about Duhon's 3s? Harrington's?

Where is your criticism of them? Gallo shot at a better clip then either of them. Seriously, you're just hating to hate.

Shooting a three isn't lazy unless you're opting to do it because you're tired and don't want to work. Taking an open shot is never lazy unless you're passing up a better one.

And he hits in the 4th a lot. Try watching games. He isn't Nate Robinson, the guy who played one good 4th quarter his entire career.

0-2 against below .500 teams WITHOUT Nate.... Yeah, somebody make another thread titled "We're Better w/out Nate...." This coach of us is fvckin stupid! He's basically alienating fvckin Nate instead of bringin THE TEAM TOGETHER. Play Nate!

Are you crazy? Not the players fault?

They took 40-something threes. They played lazy. It is equally their fault.
    If not more so.... Taking 3s and chucking 3s are 2 different things. Being a PG and being Chris ****ing Duhon are also 2 separate things.

The guy is a lesbian. Don't pass to Gallo, either shoot or pick & roll or pass not for creativity but for setting up a play.

Does anyone know voodoo?

You make no sense.

Taking 15 3s is a disgrace? What about Duhon's 3s? Harrington's?

Where is your criticism of them? Gallo shot at a better clip then either of them. Seriously, you're just hating to hate.

Shooting a three isn't lazy unless you're opting to do it because you're tired and don't want to work. Taking an open shot is never lazy unless you're passing up a better one.

And he hits in the 4th a lot. Try watching games. He isn't Nate Robinson, the guy who played one good 4th quarter his entire career.
    Didn't he miss a few last second shots against CHA in that first game? Pinch me the moment Gallo hits a buzzer beater for the win.

I expect something out of Gallo.... To heck with Duhon and the rest.... I just want Gallo to improve his game, not just settle for doing what he already does well. NOW is the time to work on things.... SO, do not simply settle for the 35-foot chuck.

That's it.... Honestly, do you get the sense Gallo is improving? Or taking 2 steps back every time he takes 1 fwd?

Didn't he miss a few last second shots against CHA in that first game? Pinch me the moment Gallo hits a buzzer beater for the win.

I expect something out of Gallo.... To heck with Duhon and the rest.... I just want Gallo to improve his game, not just settle for doing what he already does well. NOW is the time to work on things.... SO, do not simply settle for the 35-foot chuck.

That's it.... Honestly, do you get the sense Gallo is improving? Or taking 2 steps back every time he takes 1 fwd?
    Lol you crazy. Isn't that first Charlotte game also the one he kept us in with the crazy clutch baskets down the stretch?

He is like 0-1 on game winners. Oh, I'm supposed to hate on him for that?

Next you'll be arguing that Jamal Crawford was clutch...

Seriously, the league leaders in clutchness are under 50% on game winners.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

mafra, bench Gallo for a week?
    How about we bench you for a year from Knicksonline.com, that was a god awful post.

How the **** can this team win without Gallo? We have no 3pt shooters except him, who is one of the best in the NBA right now.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by New New York
    Mike Dantoni has to take credit for this loss! Benching Nate doesnt seem so smart now does it?

He Plays basically six players in the first game of a back to back!

His pride in not playing Nate really cost us the game, worst yet is that he will not admit it and if Hughes is out tommorow look for the same six players to get blown out from being fatigued!

Not saying that Nate for sure gets the win for us, but we were clearly tired out there tonight and Dantoni did not put his best team out there to play.

Again not the players fault this go around, time for someone on the coaching staff to step up and tell Mike he needs to play Nate.
    No.
    No.
    No.
    NO.

Nate does not equal winning.

Get that clear.

Okay?

Nate does NOT equal winning.
    Never has, never will.

Your post explains nothing...you really think Nate would save the Knicks from chucking more stupid shots, playing poor defense, turnoveprone???

Seriously.

im already pissed at how the knicks blow another game, and then i come here and have to read some more nonsensical rants from kiya and others complaining about gallo. d'ant deserves some blame for putting eddy curry in the game when the knicks were hot. why the **** was he put in there? if you wanna put him in, wait till the knicks finish off that hot streak. to make matters worse curry let 2 open three pointers go on, and did basically nothing on offense even though we force fed him the ball. i really hope that john bender magically is decent, just so he can replace curry. ive lost hope for trading eddy curry.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    mafra, bench Gallo for a week?
    How about we bench you for a year from Knicksonline.com, that was a god awful post.

