Official Chris Duhon Appreciation Thread

Giants89FLY

Rotation player
Leave this forum and never come back.

Rajon Rondo?!?!?!?!?!? LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
9vbnuw.gif

dpryde

Benchwarmer
Paul is overrated. I don't trust short players at all he gets burned all day on D. Derrick Rose as of now is not as good as Rondo but i'd be happy with him. Nash is overrated. Jennings we will have to see, i'm not sold on him. I'd take Deron too...if we played a slower pace, i'd take Chauncey.

I would take Tyreke in a heartbeat i was one of the people that wanted to bring him here...but he isn't a pg in my opinion. Will end up playing similar to a lebron like position point forward.

overrated?? are you outta your mind??? you put paul on the celtics and they would win a championship every ****ing year. you retarted ****ing ****tard. you probably dream about the celtics team every night. rajon rondo is one of the most overrated pg's in the league, once kg, and pierce is gone celtic fans will languish ever giving him 55 mil

p0nder

Starter
Rondo sucks. his skills aren't even close to Paul and Nash. There's no doubt in my mind that Nash and Paul are the best pg's in the league and i would NOT be surprised if Nash made another run at MVP this year.

Duhon has a good attitude and has been dealing very well with the public scrutiny that comes with being the knick that runs the offense. It's no easy job that;s for sure and we're asking it to be done by a guy that really should be the back up PG (and probably will be in a year or two). I gotta give him credit for not collapsing under the pressure and the fact that he is contributing significantly to the teams current success.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
rondo is not that bad but to say chris paul is overrated, u gotta be outta ur damn mind....chris paul should definately leave that sorry ass team and come here...to average that many assists with that supporting group is amazing

Asimov

Benchwarmer
I still don't like the way he plays

I don't trust his handles, and I hate the way he drives to the hoop and doesn't shoot or blows an easy lay up

only thing saving Duhon right now is that he's hitting his shot and he's not Nate or Crackbury

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
Hate to disagree with most posters here, Rondo is great point guard! His defense is amazing (6'10 wingspan), he rebounds, he's to tough, gritty, nasty, and has the potential to be a Hall of Famer. He's the Scootie Pippen of point guards he can just do a little bit of everything and makes everyone around him better.

KingCharles34

All Star
A real point guard like Nash or CP3 would probably average 15 assists a game on the Smellshits

Rondo has the most incomplete offensive game of any starting point guard in the NBA besides Chris Duthorn. He doesnt really have a nice crossover move unless hes got a big advantage, hes not good at breaking down defenses....or i should say hes not nearly as good as he should be. He cant shoot free throws, hes got no mid range game and no long range game. The only reason why he has a high field goal percentage is because he sneeks in for layups...other teams pay very little attention to him. They play off of him, showing no respect.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Chris Duhomo :lol: :lol: :lol: SMH @ D'Anphony not starting Toney Douglas and starting Duhomo.

Paul1355

All Star
I was about to curse out whoever made this thread until i saw the last picture.

Duhon does not even deserve his own thread.
He deserves to be on the bench.

BlackH20

Benchwarmer
Kryzewski recommendation to D'Antonio, next case

OK so it is one thing to think that Duhon is one of, if not the worst starting PG's in the NBA -which every Knick fans knows he is- but some of you are just obessing over this fact a little too much!

Look if Chris Duhon was still on the books next season, I would hate the Hell out of this Dude! But he is gone after this season, just like Darko and Hughes so who whats the big deal?

Yes we would be better with an better PG, we would also be better with a true shot blocking Center, and a better SG.

He is probably as good a PG as Hughes is a SG, but people are not obessing over it the same, Why?

Let me sit you guys on the couch and dissect your thinking

Could it be that the Knicks managment gave him the keys to the offense when he clearly is not ready to run an offense full-time.....NO that can't be it because most Knick fans will recognize that Knicks Managment spent the whole off season trying to upgrade the PG positon, plus how can you blame the actual player for the bad choice made by the coach and managment?

Could it be Duhon's bad attitude and work ethic....No, say what you want about his abilities he is a humble player, who wouldve welcomed an upgrade at the position this off season. Him not just quitting after his shooting slump to start the season tells you about his work ethic.

