Official Chris Duhon Appreciation Thread

smokes

Huge Member
But do your homework good sir....Donnie Walsh went into the Draft looking for a PG, he wouldve taken Tyreke Evans,Flynn,Rubio,or Curry had any of them been there.

Now you can argue that he did drop the ball in thinking that those were the only quality PG's availabe in the Draft, but make no mistake about it, the Hill pick was only made because those players were not available...do you really think he wouldve taken Hill we had moved up and got the 4th pick?

This fact plus the pursuit of Kidd,Miller,Sessions is all an indication that Dantoni does not feel comfortable with Duhon running the show!

I guess my lol smiley and "seriously though" didn't tip you off on the intended sarcasm there :p

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Slow down cowboy, no one is defending Duhon, please in my whole post show once when I "defended him", what I am saying is that 1. we suck at other positions other than the PG position, 2. Chris Duhon has no future nor any impact on our future so why sweat him so hard?

Now I would have to disagree with you on us being better with a better PG as opposed to true center or SG

Lets replace Duhon on our team with Deron Williams

Deron Williams
Larry Hughes
Gallo
Harrington
Lee

That is a .500 club

Now replace Larry Hughes with and equally good SG, lets use Brandon Roy

Duhon
Roy
Gallo
Harrington
Lee

That too is a .500 club

Now lets give try a solid Center, for this I will use Pau Gasol

Duhon
Hughes
Gallo
Lee
Gasol

Again, you have a team around the .500 mark

Point being is that the PG position is not the team's only thing holding this team back, Duhon is not our lone weakness, so again why harp on our PG postion more than any other?

But do your homework good sir....Donnie Walsh went into the Draft looking for a PG, he wouldve taken Tyreke Evans,Flynn,Rubio,or Curry had any of them been there.

Now you can argue that he did drop the ball in thinking that those were the only quality PG's availabe in the Draft, but make no mistake about it, the Hill pick was only made because those players were not available...do you really think he wouldve taken Hill we had moved up and got the 4th pick?

This fact plus the pursuit of Kidd,Miller,Sessions is all an indication that Dantoni does not feel comfortable with Duhon running the show!

come on bro, its one thing to defend duhon, but you're telling me that if deron williams replaced chris duhon that we would be a .500 team in the weak eastern conference??? of course not... d-will is a stud, hes an all-star, some even call him a super star. d-will+gallo+harrington+lee=47-50+ wins in d'antoni's system. d williams is so much superior to chris duhorrible its not even funny. duhorn is so bad and even with him holding us back, if we continue the pace we are at we cud get anywhere from 30-38 wins. d williams would get us wayyy more wins than 41

clumsy

Rotation player
Deron = 50+
Roy = Probably do the same thing the team is doing now maybe win like 5 more games. I don't think SG has as much an impact unless the team is built to support that SG.
Gasol = 50+ would kinda hide what Lee can't do.

Rasheed in his prime = East Conf Finals. He would hide all of Lees ineptitude on D. Al Harrington can be played at his real position 6th man scorer.

Of course i feel that D'Antoni would have to be fired for Rasheed and Gasol to work.

metrocard

Legend
Knicks would be a top 4-5 team in the East with Deron Williams atleast.

Williams is better than Roy/Gasol..but thats not the point.

Fact is, PG > SG/C

Lee is alright at center, and Chandler isn't the worst at SG.

ahh what ever dude is earning pennies, and there is no other option at the pg. Im not knocking him for being put in this situation; we just dont have another choice, he would look like the best back up pg in the league if we had a legit starter.

New New York

Quiet Storm
come on bro, its one thing to defend duhon, but you're telling me that if deron williams replaced chris duhon that we would be a .500 team in the weak eastern conference??? of course not... d-will is a stud, hes an all-star, some even call him a super star. d-will+gallo+harrington+lee=47-50+ wins in d'antoni's system. d williams is so much superior to chris duhorrible its not even funny. duhorn is so bad and even with him holding us back, if we continue the pace we are at we cud get anywhere from 30-38 wins. d williams would get us wayyy more wins than 41

Again, not defending Duhon!, my admission that Deron Williams would make us a .500 club is in my opinion a huge compliment to Deron Williams considering our lineup.I am not down playing how good Deron Williams is at all, behind Billups he is my second favorite PG! I am saying that an equal upgrade at all postions that we are hurting at would result in the same results.

Ok so maybe I shouldve said a little above .500 to have been more accurate

Again, point being that with all the holes in our lineup, why is so much emphasis put on Duhon. Look as bad and unprepared to be a full-time PG Duhon is, his overall play is no worst than our interior defense that teams have exploited for the past 4 seasons.

I ask this question to all of you who hate him so much.....What did you really expect when Donnie signed him?

No one in their right mind thought we had just gotten the second coming of Nash for Dantoni! I think we all knew his signing was nothing more than a hold over move until The Knicks could afford a true PG upgrade! I think he is as good as we could expect him to be!

Getting as upset -to the point of obession for some of you- about Duhon not being a gifted PG is like Nets fans being mad at Kiki Vandeweghe for not being one of the best coaches in The NBA....it defies common sense!

smokes

Huge Member
D Will is currently the best PG in the NBA imo.

Utah is a good example of how teams should work. Business.

Boozer said in the preseason he did not want to play in Utah and requested a trade. Utah has also said he does not feature in their future plans and has tried to trade him. But they could not get what they wanted so they kept him, and continue to play him. He puts up all star numbers all season because they play as a team and do not freeze anyone out over personal issues within the team.

