Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: D'ant regrets coming to NY - Hill is a stiff

Veteran

Originally Posted by Arod2k9
    [B]Are you really going to compare a 5 year veteran in Lee with a rookie?
    i was commenting on your statement ''Hill is the perfect power forward. Hill can shoot, block shoots, contest shoots, dive in the floor, put backs with authority.''

i don't know much about hill, but you say he can shoot, and despite lee's recent 'hot-streak', he is useless past a 5ft jumper.... hill can block shots, contest shots... the next block or contested shot will be lee's 1st..or is it his 2nd of the year.... so if hill can do all u say, rookie or not, he should be in there getting playing time...

Originally Posted by paris401
    i was commenting on your statement ''Hill is the perfect power forward. Hill can shoot, block shoots, contest shoots, dive in the floor, put backs with authority.''

i don't know much about hill, but you say he can shoot, and despite lee's recent 'hot-streak', he is useless past a 5ft jumper.... hill can block shots, contest shots... the next block or contested shot will be lee's 1st..or is it his 2nd of the year.... so if hill can do all u say, rookie or not, he should be in there getting playing time...
    With time Hill will show those skills, I'm not saying he should be playing over Lee at this time. Hill is a project and everyone knows that, just as David Lee was a few years ago. David Lee is putting up all star numbers this season and there is possibility for him to vault at the end of the season. That's where Hill comes into the picture and has the opportunity to show what he can do and I hope and think that he will do well.

Am I mad that Hill is not playing and Bender is? Yes I'm even if we are winning I want to see what Hill can do. Deep down Donnie has to be pissed off that his 8th and 29th selection are not playing very much at all. Just the 29th selection was worth 3 million dollars to acquire from the Lakers. It just doesn't make any sense to give so many damn minutes to Duhon and play Bender over Hill. I don't think our rookies are that bad to be at the end of the dept chart.

Veteran

With time Hill will show those skills, I'm not saying he should be playing over Lee at this time. Hill is a project and everyone knows that, just as David Lee was a few years ago. David Lee is putting up all star numbers this season and there is possibility for him to vault at the end of the season. That's where Hill comes into the picture and has the opportunity to show what he can do and I hope and think that he will do well.

Am I mad that Hill is not playing and Bender is? Yes I'm even if we are winning I want to see what Hill can do. Deep down Donnie has to be pissed off that his 8th and 29th selection are not playing very much at all. Just the 29th selection was worth 3 million dollars to acquire from the Lakers. It just doesn't make any sense to give so many damn minutes to Duhon and play Bender over Hill. I don't think our rookies are that bad to be at the end of the dept chart.
    i do agree with ya... we are building for the future, we have no past, and no present, so our young guys should be getting mins... duhon is not our future.. maybe toney /hill is or isn;t but if u don't play em, u will never know...

Default Damntoni

Originally Posted by mafra
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Originally Posted by mafra
    NEW YORK – In the lowest of the losing, Mike D’Antoni delivered history lessons to the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. Only the Knicks coach wasn’t pitching the past of Madison Square Garden, Red Holzman and Clyde Frazier and Willis Reed, but a self-proclaimed genius born of the desert sun. Before his players, sources say, D’Antoni had started down the don’t-you-know-who-I-am route and recited his résumé of 60-victory seasons and scoring records and revolutionary basketball.

He let it be known, too, that the non-believers among them should feel free to march into Donnie Walsh’s office and demand his dismissal. More than one Knick privately laughed that they didn’t know there was an “I” in coach.
    This is why Damntoni is an a-hole, why Marbury was benched for the season, and why N8 is not going to play. Damntoni has a holier-than-thou attitude, and he is a stuck-up snob. He feels he's ALWAYS right, and if the team has faults, he'll never EVER admit to them being his fault (ie: lame substitutions, benching players in his doghouse, regardless of what they can bring to the table, poor use of shot clock, bad plays out of time outs, NO DEFENSE in the SSOL).

Damntoni thinks he is better than others and his attitude is ALWAYS condescending. Case in point, going off on the reporter who asked about N8 sitting recently, Damntoni admitted to Duhon being the only guy who could run the team, and N8 minutes would take away from Gallo. This love of Duhon is killing the Knicks, he is going to burn out again, we're already seeing this in every loss... Duhon doesn't perform, Knicks lose. Damntoni is putting all his eggs in one basket named Duhon and an 8-man rotation. Not making use of Douglas, N8 and Hill is going to make the Knicks tired losers and not playoff contenders.

Thanks Mafra, for putting this out there, it is so true.

Without Steve Nash and Amare Stoudmire type players running and gunning his team, Damntoni is a loser coach.

This team needs a better PG and they will address their go to guy this offseason. Other than that I'm happy with what they have. I think if Bron comes into town this summer and Harrington and Hughes will not mind taking a 1 year deal like N8 and Dlee did for a chance at a title, we'll be ok.

HILL is fine. We could send him to the D-League to play, but he's probably learning more just practicing and being around the pros, to be honest.

They knew Jordan Hill would not contribute this year when they drafted him. Especially given the depth at his position ahead of him. He's a project. He has tremendous offensive potential, and is an ideal PF/C in D'ant's system.

The goal right now is to be competitie and make a run at the playoffs.... To play the vets.... and, at the worst, try to drive up the prices of some of these guys.... try to get something-anything that will help us next year (and beyond). AND, it wont hurt if we can dump Jeffries.

Bender was brought in b/c he could be a steal next year- be a nice, cheap body to come in off the bench and score some points. It's definitely worth bringing him in and giving him 12-17 minutes a game right now.

PLUS, he's insurance for when we deal Al Harrington and/or Jared Jeffries. Just a nother body to help out if we are, indeed, in a playoff push.

I can GUARANTEE you that things will change when the deadline passes.

Right now, we clearly want the offense to run through the pick-n-roll with Duhon and Lee. From there, the ball should go through Chandler & Gallo. In essence, the core of this team is Lee-Gallo-Chandler...

Harrington is the 6th man, scoring guy coming off the bench. Jeffries is the grunt and defensive stopper; HUghes gets his minutes when we need to rest people, and Bender gets his shot.

7-8 man rotation has helped this "winning streak." We;ve had the best month in almost 10 years. I get it and I think it's working.

AFter the trade deadline, I expect Douglas to take over the Hughes role, and Curry-Hill will start to get their chance again to contribute.

N8 fell in LB's doghouse, then IT's and now MD has had enough of him. A shame really.