When is Enough...Enough?

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
How much better does D. Lee have to play before we stop talking Amare and Bosh and start talking retaining Lee to pair up with a super star? Lee has been a loyal Knick and our most consistent player for the last few seasons. He works hard every night, he is young and is a class act. He dug deep yesterday and pulled out the W for us when no one else could. I am officially lobbying for us to resign Lee after we sign Lebron. A core of Lebron, Gallo and Lee will eventually be a force to be reckoned with. If Lee continues to develop his midrange jumper he is a top 5 PF for sure.

There isn't a reason to dismantle this team, we have a very good young core and should make the playoffs. We are missing a major "go to" player like Lebron or Wade. Once we acquire that piece you will all see how talent flocks to our team similar to Artest going to LA for cheap. Further players of that caliber make their teammates better only enhancing the young talent we already have. Combine that with a savvy pick up like Bender, hopefully an emerging Hill and the only piece we would be missing is a PG and arguably a center.

I have not worked the numbers so correct me if I am wrong but my ideal plan would be:

Sign Lebron, resign Lee and make tweaks to our roster next year. Once 2011 roles around depending on how well we did in 2010 we could then aquire a stud PG via free agency or trade once Jefferies and Curry's contracts expire. I can't believe I am about to say this but I would not be opposed to resigning Jefferies for a reasonable contract as well in 2011. He is a versatile player and perfect compliment at center in Dant's system.

2010 lineup:

Duhon/Douglas
Gallo/Chandler (yes Gallo at SG)
Lebron/Harrington (I think we can resign Harrington for cheap if we get a stud like Lebron since he has stated he wants to end his career as a Knick)
Lee/Hill/Bender
Jefferies/Curry

Once 2011 roles around we will be able to asses our teams progress and plug any needed holes. In conclusion I want the Knicks big three to include Lee and Gallo.

dre48ny

Rotation player
Lee deserves it you are absolutely right. I don't know about maxing him out, but yes he deserves it! Gallo at SG is not crazy, I think many of us see him at that position if LeBron or Wade played here.

Sign BronBron in 2010 and then try Tony Parker in 2011.

At point for 2010, I'm clueless.

New New York

Quiet Storm
How much better does D. Lee have to play before we stop talking Amare and Bosh and start talking retaining Lee to pair up with a super star? Lee has been a loyal Knick and our most consistent player for the last few seasons. He works hard every night, he is young and is a class act. He dug deep yesterday and pulled out the W for us when no one else could. I am officially lobbying for us to resign Lee after we sign Lebron. A core of Lebron, Gallo and Lee will eventually be a force to be reckoned with. If Lee continues to develop his midrange jumper he is a top 5 PF for sure.

There isn't a reason to dismantle this team, we have a very good young core and should make the playoffs. We are missing a major "go to" player like Lebron or Wade. Once we acquire that piece you will all see how talent flocks to our team similar to Artest going to LA for cheap. Further players of that caliber make their teammates better only enhancing the young talent we already have. Combine that with a savvy pick up like Bender, hopefully an emerging Hill and the only piece we would be missing is a PG and arguably a center.

I have not worked the numbers so correct me if I am wrong but my ideal plan would be:

Sign Lebron, resign Lee and make tweaks to our roster next year. Once 2011 roles around depending on how well we did in 2010 we could then aquire a stud PG via free agency or trade once Jefferies and Curry's contracts expire. I can't believe I am about to say this but I would not be opposed to resigning Jefferies for a reasonable contract as well in 2011. He is a versatile player and perfect compliment at center in Dant's system.

2010 lineup:

Duhon/Douglas
Gallo/Chandler (yes Gallo at SG)
Lebron/Harrington (I think we can resign Harrington for cheap if we get a stud like Lebron since he has stated he wants to end his career as a Knick)
Lee/Hill/Bender
Jefferies/Curry

Once 2011 roles around we will be able to asses our teams progress and plug any needed holes. In conclusion I want the Knicks big three to include Lee and Gallo.

I do agree that retaining David Lee should be a priority. I think Donnie might have played himself in not getting him for just 8 million per had he signed last off season and unless Lee and his agent are up for back loading a contract it is going to cost at least 2 million more -against precious cap- in 2010/11 to retain David Lee. But I think Lee is proving he is worth it!