Could it be that there is still a lot of heart broken Marbuary fans who view Duhon as the reason why their favorite player is no longer around?......Hmmm, I think I got it!

Next therapy session I will give you my professional opinion on how to come to grips with your issue!

Duhon can't hold a candle to Hughes at the point NOW. The guy has 5 years in the league and has not averaged over 8 points per game? He hesitates constantly, he has no court vision (somebody said he does?), he has zero "no look" passes. Defense? There is none. They needed a point guard, Kryzewski told D'Antonio this guy was decent (not at the NBA level though). Hughes is not the future either, but now, he could get you in the playoffs, he just can't be put in, yanked out and put in again, not that type of player, never has been. He has learned to back off when his shot is not one and is worth the assist and defense. Duhon does not score anymore anyway. Never has in his career. We saw it in the one game, first quarter, D'Antonio gave him a full quarter straight, he had eight assist and played the point from the right side of the court, not even the center, so Duhon's feelings were not hurt. Duhon does not pass to him, but Hughes doesn't want his job, didn't want the point in Cleveland, but took them to the finals playing it. Better hands, better passes, more steals, game moves much faster with Hughes in. The players move better, the team works better.

It won't happen, D'Antonio is with Duhon as much as Gallo and the reverse for Robinson. Dude can hold a grudge a little too long there. Would love to see Robinson and Hughes for a quarter. Hughes feeds Harrington, Chandler and Lee beautiful passes.
Need a new point guard for next year, need a center with able knee's, need two near top tier players and Lee, Gallo (learn how to dribble) and Harrington are keepers for the price. Lee is only 6' 7", give him credit for what he does. He is a forward and getting that 12 foot jumper down. Maybe a veteran 7 footer or point guard would round it out, it isn't going to be more than one top tier or two second tier players? Hell, I don't know what is in the future for 2010, but if I wanted to win games this year, I would not have Duhon as my Knick player with the most minutes for this year so far, that is way off for production he gives. Don't compare him to bench players when he is your number one man on the court. That's your franchise player, "Duhon". Duhon is the number one Knick in minutes on the court, it's crazy. Hughes has him beat in every category (for 12 years, and this year even coming off the bench, has same numbers) and is a true 6 foot 5 versus 6 foot. D'Antonio must owe coach K a big one. Will give DA credit for getting some wins though, though Duhon's super slump cost at least 6 games.

Oh well, I am sure Duhon will land a big starting PG position contract for many years after this one.

metrocard

Legend
I hate it when people decrease a dude's height to stretch out a useless point

David Lee was listed 6' 7.75" without shoes(which doesnt matter, are we playing basketball without shoes now?)
6' 9 is his official height 7' 0" is his official wingspan.

dre48ny

Rotation player
Duhon is a backup in this league, no doubt. Yesterday's game was a perfect example when a true playmaking pG should take over the offense. The team kept chucking lousy 3's and they couldnt get good shots. A true PG will dribble around and change the defense and allow others to be in a better position to get a higher percentage shot. We really need to address this. Tony Douglas should've came in.

milchshake

Benchwarmer

13 mln panaceum on play-off's :teeth: as we can see DUHOMO hits more 3 pointers so maybe that keep him on the court rather than Larry:teeth:

and again wait till the end of season and hoped we get just lebron t-1000 james who could save our souls. I saw yesterday cool PG - MO WILLIAMS, better than CH&L together :thumbsup:

BlackH20

Benchwarmer
So you "hate" a .75 inch? CHILL

I hate it when people decrease a dude's height to stretch out a useless point

David Lee was listed 6' 7.75" without shoes(which doesnt matter, are we playing basketball without shoes now?)
6' 9 is his official height 7' 0" is his official wingspan.

It does matter, it's the NBA rule for draft combines, maybe you can start to learn why Jordan Hill passed on the drills at the combines (used to be called pre draft), but showed off his 9 foot standing reach. He is a bust, four days of probing his skills and this would have shown up to most, good advice from his agent. A person can stand in numerous positions to gain an inch, same with wingspan. I am not going to type out a hundred examples, WHEW? You been around the game a lot, right? Why without shoes? Maybe you have not noticed, the players don't wear all the same shoe.

