Official Chris Duhon Appreciation Thread

metrocard

Legend
61719dbfe86100ace52f6d10974a4c23-getty-90041866nl021_los_angeles_c.jpg

True PG
b81dbbd08decb41dcfb317cba825c5ea-getty-90041173nb020_nets_knicks_nb001_rockets_knicks.jpg

Great court vision

8989ae2e562088e8d2b0097e4abe7e9e-getty-90040748nb021_76ers_knicks_nb001_rockets_knicks.jpg

Unselfish

capt.55fe21da7dbc48da9413690b16d5c8a0.clippers_knicks_basketball_nykk115.jpg

6cfdc82d496916464e3b90be86f6aee0-getty-90041243lm022_knicks_hornets.jpg

Top 3 NBA defender
Unlimited 3pt range

I wish I could seize life by the balls like Chris Duhon.
He carries himself with such testosterone-infused power.

415645186_42b56d70f4.jpg

ANU

Starter
the guy embarrasses himself out there even when he's has a good game, he blatantly tries to ignore gallo, jealous ones still envy..

NYKChevy

Benchwarmer
I actually don't think Duhon sucks as bad as everyone makes him out to be. Inconsistent? Yes. But he's decent and would be good to keep around next year at the right price as a back-up. We do need an upgrade at the position. But Duhon does know how to be a playmaker which isnt something you can say about anyone else on the team.

smokes

Huge Member
I actually don't think Duhon sucks as bad as everyone makes him out to be. Inconsistent? Yes. But he's decent and would be good to keep around next year at the right price as a back-up. We do need an upgrade at the position. But Duhon does know how to be a playmaker which isnt something you can say about anyone else on the team.

And his assist/turnover ratio is good this year.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only

:teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth:

You need to get the fukk out of K.O.

nyk_nyk

All Star

WTF????

All of his assists come from Lee forcing the pick and roll on him. Anytime Duhon has the ball Lee will run over to him and make that s*** happen.

Duhon doesn't set anyone else up to score on a regular basis so I don't understand your comment. I watch ALL THE GAMES so i'm very confident in my observation.

NYKChevy

Benchwarmer
Who else is going to run the team for us this season? Tony Douglas isn't ready to man the position yet and Larry Hughes averages 4.3 TO's a game. That number would go up if he took the PG spot full-time.

I'm not saying he's the point guard of the future, i'm saying he's the best option we have at PG. So what if the bulk of his assists come from pick and rolls with Lee, until other teams find a way to stop it then I say keep going with it.

If you noticed he also got much better at decision-making when he drives to the paint. Instead of passing it off to teammates when he gets there he's been laying it up, which is good.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
i want to thank chris duhon for a lot of things, and this thread finally will give me the oppurtunity to express my gratitude for one of the best knicks pg's ever

1.) Thank you for being an overrated defensive player, it warms my heart seeing no name players consistently take advantage of you
2.) Thank you for missing more than 3/4 of your shots on a regular basis. really field goal percentage isnt that important anyways
3.) Thank you for being a dumbass on numerous occasions in crunch time, i mean its not like we want to win the game
4.) Thank you for having the reputation as the worst starting pg around the league. I get in debates with ppl on other teams, and once they mention how their pg is better than ours im left speechless, thanks chris duhon.
5.) And last but no least, thank you for ignoring gallo, our best shooter, numerous times to dribble under the basket and then pass to one of our chuckers. its not like gallo is that important for the future of the team anyways right? no need to get him shots

Ahh im in the Christmas mood

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
i want to thank chris duhon for a lot of things, and this thread finally will give me the oppurtunity to express my gratitude for one of the best knicks pg's ever

1.) Thank you for being an overrated defensive player, it warms my heart seeing no name players consistently take advantage of you
2.) Thank you for missing more than 3/4 of your shots on a regular basis. really field goal percentage isnt that important anyways
3.) Thank you for being a dumbass on numerous occasions in crunch time, i mean its not like we want to win the game
4.) Thank you for having the reputation as the worst starting pg around the league. I get in debates with ppl on other teams, and once they mention how their pg is better than ours im left speechless, thanks chris duhon.
5.) And last but no least, thank you for ignoring gallo, our best shooter, numerous times to dribble under the basket and then pass to one of our chuckers. its not like gallo is that important for the future of the team anyways right? no need to get him shots

Ahh im in the Christmas mood

lol, funny post.

It's funny how Duhon hates Gallo, considering how much he loves Cock...

New New York

Quiet Storm
Obessions Much?

OK so it is one thing to think that Duhon is one of, if not the worst starting PG's in the NBA -which every Knick fans knows he is- but some of you are just obessing over this fact a little too much!

Look if Chris Duhon was still on the books next season, I would hate the Hell out of this Dude! But he is gone after this season, just like Darko and Hughes so who whats the big deal?

Yes we would be better with an better PG, we would also be better with a true shot blocking Center, and a better SG.

He is probably as good a PG as Hughes is a SG, but people are not obessing over it the same, Why?

Let me sit you guys on the couch and dissect your thinking

Could it be that the Knicks managment gave him the keys to the offense when he clearly is not ready to run an offense full-time.....NO that can't be it because most Knick fans will recognize that Knicks Managment spent the whole off season trying to upgrade the PG positon, plus how can you blame the actual player for the bad choice made by the coach and managment?

Could it be Duhon's bad attitude and work ethic....No, say what you want about his abilities he is a humble player, who wouldve welcomed an upgrade at the position this off season. Him not just quitting after his shooting slump to start the season tells you about his work ethic.