That said, there is no way we will have the cap room to re-sign David Lee,Harrington,Duhon -really?- and get Lebron. Look even if David takes just 8 million that only leaves around 16 million -give or take- plus the MLE to fill out our roster. You gotta expect Lebron to get every bit of the 16 million thus leaving only the MLE and that is at least what Harrington is going to earn.

And sorry no way we can rely on either Wilson or Gallo to be full-time SG's even with a player like Lebron

The Knicks plan should be.....resign Lee and Harrington-only if Al's asking price is reasonable-trade Wilson for a true PG or SG and use cap space to nab the position we didnt trade Wilson for, try to entice a shotblocker to with the MLE to play along side of Lee; my pick would be Camby, get a cheap backup combo gaurd, my pick here is Arroyo

True PG/Arroyo
True SG/Douglas
Gallo/Harrington
Lee/Hill-should be more ready to contribute next season-
Camby/Jefferies/Camby

A steady team,Probably a 6th Seed in the East, with cap space to make future upgrades

metrocard

Legend
Why would anyone play Gallo at SG and Lebron at SF? LeBron is athletic and fast enough to guard SG's and PG's...Gallo isn't.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
2010 Cap

We are not moving Curry. Unless we move Jefferies our 2010 cap space, on a high end projected cap of $53.6M, will be about $24M. A max contract for LeBron will be 30% of the cap or about $16M. That will leave only $8M for another free agent.

this is ridiculous, any PF in the league could put up the numbers Lee is putting up and play better defense, you guys are all misguided because we are winning basketball games. I would rather have half of the leagues starting PF's than LEe. With that being said

now hear me out

Lee definitely does deserve to be resigned.

As long as its not for 12 million dollars a year. There are better players out there for 12 mil a year than Lee, and if we can get him or them we do it and let Lee walk.

Like I said I believe Lee deserves to be resigned and should be a priority, but he is priority number 3 or 4

we need a legit star
we need a legit PG
and we need a legit shot blocking C
then we need a D Lee PF.

if any one wants to disagree with me thats fine.

but thats how I see you make this team a championship contender.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Why would anyone play Gallo at SG and Lebron at SF? LeBron is athletic and fast enough to guard SG's and PG's...Gallo isn't.

Gallo is showing his ability to guard smaller players and his jump shot is second to none. I think Lebron is more of a forward in Dant's system anyway.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
We are not moving Curry. Unless we move Jefferies our 2010 cap space, on a high end projected cap of $53.6M, will be about $24M. A max contract for LeBron will be 30% of the cap or about $16M. That will leave only $8M for another free agent.

I think Lebron may take less if it means getting a team together that can win multiple titles. It may be wishful thinking but I feel he would take less than a max contract in NY to play on this stage and earn the accolades of bringing a title to the greatest basketball city. I also think he would make up any losses in additional endorsement...Lebron is big now but would be an international superstar playing in NYC.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
I don't trust Lee to play D consistently, something Bosh and Boozer do, year in and year out. Also, he has to show that he can post and hit a jumpshot consistently, if he wants the sort of money he has been asking for.

The guys you're talking about are proven all-stars, Olympians. Lee has yet to prove himself to be on their level, especially when it comes to playoff competition, where the intensity of play will definitely destroy his weak layup-based offensive game.

If, for example, Bosh wants 15, and Lee asks for 10, I'll take Bosh.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Lee is making 7 million this year. He will probably raise his price to 10-12 million a year. There is no way he is worth that much, I don't care how loyal he is. Only recently have we seen his level of defense rise (just slightly) but still he retorts back to "NO-D LEE" on many occasions (not jumping for blocks, does not rotate, does not contest jump shots.) He is a complimentary player at best. There is no way he should be one of the Knicks "big three," especially if we can go after players like Bosh, Wade, Johnson, Lebron, Amare, nowitzki, josh smith, chris paul, etc. in the coming years.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Lee is making 7 million this year. He will probably raise his price to 10-12 million a year. There is no way he is worth that much, I don't care how loyal he is. Only recently have we seen his level of defense rise (just slightly) but still he retorts back to "NO-D LEE" on many occasions (not jumping for blocks, does not rotate, does not contest jump shots.) He is a complimentary player at best. There is no way he should be one of the Knicks "big three," especially if we can go after players like Bosh, Wade, Johnson, Lebron, Amare, nowitzki, josh smith, chris paul, etc. in the coming years.

