Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: David Lee for Anthony Randolph?

Default David Lee for Anthony Randolph?

Would you guys do this deal, straight up? It's probably the best value GS would get for Randolph with all these trade talks. I'm not sure if I would do this to be honest, Randolph has incredible potential but D Lee is the perfect center in Mike D's offense. What would be more attractive for LeBron, running the pick and roll with Lee or a young stud like Randolph?

We should definitely be in talks with GS. That isn't a bad trade but rather trade:
    Nate and Jeffries or Chandler for Randolph and Moore or Watson (both expiring contracts).

Chandler's stock maybe getting higher now than what it was in the beginning of the season. I just dont trust his instincts, handle, and play down the stretch.

Originally Posted by SgtOrange
    Would you guys do this deal, straight up? It's probably the best value GS would get for Randolph with all these trade talks. I'm not sure if I would do this to be honest, Randolph has incredible potential but D Lee is the perfect center in Mike D's offense. What would be more attractive for LeBron, running the pick and roll with Lee or a young stud like Randolph?
    hell yes.but i think chandler and or nate will have to be included.though, I'd still be down with it.as long as we see no part of maggette its all good.
    Originally Posted by NY_Swagger
    We should definitely be in talks with GS. That isn't a bad trade but rather trade:
    Nate and Jeffries or Chandler for Randolph and Moore or Watson (both expiring contracts).

Chandler's stock maybe getting higher now than what it was in the beginning of the season. I just dont trust his instincts, handle, and play down the stretch.
    we would all rather have that deal bro, but its probably not gonna happen.

though if it looks like lebron is headed our way, we will have to move randolph if lebron is going to be our sf and gallo our future four.i'd say randolph and hill could get us that 1 guy i want this team to get

bout the only way we're gonna get that "other" superstar this year if that's what people expect will bring lebron here.

Randolph has had his most success playing C for GS, so he could fit in with LeBron and Gallo. Randolph needs to add strength but he is already a very good shot blocker. If we could somehow get Morrow too as part of a deal that would be awesome.

i don't watch the warriors so i can't really say, but as slight as he is, it would be a disservice to the kids career to play him at the 5.he's way to thin.i read somwhere that don nelson was actually trying to make him a center.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

lee has the ability to veto a trade, i doubt he'd want to leave nyc to go to a poor man's version of the knicks in golden state. nd if we trade lee for randolph(and another contract to make it add up right) str8 up we basically are ****ting on our 2009 playoff hopes. so tht move wud be 2 develop randolph into somethin scary for the future, i rahter use chanlder and hill as trade baits

Originally Posted by knickzrulezH20
    lee has the ability to veto a trade, i doubt he'd want to leave nyc to go to a poor man's version of the knicks in golden state. nd if we trade lee for randolph(and another contract to make it add up right) str8 up we basically are ****ting on our 2009 playoff hopes. so tht move wud be 2 develop randolph into somethin scary for the future, i rahter use chanlder and hill as trade baits
    No way do I include Jordan Hill for Randolph or any deal. This kid Hill has game wait and see, he should be a keeper for the next 10 seasons as a Knick. To answer the main thread question, the way Lee is playing this season there is no way we can afford him next season. He is playing great and if we could get younger, more athletic and someone with a much lower salary I'm all for it.

yeah playoffs would be good.who the **** doesn't want to see us get blown the **** out by the celtics?I've said before, lee would be a 20 and 10 guy over there and that would be a plus for him to get his money.he knows that.he wants to come back here next year? maybe he'll get signed on again after this season. its all about acquiring as many assets as possible.
    Last edited by ANU; Dec 21, 2009 at 16:48.

Originally Posted by ANU
    hell yes.but i think chandler and or nate will have to be included.though, I'd still be down with it.as long as we see no part of maggette its all good.

we would all rather have that deal bro, but its probably not gonna happen.

though if it looks like lebron is headed our way, we will have to move randolph if lebron is going to be our sf and gallo our future four.i'd say randolph and hill could get us that 1 guy i want this team to get

bout the only way we're gonna get that "other" superstar this year if that's what people expect will bring lebron here.
    To be honest Gallo can even hold down the 2 spot ok as he has shown in recent games. We have regularly had:

Duhon
    Gallo
    Harrington
    Jefferies
    Lee/Bender

Obviously quick guards would light him up a bit but our defensive focus is much more on team defense than one-on-one and Gallo doesn't seem to get fazed by people scoring on him.

The 2 spot also allows him easy looks when shooting since hes almost half a foot taller than most 2 guards.

Originally Posted by smokes
    To be honest Gallo can even hold down the 2 spot ok as he has shown in recent games. We have regularly had:

Duhon
    Gallo
    Harrington
    Jefferies
    Lee/Bender

Obviously quick guards would light him up a bit but our defensive focus is much more on team defense than one-on-one and Gallo doesn't seem to get fazed by people scoring on him.

The 2 spot also allows him easy looks when shooting since hes almost half a foot taller than most 2 guards.
    Yeah, but on DEFENSE Jefferies defends the 2 guard or PG and duhon would guard the 2.

Defensively, our problems lie on the interior. Also, Duhan has finally been rebounding and mixing it up on the defensive glass. That really help late in the game.

Originally Posted by smokes

Duhon
    Gallo
    Harrington
    Jefferies
    Lee/Bender

but i think we have to couple what he can do offensively with what he can't do defensively.i think gallo will be at his best at four because of his offensive repertoire, bringing bigs outside of the paint, and because he won't get beaten of the dribble by the usual athletic freaks at the 2 and 3.

Yeah, I noticed D'Antoni has been giving Gallo a lot of minutes at SG too. Latest rumor is GS won't give Randolph to us for anything other than Gallinari...and there's no way that's happening.

Yeah, I noticed D'Antoni has been giving Gallo a lot of minutes at SG too. Latest rumor is GS won't give Randolph to us for anything other than Gallinari...and there's no way that's happening.
    even if they offered to take eddy curry,jared jeffries,nate robinson and chris duhorribule and gave us expiring contracts,monta ellis, anthony randolph, anthony morrow and stephon curry if we included gallo i would tell them to go **** themselves. now if gallo eva got traded for anthony randolph str8 up i can promise you donnie walsh wont live to see the next day

Originally Posted by knickzrulezH20
    even if they offered to take eddy curry,jared jeffries,nate robinson and chris duhorribule and gave us expiring contracts,monta ellis, anthony randolph, anthony morrow and stephon curry if we included gallo i would tell them to go **** themselves. now if gallo eva got traded for anthony randolph str8 up i can promise you donnie walsh wont live to see the next day
    Yeah that's what I was saying, that would never happen. Walsh would be trading the 6th overall pick for the 14th, after one season.

Yeah that's what I was saying, that would never happen. Walsh would be trading the 6th overall pick for the 14th, after one season.

lol i was just addin furthur emphasis. i have such high hopes for the big ****, i think id cry if we traded him lmao