How the **** can this team win without Gallo? We have no 3pt shooters except him, who is one of the best in the NBA right now.
    I'm just pissed. Gallo entered game with a 17 point lead and missed a bunch of shots and then CHI has the lead.

He's fine. I just wanted him to be more than what he is. I have to remember it's going to take some time for him. He aint Carmelo Anthony or Kevin Durant. I should lower my expectations.

Veteran

This game shows how much a moron D'antoni is. He's playing without Hughes and he doesn't sub in N8, no he goes with a veritable 6 man rotation where he has 4 guys playing over 40 mins. I guess that was the game plan, have the guys shoot 50 3s so they're won't get as tired so they're able to play 40+ mins. Also, I hope D'antoni takes note of how the Bulls pulled away in the 4th qtr by making layups, dunks and FTs.

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    This game shows how much a moron D'antoni is. He's playing without Hughes and he doesn't sub in N8, no he goes with a veritable 6 man rotation where he has 4 guys playing over 40 mins. I guess that was the game plan, have the guys shoot 50 3s so they're won't get as tired so they're able to play 40+ mins. Also, I hope D'antoni takes note of how the Bulls pulled away in the 4th qtr by making layups, dunks and FTs.
    I like this part of the post very much.

I'm just pissed. Gallo entered game with a 17 point lead and missed a bunch of shots and then CHI has the lead.

He's fine. I just wanted him to be more than what he is. I have to remember it's going to take some time for him. He aint Carmelo Anthony or Kevin Durant. I should lower my expectations.
    lol u cant expect gallo to be that good in essentlially is rookie season. plus he has the worst starting pg on his team. seriously guys pray we get augustin or some decent pg. then gallo will shine

Veteran

Originally Posted by knickzrulezH20
    im already pissed at how the knicks blow another game, and then i come here and have to read some more nonsensical rants from kiya and others complaining about gallo. d'ant deserves some blame for putting eddy curry in the game when the knicks were hot. why the **** was he put in there? if you wanna put him in, wait till the knicks finish off that hot streak. to make matters worse curry let 2 open three pointers go on, and did basically nothing on offense even though we force fed him the ball. i really hope that john bender magically is decent, just so he can replace curry. ive lost hope for trading eddy curry.
    The Knicks need a post player bad. If Curry can't do it bring in Bender or Darko, shooting 47 3s is going to lose you 2 out of 3 games without fail.

It is very simple really... The knicks don't have good players. So what do teams with bad players need to do to win? They need to rely on their coaches to come up with a superior strategy to outsmart and outplay the other team... But our coaches do the opposite and let everyone chuck a three when they have 1 cm of space.

No player is to blame in this case because it is the job of the players to execute the gameplan of the coach, and if the coach is telling them to execute a horribly inefficient strategy (chuck 3's), then it is obvious that the players will not be able to score or play effectively.

What we needed was our coach to realize our situation when we were up in the start, and execute a proper strategy. Instead, he destroys the great rhythm that we had going and puts the Burger King into the game.

He continues to make errors throughout this entire game. Putting in Douglas into the game, instead of the other options, who is continually showing us that he is nothing but a rookie who makes rookie mistakes. There are times where it can be effective to put in your crap players. It just takes a good strategist to realize how to utilize their players.

Now, I see why Coach D wanted to put in Curry at the end of the 1st. We had a solid lead and he wanted to use Curry to get us easy buckets. Problem is Curry keeps taking these jump hooks which take a good amount of execution skill. Coaches should realize this and tell him that he is only allowed to get easy buckets either a dunk or layup. Once he gains a little more momentum, then coaches should allow him free reign to take whatever shot he wants.

These are just simple things that the coaches are not telling their team. Once we have a lead it should be purely drives and kick outs. I instead of bringing in curry. I say just use harrington who has a great ability to get fouled when going to the rim. Then he will either score or kick it out for a three.

I mean, cmon now... Don't be naiive... This loss and MANY of our losses are due strictly to bad coaching.