Knicks Could Send Jordan Hill To D-League

LJ4ptplay

Starter
The 8th pick in the draft to the D-League. That's ridiculous. Are there any 1st round picks in the D-League? I think everybody in the 1st round is producing more than Hill. Nice going Donnie.

Knicks Could Send Jordan Hill To D-League

Dec 17, 2009 7:52 PM EST

Al Harrington, Larry Hughes and David Lee are all in the last year of their respective contracts with the Knicks and may not be back with the team next season. But Mike D'Antoni believes he owes it to those players, the organization and the fans to make a serious push for the playoff spot.

"I just don't know how losing helps anybody anywhere at any time," he said.

If rookie Jordan Hill continues to sit, D'Antoni won't rule out sending him to the D-League for a few weeks of live competition.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/63474/20091217/knicks_could_send_jordan_hill_to_d_league/

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
I don't care.
He's going to be a bust.
Quote me on this.
Jordan Hill = bust forever.

i was one of the ppl sayin that on draft day, and i kno you were to. its sad, we needed a pg and we draft hill. johnathon bender looks better than him...smh donnie

i still remember some1 on the forum callin hill a more athletic etan thomas, how right they were

ANU

Starter
i really don't know what to make of this.i just want to see some of these players dealt.gtfo.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
jeffries (6.5 mil for 2 years)
chandler (rookie contract)
hill (rookie contract)
to the warriors for

anthony randolph (2 years on a rookie contract)
speedy claxton (5.5 mil expiring)
devean george (1.8 mill expiring)

it worked on the espn trade machine, you think golden state would do this? and would you guys be willing to do this?

Paul1355

All Star
Hill should be playing for Jared jeffries...the fact that he is being benched while Jeffries logs in 40 minutes a game is ridiculous.

CoolClyde

Duh League

for sure, send him to the D-League, if he's not good enough to play in the NBA, he may as well get some run against almost-ready NBA players.

Just goes to show how lame our #8 pick was this year,
and how lame No-D'Antoni is for not playing him. SMFH

mafra

Legend
I was so pissed off when GSW drafted S-Curry.... I was SO HOPING for Curry-Gallo combo complimenting Lebron James.

Anyway, my only thought after I heard his name called by GSW, and knew the Knicks were now on the clock, went something like this:

PLEASE GOD, ANYONE BY JORDAN HILL!

I just kept repeating that mantra....

I wasn't pumped about Gerald Henderson or Terrence Williams, I was told Brandon Jennings was too immature, and I thought it was too high for Ty Lawson....

STILL, I wanted ANYONE but Hill... I threw up a little in my mouth when Stern read the name: JORDAN HILL!

I guess it's the Isaiah Thomas infection still festering (or should we call it like it really is- our owner DOLAN is a freakin' moron).... He hires D-Walsh but wont allow him to completely rid the place of IT, even compels him to keep him around in some capacity along with some of his people (including scouts).

Not only does IT hurt us in 2010 draft, but he hurt is in last year's draft.... Walsh deserves the blame, but those weren't his scouts.... They were the ones who should have pushed B-Jennings.

ANYWAY..... Back to Jordan HIll. I do think he has the game to fit in D'ant's offense. He has a nice jumper and some offensive moves. He's certainly a work in progress though (will take 2 years).

He's much better than I thought. Not to say this is good.... But let's be honest.... what choice did we really have? Take the second best big in the draft or gamble on a risky bet on the #6 PG?

Jennings is really small and I wonder if he'll hold up? Lawson is decent, but who knows what either will be in 3 years compared to Hill. It happens.

As for Hill. D'ant must play Jeffries and Curry b/c we need to trade them more than developing Hill.

It's like in college. Sometimes a freshman arrives and sits and bides his time until he gets his chance. Hill will learn more banging with the boys in practice anyway.

I'm positive he'll be fine. We knew he wasn't going to contribute this year anyway. Let's reserve judegemnt on him for now.

Dude is big and has athleticism and a nice touch.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Hill's biggest problem is a lack of playing time!