Knicks could learn a lot from Utah business approach to basketball.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
D Will is currently the best PG in the NBA imo.

Utah is a good example of how teams should work. Business.

Boozer said in the preseason he did not want to play in Utah and requested a trade. Utah has also said he does not feature in their future plans and has tried to trade him. But they could not get what they wanted so they kept him, and continue to play him. He puts up all star numbers all season because they play as a team and do not freeze anyone out over personal issues within the team.

Knicks could learn a lot from Utah business approach to basketball.

agreed with how utah a great organization but i have to humbly disagree with your first statement. do i love dwill? absolutely, hes a superstar imo. but hes also the 2nd best pg in the league, not the first. chris paul is the best point guard in the league no questions asked. dwill is 2nd (not that its bad to be behind cp3 lol)

New New York

Quiet Storm
Knicks would be a top 4-5 team in the East with Deron Williams atleast.

Williams is better than Roy/Gasol..but thats not the point.

Fact is, PG > SG/C

Lee is alright at center, and Chandler isn't the worst at SG.

I wouldve said D-Wade and Dwight, but I thought that wouldve been a bit exxagerated

But speaking of both those players......they are both examples of players who could make a team go even without the play of an elite PG

a team can win with a subpar PG if they have a Dominant SG or Center.

And The Knicks could be just as good a team with Duhon running the point with either an elite SG or a Dominant Center to play with Lee.

So back to the main point....with so many weaknesses on our team, why all the attention do Duhon?

clumsy

Rotation player
I actually think Rondo is the best PG in the league.........followed by D Will and Chris Paul.

crap forgot about Chauncey too....i guess it depends on the type of system you are running....do they even play uptempo in Utah?

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
I actually think Rondo is the best PG in the league.........followed by D Will and Chris Paul.

crap forgot about Chauncey too....i guess it depends on the type of system you are running....do they even play uptempo in Utah?

rajon rondo? **** that shit, hes got 3 hall of famers around him, that why he looks so good. steve nash is better than ****in rondo, let alone paul or williams

smokes

Huge Member
agreed with how utah a great organization but i have to humbly disagree with your first statement. do i love dwill? absolutely, hes a superstar imo. but hes also the 2nd best pg in the league, not the first. chris paul is the best point guard in the league no questions asked. dwill is 2nd (not that its bad to be behind cp3 lol)

Last season I would have agreed with you, and stats-wise you're opinion is sound. CP3 does put up better numbers. But Utah is a potential West Coast finalist in my eyes, NOH will be lucky to see playoffs this year.

KingCharles34

All Star
lmao I aint been on here in too long, I was about to say damn Metro, what happened :lol: (like I should be talking with some of my embarrassing posts on other sites)

But i figured out it wasnt really a Duhon appreciation thread when i saw those pictures. And smh @ these kids bringin up Marbury in this thread. If we did have Marbury theres no doubt that we would be a playoff team. Hes better at everything then Duhomo. I havent gotten a chance to say anything about the Nate Robinson situation...i wouldnt care at all that hes not playin if we had a better point guard then Duhoe. But is Duhorn really any better then Nate?

Rady, please ban Clumsy

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Leave this forum and never come back.

co-signnn....how can anyone campaign for a boston celdick?? clumsy go join a celdick forum and talk about ur sexual fantasies of rajon john doe...nd @kingstarbury u gotta make the next knicks vs celdick thread, they were always funny as hell

clumsy

Rotation player
LMAO cuz i watch the NBA.... Rondo would be the best PG for this system. Stupid fast, great vision, can drive with the best of them, and plays good defense.

Can't shoot for anything, but we need a pass first guy anyway. He's like Lebron at PG. Plus you don't have to pay him like a superstar, because he isn't a complete offensive player. Can't shoot at all.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
LMAO cuz i watch the NBA.... Rondo would be the best PG for this system. Stupid fast, great vision, can drive with the best of them, and plays good defense.

Can't shoot for anything, but we need a pass first guy anyway. He's like Lebron at PG.

wow, www.weloveceldick.com ud fit there. rondo best pg for this system? over paul, d-will, nash, rose, evans, jennings?? GTFO ****ing rajon john doe dick sucker

clumsy

Rotation player
Paul is overrated. I don't trust short players at all he gets burned all day on D. Derrick Rose as of now is not as good as Rondo but i'd be happy with him. Nash is overrated. Jennings we will have to see, i'm not sold on him. I'd take Deron too...if we played a slower pace, i'd take Chauncey.

I would take Tyreke in a heartbeat i was one of the people that wanted to bring him here...but he isn't a pg in my opinion. Will end up playing similar to a lebron like position point forward.

clumsy

Rotation player
Just watch Paul won't be anything his whole career, as in he won't win anything, if he is paid like a #1 option in this salary cap era. He isn't a number 1 option.

metrocard

Legend
Someone please ban him?

Paul overrated?
Rando the best?

Most PG's in the NBA are fast.
Rando is the worst shooting PG in the NBA...he makes Jamison Brewer look like Mike Bibby.

Offensively, Rondo is no threat. He only averages 12.1 points per 36 minutes
Averages 7 assist per 36 so he definately isn't the best passer out there. Good passer, but not near the best. Even without the stats.

Please ban him.
He can't get away out with such a criminal statement.