Could it be that there is still a lot of heart broken Marbuary fans who view Duhon as the reason why their favorite player is no longer around?......Hmmm, I think I got it!

Next therapy session I will give you my professional opinion on how to come to grips with your issue!

metrocard

Legend
Are people seriously supporting Chris Duhon?

You could hate Duhon for other reasons besides if he was still on the books.
He's a HORRIBLE low quality PG who shys Gallinari away from the offense and probably as stationary as Shaq.
The big deal is Toney Douglas is a super PG and is more mobile and has equal PG's as Duhon...Douglas is going to be here in the future, Duhon isn't.
The problem is Douglas isn't getting experience...his defense, 3pt range, ability to do a lot of things that won't hinder the progression of guys like Gallinari is a positive.
Playing Chris Duhon 47 minutes in a game isn't.

We would be MUCH better with a PG in comparison with a shot blocker and a SG. PG is the most important position in this offense, ask D'Antoni himself.

Hughes is more versatile, can play defense, multiple positions and doesn't hold the ball for twenty seconds.

Knicks organization spent the whole off season trying to upgrade the PG, and what did they do?
We got a combo guard in Douglas, who's better than our starter.
When Duhon can't outproduce a late first round pick, you have to put the blame on him and get off his sack and stop protecting the entry of his anus.

Duhon's attitude? Who cares. His attitude on the court sucks. He's too conservative in an aggressive offense.

Work ethic? Marbury had work ethic and look what happen to him.
Duhon is humble because he's a low quality player and he knows it. This is the biggest opportunity of his life, being a full time NBA starter. His numbers? 9 points per game and 6 assist on 31% FG and Zach Randolph 3pt shooting accuracy. He's the worst in the NBA.

Anyone who prides, defends or feels bad for Duhon is lame...IMO, dude is no good, and was a terrible signing from the beginning.

He has to be cut right away if he ignores an open Gallinari again.

I have spoken.

smokes

Huge Member
Could it be that the Knicks managment gave him the keys to the offense when he clearly is not ready to run an offense full-time.....NO that can't be it because most Knick fans will recognize that Knicks Managment spent the whole off season trying to upgrade the PG positon

That's why we took Jordan Hill with our 1st rounder right? :lol:

Seriously though... We really should have taken Jennings, if only for the fact we would have BJ and the Cock on the same team.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Are people seriously supporting Chris Duhon?

You could hate Duhon for other reasons besides if he was still on the books.
He's a HORRIBLE low quality PG who shys Gallinari away from the offense and probably as stationary as Shaq.
The big deal is Toney Douglas is a super PG and is more mobile and has equal PG's as Duhon...Douglas is going to be here in the future, Duhon isn't.
The problem is Douglas isn't getting experience...his defense, 3pt range, ability to do a lot of things that won't hinder the progression of guys like Gallinari is a positive.
Playing Chris Duhon 47 minutes in a game isn't.

We would be MUCH better with a PG in comparison with a shot blocker and a SG. PG is the most important position in this offense, ask D'Antoni himself.

Hughes is more versatile, can play defense, multiple positions and doesn't hold the ball for twenty seconds.

Knicks organization spent the whole off season trying to upgrade the PG, and what did they do?
We got a combo guard in Douglas, who's better than our starter.
When Duhon can't outproduce a late first round pick, you have to put the blame on him and get off his sack and stop protecting the entry of his anus.

Duhon's attitude? Who cares. His attitude on the court sucks. He's too conservative in an aggressive offense.

Work ethic? Marbury had work ethic and look what happen to him.
Duhon is humble because he's a low quality player and he knows it. This is the biggest opportunity of his life, being a full time NBA starter. His numbers? 9 points per game and 6 assist on 31% FG and Zach Randolph 3pt shooting accuracy. He's the worst in the NBA.

Anyone who prides, defends or feels bad for Duhon is lame...IMO, dude is no good, and was a terrible signing from the beginning.

He has to be cut right away if he ignores an open Gallinari again.

I have spoken.

Slow down cowboy, no one is defending Duhon, please in my whole post show once when I "defended him", what I am saying is that 1. we suck at other positions other than the PG position, 2. Chris Duhon has no future nor any impact on our future so why sweat him so hard?

Now I would have to disagree with you on us being better with a better PG as opposed to true center or SG

Lets replace Duhon on our team with Deron Williams

Deron Williams
Larry Hughes
Gallo
Harrington
Lee

That is a .500 club

Now replace Larry Hughes with and equally good SG, lets use Brandon Roy

Duhon
Roy
Gallo
Harrington
Lee

That too is a .500 club

Now lets give try a solid Center, for this I will use Pau Gasol

Duhon
Hughes
Gallo
Lee
Gasol

Again, you have a team around the .500 mark

Point being is that the PG position is not the team's only thing holding this team back, Duhon is not our lone weakness, so again why harp on our PG postion more than any other?

That's why we took Jordan Hill with our 1st rounder right? :lol:

Seriously though... We really should have taken Jennings, if only for the fact we would have BJ and the Cock on the same team.

But do your homework good sir....Donnie Walsh went into the Draft looking for a PG, he wouldve taken Tyreke Evans,Flynn,Rubio,or Curry had any of them been there.

Now you can argue that he did drop the ball in thinking that those were the only quality PG's availabe in the Draft, but make no mistake about it, the Hill pick was only made because those players were not available...do you really think he wouldve taken Hill we had moved up and got the 4th pick?

This fact plus the pursuit of Kidd,Miller,Sessions is all an indication that Dantoni does not feel comfortable with Duhon running the show!