Raekwon - Only Built For Cuban Linx Part 2 Appreciation Thread

KingCharles34

All Star

Best CD this year, hands down...only cd that fukks with this is Rakims The Seventh Seal...well, thats my opinion...music is very subjective. But this cd takes me back, it sounds like somethin that came out in the 90's. While its not as good as the first Cuban Linx album, Raekwon kept it real on this and stuck to the format that has worked best for him.

Heres a mediafire link to the album

http://www.mediafire.com/?2zzmfm50z4z

*EDIT*

That link is to the 1st Only built for Cuban Linx, which was released in in 1995 or 96...

Here is Only Built 4 Cuban Linx 2

http://www.mediafire.com/?ek2mxrtgwzj

Last edited:

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Haven't heard it, but I'm sure its better than any rap album out right now.

On another topic related to old-school music (well, somewhat), I recently have been reading books on jazz history. What intrigued me the most was the comparisons that jazz has with rap music.

One major comparison that I noticed was that every decade or so a new style would emerge. Mainly due to the musicians hunger for creativity, as well as a hunger for realness.

In jazz, its beginnings(1890's) are filled with happy, danceable tunes, followed by more intricate pieces that became even more popular. By the 1940's, the musicians were getting tired of all these jazz styles that were only good for dancing and "clubbing", so they decided to create newer styles that would show a complexity that was missing in jazz. Dizzy guillespie and charlie parker were two guys that spearheaded this movement (bebop music).

What I'm trying to get at with this history lesson is that there is hope for change in rap music. Both dizzy and charlie lost out on a lot of money just so that they could help evolve the style of music that they loved. At the same time they are remembered as legends of jazz music.

I KNOW that the style of music that we enjoy (rap music) will become influential like it once was. There's no doubt.