Mike Dantoni stated recently that Hill needs to "develop a feel for the game", well he wont do that by sitting on the bench.

I remember his first Summer League game thinking how bad and out of sync he looked, by the 4th game he looked to be more in sync and was showing flashes of what he could be

I wouldnt write this kid off just yet, he looked as lost his freshman season at Arizona as he does now

But he needs to play to develop, the other big issue is that Mike Dantoni is content with him just shooting jumpers and he is capable of becoming more than that if his skills are honed correctly

Hill has a strong work ethic and I will take that over natural talent -think Eddy Curry- any day.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Gah.

Don't write this dude off within 2 months of the season.

Didn't coach say the same thing about Gallo last year?

The only reason we are like this is because we have a cluster**** on our hands at the forward positions.

We need to rid ourselves of two of our forwards and Nate...and get a guard in return. If that happens, Hill can get more playing time.

Giants89FLY

Rotation player
How can people call him a bust when he hasnt had any significant playing time whatsoever... Let the kid develop then "Label" him...

New New York

Quiet Storm
How can people call him a bust when he hasnt had any significant playing time whatsoever... Let the kid develop then "Label" him...

Right on!

we're not even 30 games into the season yet! Andrew Bynum went to the D-League and developed, Hill could do the same.....and yes I am well aware the Bynum was a Highschool player when he went, but he actually had played more ball at this point than Hill has.

Again Hill will likely not make any sort of impact this season, but I think like Gallo and Wilson he will have a strong second season.

Look the kid picked up a basketball in the 9th grade and by his senior year had earned the right to play at a major college basketball program in The University of Arizona, that says a lot to me about his potential

Paul1355

All Star
I dont get it...Bender is good enough to get minutes while this guy can't even sniff garbage time?
Bender only got playing time because he is a veteran. Jordan Hill and Douglas should get more paying time but Mike D honestly feels that the rookies need time to "develop" and learn the ropes.
The only problem with that philosophy is that it has cost us games this year with Duhon's poor play and Jeffries/Lee stinking up the Center position with no defense.

TunerAddict

Starter
Bender only got playing time because he is a veteran. Jordan Hill and Douglas should get more paying time but Mike D honestly feels that the rookies need time to "develop" and learn the ropes.
The only problem with that philosophy is that it has cost us games this year with Duhon's poor play and Jeffries/Lee stinking up the Center position with no defense.

Hasn't cost us shit man...

Neither of the two rookies are ready to play consistent minutes yet. They're still learning and its apparent whenever they get the time.

D'antoni and Walsh are trying to showcase Jefferies right now, hopefully they will get him and Nate traded soon. There are a couple of deals out there that can possibly happen

Knicks trade
Jared Jefferies
Nate Robinson
Jordan Hill

for

Bucks
Luke Ridinour
Kurt Thomas
Joe Alexander

All the Bucks have expiring deals

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
D'antoni and Walsh are trying to showcase Jefferies right now, hopefully they will get him and Nate traded soon. There are a couple of deals out there that can possibly happen

Knicks trade
Jared Jefferies
Nate Robinson
Jordan Hill

for

Bucks
Luke Ridinour
Kurt Thomas
Joe Alexander

All the Bucks have expiring deals

Kurt Thomas back as a Knick....hmmm.

Makes me wonder, it certain things did not happen last season, and that works, we would have a Marbury/KT tandem again. And I believe Marbury made Thomas a lot better too.

But I'm not willing to trade Hill...yet. I want him to develop more first.

Kiyaman

Legend

Bender is a veteran that has not played NBA B-Ball in how many YEARS?

Bender being signed this week is supposed to know more about our 6 rotation of players than the guys who been working out with them since training-camp....Darko, Hill, and Curry.

Bender was drafted high b/c he was a 7" athletic SF/PF.....sounds familiar....add early injury, and u got another Gallo.....30 minutes and 4 rebounds from another bigman.

As far as developing young players and motivating players.....Dantoni coaching staff failed big time.