Results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: David Lee for Anthony Randolph?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    50
    Rep Power
    0

    Default David Lee for Anthony Randolph?

    Would you guys do this deal, straight up? It's probably the best value GS would get for Randolph with all these trade talks. I'm not sure if I would do this to be honest, Randolph has incredible potential but D Lee is the perfect center in Mike D's offense. What would be more attractive for LeBron, running the pick and roll with Lee or a young stud like Randolph?

  2. #2
    Member NY_Swagger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Harlem
    Posts
    120
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    We should definitely be in talks with GS. That isn't a bad trade but rather trade:
    Nate and Jeffries or Chandler for Randolph and Moore or Watson (both expiring contracts).

    Chandler's stock maybe getting higher now than what it was in the beginning of the season. I just dont trust his instincts, handle, and play down the stretch.

  3. #3
    Veteran ANU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,068
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by SgtOrange
    Would you guys do this deal, straight up? It's probably the best value GS would get for Randolph with all these trade talks. I'm not sure if I would do this to be honest, Randolph has incredible potential but D Lee is the perfect center in Mike D's offense. What would be more attractive for LeBron, running the pick and roll with Lee or a young stud like Randolph?
    hell yes.but i think chandler and or nate will have to be included.though, I'd still be down with it.as long as we see no part of maggette its all good.
    Originally Posted by NY_Swagger
    We should definitely be in talks with GS. That isn't a bad trade but rather trade:
    Nate and Jeffries or Chandler for Randolph and Moore or Watson (both expiring contracts).

    Chandler's stock maybe getting higher now than what it was in the beginning of the season. I just dont trust his instincts, handle, and play down the stretch.
    we would all rather have that deal bro, but its probably not gonna happen.


    though if it looks like lebron is headed our way, we will have to move randolph if lebron is going to be our sf and gallo our future four.i'd say randolph and hill could get us that 1 guy i want this team to get

    bout the only way we're gonna get that "other" superstar this year if that's what people expect will bring lebron here.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    50
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Randolph has had his most success playing C for GS, so he could fit in with LeBron and Gallo. Randolph needs to add strength but he is already a very good shot blocker. If we could somehow get Morrow too as part of a deal that would be awesome.

  5. #5
    Veteran ANU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,068
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    i don't watch the warriors so i can't really say, but as slight as he is, it would be a disservice to the kids career to play him at the 5.he's way to thin.i read somwhere that don nelson was actually trying to make him a center.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  6. #6
    Sexy Stud knickzrulezH20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,781
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    lee has the ability to veto a trade, i doubt he'd want to leave nyc to go to a poor man's version of the knicks in golden state. nd if we trade lee for randolph(and another contract to make it add up right) str8 up we basically are ****ting on our 2009 playoff hopes. so tht move wud be 2 develop randolph into somethin scary for the future, i rahter use chanlder and hill as trade baits

  7. #7
    Huge Member smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,227
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Originally Posted by ANU
    hell yes.but i think chandler and or nate will have to be included.though, I'd still be down with it.as long as we see no part of maggette its all good.

    we would all rather have that deal bro, but its probably not gonna happen.


    though if it looks like lebron is headed our way, we will have to move randolph if lebron is going to be our sf and gallo our future four.i'd say randolph and hill could get us that 1 guy i want this team to get

    bout the only way we're gonna get that "other" superstar this year if that's what people expect will bring lebron here.
    To be honest Gallo can even hold down the 2 spot ok as he has shown in recent games. We have regularly had:

    Duhon
    Gallo
    Harrington
    Jefferies
    Lee/Bender

    Obviously quick guards would light him up a bit but our defensive focus is much more on team defense than one-on-one and Gallo doesn't seem to get fazed by people scoring on him.

    The 2 spot also allows him easy looks when shooting since hes almost half a foot taller than most 2 guards.

  8. #8
    Superstar richtree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Dirty Jersey
    Posts
    513
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by smokes
    To be honest Gallo can even hold down the 2 spot ok as he has shown in recent games. We have regularly had:

    Duhon
    Gallo
    Harrington
    Jefferies
    Lee/Bender

    Obviously quick guards would light him up a bit but our defensive focus is much more on team defense than one-on-one and Gallo doesn't seem to get fazed by people scoring on him.

    The 2 spot also allows him easy looks when shooting since hes almost half a foot taller than most 2 guards.
    Yeah, but on DEFENSE Jefferies defends the 2 guard or PG and duhon would guard the 2.

    Defensively, our problems lie on the interior. Also, Duhan has finally been rebounding and mixing it up on the defensive glass. That really help late in the game.

  9. #9
    Veteran ANU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,068
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by smokes
    To be honest Gallo can even hold down the 2 spot ok as he has shown in recent games. We have regularly had:

    Duhon
    Gallo
    Harrington
    Jefferies
    Lee/Bender

    Obviously quick guards would light him up a bit but our defensive focus is much more on team defense than one-on-one and Gallo doesn't seem to get fazed by people scoring on him.

    The 2 spot also allows him easy looks when shooting since hes almost half a foot taller than most 2 guards.
    but i think we have to couple what he can do offensively with what he can't do defensively.i think gallo will be at his best at four because of his offensive repertoire, bringing bigs outside of the paint, and because he won't get beaten of the dribble by the usual athletic freaks at the 2 and 3.

Similar Threads

  1. Analysis on David Lee
    By Blas in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: Jan 16, 2009, 11:05
  2. Replies: 83
    Last Post: Oct 28, 2008, 15:31
  3. Zach Randolph putback dunk vs Heat
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: Jan 25, 2008, 13:22
  4. ESPN ANALYSIS: START DAVID LEE and NATE
    By CoolClyde in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: Jan 15, 2008, 12:18
  5. David Lee New Dimension
    By Kiyaman in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: Oct 15, 2007, 13:21

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •