Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Official Chris Duhon Appreciation Thread

Default Obessions Much?

OK so it is one thing to think that Duhon is one of, if not the worst starting PG's in the NBA -which every Knick fans knows he is- but some of you are just obessing over this fact a little too much!

Look if Chris Duhon was still on the books next season, I would hate the Hell out of this Dude! But he is gone after this season, just like Darko and Hughes so who whats the big deal?

Yes we would be better with an better PG, we would also be better with a true shot blocking Center, and a better SG.

He is probably as good a PG as Hughes is a SG, but people are not obessing over it the same, Why?

Let me sit you guys on the couch and dissect your thinking

Could it be that the Knicks managment gave him the keys to the offense when he clearly is not ready to run an offense full-time.....NO that can't be it because most Knick fans will recognize that Knicks Managment spent the whole off season trying to upgrade the PG positon, plus how can you blame the actual player for the bad choice made by the coach and managment?

Could it be Duhon's bad attitude and work ethic....No, say what you want about his abilities he is a humble player, who wouldve welcomed an upgrade at the position this off season. Him not just quitting after his shooting slump to start the season tells you about his work ethic.

Could it be that there is still a lot of heart broken Marbuary fans who view Duhon as the reason why their favorite player is no longer around?......Hmmm, I think I got it!

Next therapy session I will give you my professional opinion on how to come to grips with your issue!

Originally Posted by SLY1984
    lol, funny post.

It's funny how Duhon hates Gallo, considering how much he loves ****...
    LMAOOOOOOO

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Are people seriously supporting Chris Duhon?

You could hate Duhon for other reasons besides if he was still on the books.
    He's a HORRIBLE low quality PG who shys Gallinari away from the offense and probably as stationary as Shaq.
    The big deal is Toney Douglas is a super PG and is more mobile and has equal PG's as Duhon...Douglas is going to be here in the future, Duhon isn't.
    The problem is Douglas isn't getting experience...his defense, 3pt range, ability to do a lot of things that won't hinder the progression of guys like Gallinari is a positive.
    Playing Chris Duhon 47 minutes in a game isn't.

We would be MUCH better with a PG in comparison with a shot blocker and a SG. PG is the most important position in this offense, ask D'Antoni himself.

Hughes is more versatile, can play defense, multiple positions and doesn't hold the ball for twenty seconds.

Knicks organization spent the whole off season trying to upgrade the PG, and what did they do?
    We got a combo guard in Douglas, who's better than our starter.
    When Duhon can't outproduce a late first round pick, you have to put the blame on him and get off his sack and stop protecting the entry of his anus.

Duhon's attitude? Who cares. His attitude on the court sucks. He's too conservative in an aggressive offense.

Work ethic? Marbury had work ethic and look what happen to him.
    Duhon is humble because he's a low quality player and he knows it. This is the biggest opportunity of his life, being a full time NBA starter. His numbers? 9 points per game and 6 assist on 31% FG and Zach Randolph 3pt shooting accuracy. He's the worst in the NBA.

Anyone who prides, defends or feels bad for Duhon is lame...IMO, dude is no good, and was a terrible signing from the beginning.

He has to be cut right away if he ignores an open Gallinari again.

I have spoken.

Originally Posted by New New York
    Could it be that the Knicks managment gave him the keys to the offense when he clearly is not ready to run an offense full-time.....NO that can't be it because most Knick fans will recognize that Knicks Managment spent the whole off season trying to upgrade the PG positon
    That's why we took Jordan Hill with our 1st rounder right?

Seriously though... We really should have taken Jennings, if only for the fact we would have BJ and the **** on the same team.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Are people seriously supporting Chris Duhon?

You could hate Duhon for other reasons besides if he was still on the books.
    He's a HORRIBLE low quality PG who shys Gallinari away from the offense and probably as stationary as Shaq.
    The big deal is Toney Douglas is a super PG and is more mobile and has equal PG's as Duhon...Douglas is going to be here in the future, Duhon isn't.
    The problem is Douglas isn't getting experience...his defense, 3pt range, ability to do a lot of things that won't hinder the progression of guys like Gallinari is a positive.
    Playing Chris Duhon 47 minutes in a game isn't.

We would be MUCH better with a PG in comparison with a shot blocker and a SG. PG is the most important position in this offense, ask D'Antoni himself.

Hughes is more versatile, can play defense, multiple positions and doesn't hold the ball for twenty seconds.

Knicks organization spent the whole off season trying to upgrade the PG, and what did they do?
    We got a combo guard in Douglas, who's better than our starter.
    When Duhon can't outproduce a late first round pick, you have to put the blame on him and get off his sack and stop protecting the entry of his anus.

Duhon's attitude? Who cares. His attitude on the court sucks. He's too conservative in an aggressive offense.

Work ethic? Marbury had work ethic and look what happen to him.
    Duhon is humble because he's a low quality player and he knows it. This is the biggest opportunity of his life, being a full time NBA starter. His numbers? 9 points per game and 6 assist on 31% FG and Zach Randolph 3pt shooting accuracy. He's the worst in the NBA.

Anyone who prides, defends or feels bad for Duhon is lame...IMO, dude is no good, and was a terrible signing from the beginning.

He has to be cut right away if he ignores an open Gallinari again.

I have spoken.
    Slow down cowboy, no one is defending Duhon, please in my whole post show once when I "defended him", what I am saying is that 1. we suck at other positions other than the PG position, 2. Chris Duhon has no future nor any impact on our future so why sweat him so hard?

Now I would have to disagree with you on us being better with a better PG as opposed to true center or SG

Lets replace Duhon on our team with Deron Williams

Deron Williams
    Larry Hughes
    Gallo
    Harrington
    Lee

That is a .500 club

Now replace Larry Hughes with and equally good SG, lets use Brandon Roy

Duhon
    Roy
    Gallo
    Harrington
    Lee

That too is a .500 club

Now lets give try a solid Center, for this I will use Pau Gasol

Duhon
    Hughes
    Gallo
    Lee
    Gasol

Again, you have a team around the .500 mark

Point being is that the PG position is not the team's only thing holding this team back, Duhon is not our lone weakness, so again why harp on our PG postion more than any other?

Originally Posted by smokes
    That's why we took Jordan Hill with our 1st rounder right?

Seriously though... We really should have taken Jennings, if only for the fact we would have BJ and the **** on the same team.
    But do your homework good sir....Donnie Walsh went into the Draft looking for a PG, he wouldve taken Tyreke Evans,Flynn,Rubio,or Curry had any of them been there.

Now you can argue that he did drop the ball in thinking that those were the only quality PG's availabe in the Draft, but make no mistake about it, the Hill pick was only made because those players were not available...do you really think he wouldve taken Hill we had moved up and got the 4th pick?

This fact plus the pursuit of Kidd,Miller,Sessions is all an indication that Dantoni does not feel comfortable with Duhon running the show!

But do your homework good sir....Donnie Walsh went into the Draft looking for a PG, he wouldve taken Tyreke Evans,Flynn,Rubio,or Curry had any of them been there.

Now you can argue that he did drop the ball in thinking that those were the only quality PG's availabe in the Draft, but make no mistake about it, the Hill pick was only made because those players were not available...do you really think he wouldve taken Hill we had moved up and got the 4th pick?

This fact plus the pursuit of Kidd,Miller,Sessions is all an indication that Dantoni does not feel comfortable with Duhon running the show!
    I guess my lol smiley and "seriously though" didn't tip you off on the intended sarcasm there :P

Slow down cowboy, no one is defending Duhon, please in my whole post show once when I "defended him", what I am saying is that 1. we suck at other positions other than the PG position, 2. Chris Duhon has no future nor any impact on our future so why sweat him so hard?

Now I would have to disagree with you on us being better with a better PG as opposed to true center or SG

Lets replace Duhon on our team with Deron Williams

Deron Williams
    Larry Hughes
    Gallo
    Harrington
    Lee

That is a .500 club

Now replace Larry Hughes with and equally good SG, lets use Brandon Roy

Duhon
    Roy
    Gallo
    Harrington
    Lee

That too is a .500 club

Now lets give try a solid Center, for this I will use Pau Gasol

Duhon
    Hughes
    Gallo
    Lee
    Gasol

Again, you have a team around the .500 mark

Point being is that the PG position is not the team's only thing holding this team back, Duhon is not our lone weakness, so again why harp on our PG postion more than any other?

come on bro, its one thing to defend duhon, but you're telling me that if deron williams replaced chris duhon that we would be a .500 team in the weak eastern conference??? of course not... d-will is a stud, hes an all-star, some even call him a super star. d-will+gallo+harrington+lee=47-50+ wins in d'antoni's system. d williams is so much superior to chris duhorrible its not even funny. duhorn is so bad and even with him holding us back, if we continue the pace we are at we cud get anywhere from 30-38 wins. d williams would get us wayyy more wins than 41

Superstar

Deron = 50+
    Roy = Probably do the same thing the team is doing now maybe win like 5 more games. I don't think SG has as much an impact unless the team is built to support that SG.
    Gasol = 50+ would kinda hide what Lee can't do.

Rasheed in his prime = East Conf Finals. He would hide all of Lees ineptitude on D. Al Harrington can be played at his real position 6th man scorer.

Of course i feel that D'Antoni would have to be fired for Rasheed and Gasol to work.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Knicks would be a top 4-5 team in the East with Deron Williams atleast.

Williams is better than Roy/Gasol..but thats not the point.

Fact is, PG > SG/C

Lee is alright at center, and Chandler isn't the worst at SG.

ahh what ever dude is earning pennies, and there is no other option at the pg. Im not knocking him for being put in this situation; we just dont have another choice, he would look like the best back up pg in the league if we had a legit starter.

Originally Posted by knickzrulezH20
    come on bro, its one thing to defend duhon, but you're telling me that if deron williams replaced chris duhon that we would be a .500 team in the weak eastern conference??? of course not... d-will is a stud, hes an all-star, some even call him a super star. d-will+gallo+harrington+lee=47-50+ wins in d'antoni's system. d williams is so much superior to chris duhorrible its not even funny. duhorn is so bad and even with him holding us back, if we continue the pace we are at we cud get anywhere from 30-38 wins. d williams would get us wayyy more wins than 41

Again, not defending Duhon!, my admission that Deron Williams would make us a .500 club is in my opinion a huge compliment to Deron Williams considering our lineup.I am not down playing how good Deron Williams is at all, behind Billups he is my second favorite PG! I am saying that an equal upgrade at all postions that we are hurting at would result in the same results.

Ok so maybe I shouldve said a little above .500 to have been more accurate

Again, point being that with all the holes in our lineup, why is so much emphasis put on Duhon. Look as bad and unprepared to be a full-time PG Duhon is, his overall play is no worst than our interior defense that teams have exploited for the past 4 seasons.

I ask this question to all of you who hate him so much.....What did you really expect when Donnie signed him?

No one in their right mind thought we had just gotten the second coming of Nash for Dantoni! I think we all knew his signing was nothing more than a hold over move until The Knicks could afford a true PG upgrade! I think he is as good as we could expect him to be!

Getting as upset -to the point of obession for some of you- about Duhon not being a gifted PG is like Nets fans being mad at Kiki Vandeweghe for not being one of the best coaches in The NBA....it defies common sense!

D Will is currently the best PG in the NBA imo.

Utah is a good example of how teams should work. Business.

Boozer said in the preseason he did not want to play in Utah and requested a trade. Utah has also said he does not feature in their future plans and has tried to trade him. But they could not get what they wanted so they kept him, and continue to play him. He puts up all star numbers all season because they play as a team and do not freeze anyone out over personal issues within the team.

Knicks could learn a lot from Utah business approach to basketball.

Originally Posted by smokes
    D Will is currently the best PG in the NBA imo.

Utah is a good example of how teams should work. Business.

Boozer said in the preseason he did not want to play in Utah and requested a trade. Utah has also said he does not feature in their future plans and has tried to trade him. But they could not get what they wanted so they kept him, and continue to play him. He puts up all star numbers all season because they play as a team and do not freeze anyone out over personal issues within the team.

Knicks could learn a lot from Utah business approach to basketball.
    agreed with how utah a great organization but i have to humbly disagree with your first statement. do i love dwill? absolutely, hes a superstar imo. but hes also the 2nd best pg in the league, not the first. chris paul is the best point guard in the league no questions asked. dwill is 2nd (not that its bad to be behind cp3 lol)

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Knicks would be a top 4-5 team in the East with Deron Williams atleast.

Williams is better than Roy/Gasol..but thats not the point.

Fact is, PG > SG/C

Lee is alright at center, and Chandler isn't the worst at SG.
    I wouldve said D-Wade and Dwight, but I thought that wouldve been a bit exxagerated

But speaking of both those players......they are both examples of players who could make a team go even without the play of an elite PG

a team can win with a subpar PG if they have a Dominant SG or Center.

And The Knicks could be just as good a team with Duhon running the point with either an elite SG or a Dominant Center to play with Lee.

So back to the main point....with so many weaknesses on our team, why all the attention do Duhon?

Superstar

I actually think Rondo is the best PG in the league.........followed by D Will and Chris Paul.

crap forgot about Chauncey too....i guess it depends on the type of system you are running....do they even play uptempo in Utah?