I agree...it all comes down to price. If he wants the same money as Bosh than he is delusional. That said if he does keep hitting his jumper and steps up the help defense like he is doing he has to be one of the best PF's in the league. New does not always mean better!

BTW, the fact that he is a complimentary player is exactly why he would be perfect along side a Lebron caliber player.

metrocard

Legend
If Lee was a shot blocker....you guys would be sucking him off...he practically averages 20 and 10 on 60% FG, low on turnovers, and can really be a wizard offensively (knows how to position himself in every offensive play, always in the right place at the right time...underrated in moving without the ball)

Lee right now is better then Amare, more efficient at a cheaper price and more durable.

I just wish Lee worked with a shot blocking coach or something.

Work on his timing.

Strengthen his glutes, quads, and hamstrings so he can leap high and more powerful.

If I was David Lee's personal trainer, the man would average

22 ppg from more explosive lower body power in the paint
13 rpg, once again from explosive power along with his rebound skills
2 bpg
63% FG
80% FT

MVP Big Man.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
If Lee was a shot blocker....you guys would be sucking him off...he practically averages 20 and 10 on 60% FG, low on turnovers, and can really be a wizard offensively (knows how to position himself in every offensive play, always in the right place at the right time...underrated in moving without the ball)

Lee right now is better then Amare, more efficient at a cheaper price and more durable.

Must be the holiday season but I agree 100%.

One would have to assume that any explosive leg exercise or circuits you would do with Lee has to already be done. His calves are huge and he can leap high for a white boy.

metrocard

Legend
Must be the holiday season but I agree 100%.

One would have to assume that any explosive leg exercise or circuits you would do with Lee has to already be done. His calves are huge and he can leap high for a white boy.

Theres more that can be done.

http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_...raining_performance/dispelling_the_glute_myth

Glute activation can help can athlete in so many ways. I increased my vertical leap 5 inches with this hip thrust exercise that does wonders.

I give a personalization exercise program for Lee, and we have a monster on our hands.

Lee has all the skills you need, he just needs more physical attributes.

metro you are telling me that you are more efficient at training professional athletes than greg brittenham haha. The dude is a world class trainer.

stop it. Lee just cannot block shots because he does not have that part of his game

Asimov

Benchwarmer
Lee can't block shots because he's guarding 7 footers most of the time. Plus, he's not a high leaper...lol gotta love his jump shot tho. Reminds me of Kurt Thomas

mafra

Legend
With LEE starting to actually make an impact late in the 4th quarter the last few games... I'm starting to believe. Is it b/c of a contract? Matchups? Who knows.

BUT, if we had a legit C than Lee would be fine.

Lebron-Lee working the pick-n-roll would be lethal, especially with Gallo waiting to pop a 3.

metrocard

Legend
metro you are telling me that you are more efficient at training professional athletes than greg brittenham haha. The dude is a world class trainer.

stop it. Lee just cannot block shots because he does not have that part of his game

You're a clown...
My services provide results.
You couldn't last a second in my worldbitch, you're my not man enough to step into my realm.

Just kidding, I wanted to go Mike Tyson a bit.

I don't know who the hell that is, but I damn for sure know my training produces results and progressions.

Lee has a game? Nonsense. Shotblocking is an INABILITY for him. We need to increase his physical attributes to make it an ABILITY....once we tone that up, with repitition, it becomes a SKILL. Lee can easily be a good shot blocking just for the price of $45 cash per session.

ANU

Starter
I've said recently that i respect his recent improvement, however, the guy's defense is trash.there's no denying that.and its not like he can't be a decent defender the guy has good feet and good hands.he, for some reason absolutely refuses too.personally i'd rather have lee for his money(8 10 mill range), than bosh or amar'e for theirs(which most think is max).but he needs to improve his defense.

if lee was a bull, that team would be in a hell of alot better shape having a lee-noah frontline.