Is that is what is stated above? Not near the 6' 9" the Knicks and NBA list him or the competition he faces in the league now. Help yourself, watch a game and compare him with his own teammates, there you will see "basketball" height, what is listed is sometimes over, sometimes true (rare), sometimes under. You think he grew 2 inches at 23 years of age? He played as a guard in high school at Chaminade in St. Louis, hit a growth spurt in 10th grade. Broke his left hand which developed the ambidextrous style so highly valued now. Tremendous work ethic, Desmond Lee is a billionaire. The guy is relentless worker. Trained at "Hammer Bodies" while at Florida, Billy Donovan could not believe how much he bulked up over the summer, so he brought Coach Hammer (legal name) down to Florida (read SI article). Hughes is only 4 years older at 30, also from St. Louis and trains with Hammer, though he is in his 12th year in the league. A true 6 foot 5, true to the NBA site, but this is for a 2 guard, and 6' 5" is sweet. Maybe your starting to "get it". Tyler Hansbrough is another from the same trainer (1/2 inch taller than Lee).

The point is, since you missed it, I spell it out for your again, with no "hate for anything or anyone, he is not a NBA center, but 65 double doubles, which led the league last year, and is someone this young, I would not get rid of. Don't "hate" just enjoy the game young fellow. Lee is a fantastic play at his height even it is 6' 7.75" as you claim, and what he has to go up against each night. Give me some of those heights?

Good Height

metrocard

Legend
1. He's more 6"8 than 6"7(estimated without shoes)
2. No one plays BBall without shoes, its a POINTLESS MEASUREMENT
3. Basketball is about preformance, sneakers are sneakers, you don't see David Lee wearing Stilletos standing at 7" feet tall.
4. Height isn't the biggest factor, Height only attracts stat geeks and people who know very little about the game. Dallas Mavericks play 5"11 Jose Juan Barea at SG.
5. David Lee is 6"9, and plays big as anyone.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
1. He's more 6"8 than 6"7(estimated without shoes)
2. No one plays BBall without shoes, its a POINTLESS MEASUREMENT
3. Basketball is about preformance, sneakers are sneakers, you don't see David Lee wearing Stilletos standing at 7" feet tall.
4. Height isn't the biggest factor, Height only attracts stat geeks and people who know very little about the game. Dallas Mavericks play 5"11 Jose Juan Barea at SG.
5. David Lee is 6"9, and plays big as anyone.

i cosign 110%....free nate robinson

BlackH20

Benchwarmer
Ok dude, run with 6 foot 9 and forget the combines, have fun with it. Sometimes fancy book learning will give you some smarts, sometimes people are not cut out for it. A few clicks and you will learn about measuring without shoes, don't be so lazy, then write out bullet points by numbers?

New York should sign Lee to long term contract, big mistake, he is going to earn for more on the open market after this year or the Knicks are going to pay for it.
Back to topic, let Hughes run the point to increase wins, Duhon is the worst point guard in the league and the leading Knick this year on minutes on the floor, why does a coach play him that many minutes? A 8 point average per year in his career? Living up to that average again, Hughes was living up to his 14 point over 12 years when given the role and start time.
Got a 7 foot center now (do you wonder why?), big help.
Trade Hill, but I believe the dirty secret is out, a wasted pick, shake Robinson for some teams attendance record. Yes, he can score 21, but the guy he is guarding is scoring 30 (Clyde).

dlee420

Banned
Duhon reminds me of me when i was in 3rd grade taking layups for the first time.. scared of the trotting feet behind me.. DUHON IS THE WORST... People are saying start toney over him.. how about atleast play tony??? Damn D'antoni is a BEEATTCHH.. just playing duhon because its Mike Krzyzewksi's boy.. Politics go a loong way in the NBA

ANU

Starter
all i know is, this wino is gonna stop us from the playoffs.next off season we cannot go into the season with him as our pg.