Thread: Fly On The Wall

Nba Logo Fly On The Wall

How would you like to be a fly on the wall at this congregation of Hoop stars?

You've said that you, LeBron James and Chris Bosh will have a dinner at the end of the season and talk free agency. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]; we're all boys. I decided with LeBron to sign this deal to give ourselves the flexibility in the three years. So we're going to sit down again and talk about it." [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. But you never know. I don't know. I'm not going say anything about those guys not being happy with their organizations because they all might be. You never know. You just have to wait and see. That's what keeps everybody into it. Because it's entertaining, it's the factor of the unknown. Who knows what's going to happen? And that's what we all want to see." [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. If you'd asked me this when I was (growing up) in Robbins (Ill.), I wouldn't have thought I'd be in this position. So, to me it's not necessarily about the dollars and cents. It's about winning and making sure every year I can compete (for a title), and as long as I'll be giving my best to the organization, they're doing the same for me. Hopefully, we can have more (championship) parades as I play this game." So is that a "yes" or a "no" on taking less money? Wade: "(laughs) That's the answer I just gave." [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

what scares me about this whole situation is, these guys see what the perennial favorites look like.the lakers and celtics are loaded with all stars.not bosh, nor bron, or wade are playing with all stars right now.i can see those three guys going to Miami because of that.

if that **** happens, it could be a whole'nother decade before we're even competing.this **** could open up a new can of worms that that genius stern wouldn't do **** about.

Originally Posted by ANU
    what scares me about this whole situation is, these guys see what the perennial favorites look like.the lakers and celtics are loaded with all stars.not bosh, nor bron, or wade are playing with all stars right now.i can see those three guys going to Miami because of that.

if that **** happens, it could be a whole'nother decade before we're even competing.this **** could open up a new can of worms that that genius stern wouldn't do **** about.
    Why not going to the Knicks ? I mean do you think LeBron would enjoy going to Dwade's team ? If I were Lebron I would prefere a neutral team like NY were you don't feel everyday that it was the team of your friend next to you and that you are the new guy. I would want everyone to be new to the team.
    Plus wade is a Nike product this year ... do you think it could help join Bronbron to the Knicks ???

Damn this summer 2010 will decide of our next 10 years of Bball. It's scaring.
    Last edited by Starks_boy; Dec 17, 2009 at 14:14.

Originally Posted by Starks_boy
    Why not going to the Knicks ? I mean do you think LeBron would enjoy going to Dwade's team ? If I were Lebron I would prefere a neutral team like NY were you don't feel everyday that it was the team of your friend next to you and that you are the new guy. I would want everyone to be new to the team.
    Plus wade is a Nike product this year ... do you think it could help join Bronbron to the Knicks ???

Damn this summer 2010 will decide of our next 10 years of Bball. It's scaring.
    CAPSPACE.miami will have over 25 mill in capspace WITH wade on the books.

Originally Posted by ANU
    CAPSPACE.miami will have over 25 mill in capspace WITH wade on the books.
    $25m with Wade? That's not right is it?

Originally Posted by Crazy8s
    $25m with Wade? That's not right is it?
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

hoopshype counts his player option for next year.

again

I'm affraid you are right

But I can't see LeBron in Miami. No really I can't.
    It's Cavs or Knicks.

Originally Posted by ANU

hoopshype counts his player option for next year.

again

Hoopshype doesen't count the team options tho. That means:

WADE 17.149.243 +
    BEASLEY 4.962.240 +
    COOK 2.169.856 =
    24.281339 for three players.

Depending on the cap 50-54 mill they will have between 25.7 mill and 30 mill to fill out their rooster. Now if Lebron decide to leave Cleveland will comand 30% of the cap or 15-16.3 mill. That will leave Miami with 10.7-14.3 mill to sign to sign at least 8 more players for a league minimum of 12 players.

Keep in mind I did not included in these numbers their team option on Chalmers (847.000 K) and their first round pick wich could be an additional 1-2 mill depending where they pick. Since the league minimum salary is about 500k they can get players to fill the rooster but for 500k to 1mill you only get undrafted players or NBDLA that try to make it to NBA. At best that team could have Wade, Lebron, Beasley, Chalmers and 8 scubs. They will get beat night in night out.

So can they fill out the rooster after signing Lebron? In theory yes but the reality they have the same chance at it as we have at signing 2 free max agents and have a competitive team.