Does anyone feel sorry for the Nets?

johnstarky

Rotation player
I know I don't feel sorry for them being 2-27.

When they had Jason Kidd,Richard Jefferson, K-mart and were making NBA finals appearances they were the big shots of the tri-state area while the Knicks were 2nd rate to them.Now they're the worst team in the NBA and the laughing stock of professional sports behind the Detroit Lions and the Pittsburgh Pirates.

What a difference a couple of seasons make.It's not like the Knicks are that much better than they are but it kind of feels good to know that the Knicks have finally moved ahead of them.Hopefully the Knicks can compete with the Yankees for main headlines once they become a playoff team again.

I heard that the Nets were one step closer to their Brooklyn arena project.I really hope that they don't move to New York City and I hope that they stay in New Jersey for the rest of their existence.NY doesn't need another NBA team and they definitely don't need to build a new arena for the Nets

As for the Nets being 2-27, they definitely will land themselves John Wall if they continue in the pace that they're in right now.I guess that is why it seems like they're losing these games on purpose.With the young talent that they have they're a much better team than what their record shows people.Bruce Ratner must be salivating at the idea of the Nets drafting a top College player and rebuilding his organization out of today's college elite.Even if Lebron James doesn't sign with the Nets in the off season you cannot be in complete despair if you're a Nets fan.

Every New York Knick fan that grew up loving the Knicks and hating the Nets should continue being apathetic towards the Nets and their struggles.I personally would love to watch New Jersey go 2-80 the rest of the season.Even though I happen to admire Brook Lopez,Devin Harris, Yi Jianlian, and the Net announcers I cannot feel sorry for a team that wants to give the Knicks competition in their own city.

Last edited:

Paul1355

All Star
I obviously feel sorry for guys like Devin Harris, Douglas Roberts, and Brook Lopez who are legit players who are stuck in a rut for a long season.

I do not feel sorry for the Nets management who allowed this horrible season to take place.

Any GM and Owner should be fired after having a 2-27 season. The NBA should make a rule that if a team sucks so bad that whoever owns it has to give up their rights to the team.

Wouldn't that solve most problems with struggling teams?

johnstarky

Rotation player
I obviously feel sorry for guys like Devin Harris, Douglas Roberts, and Brook Lopez who are legit players who are stuck in a rut for a long season.

I do not feel sorry for the Nets management who allowed this horrible season to take place.

Any GM and Owner should be fired after having a 2-27 season. The NBA should make a rule that if a team sucks so bad that whoever owns it has to give up their rights to the team.

Wouldn't that solve most problems with struggling teams?

That rule could of prevented the Knicks from being the most poorly run franchise in the NBA throughout this decade.

I like that rule a lot better than the NBA salary cap because the NBA salary cap does nothing to get rid of horrible team ownership and management which are the real causes of a team finishing every season with a losing record.

It's one of the most depressing things to be a fan of a team that is owned by a front office of corporate know nothings or a body of individuals that have little passion of building a championship contender.

When James Dolan took over the Knicks I kind of had an inkling that the ship was going to start sinking for the Knicks and that they were going to be a terrible organization for years to come.

I am trying not to turn this into another James Dolan thread but I think that what has happened to the Knicks in recent years should be a good example of the mistakes that any NBA owner should avoid commiting, including Bruce Ratner of the New Jersey Nets.

Last edited:

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I don't feel sorry for the Nets. The Nets have more talent and are a better team than the Knicks. Their record is 2-27, because of all the injuries they had, plus the coaching changes and the trading of Vince Carter.
The Nets have lots of capspace, coming into 2010, and they also have a very high draft pick coming to them in 2010. They'll be fine. All the Nets need is a good power forward to replace bum ass Yi Jianlian and they'll be a playoff team again. A forward like Amare Stoudamire, Chris Bosh, Zach Randolph, etc. could definitely get them to the playoffs.

metrocard

Legend
Co-sign with ABCD.

Nets got a 20-10-2blk 21 year old Cuban center with Tim Duncan like skills and potential.

Harris is a great talent, who's maturity is going to be very important....he should try to mold his game after Billups, work on his jumper and not rely on his speed and agility all the time.

CDR and Williams will never be all stars, but they can contribute solid and start if needed. They also have Courtney Lee....but they all are SG/SF with solid skills, but limited potential. Nets should be patient with these guys, they're talented and know how to play. They just had a bad start to the season with the shooting.

at PF, Nets just need a Varejao type player, help box out for Lopez etc.

Most importantly they just need a bench.

Nets got mad cap space, the #1 pick in the NBA draft, how can you feel bad for them?

johnstarky

Rotation player
The Nets might have a lot of cap room after this season but I doubt that free agents will want to play for a team that is at least 3 or 4 years away from competing in the Eastern Conference, unless Lebron James really wants to play for a team that is partially owned by his favorite rapper.

The Knicks are one super star player away from being a 45-50 win team while the Nets are one super star player away from being a 41 win first round exit.I don't see how any free agents would choose to go to the Nets over a team like the Knicks.But 10 years ago nobody thought that Jason Kidd would have no problem getting traded to the Nets in 2001 but would refuse to sign with the Knicks in 2009.The Nets might have Lopez and Harris but ,like you said, they need a bench.A super star player would not automatically make them into one of the elite teams in the NBA.

If John Wall ends up entering the NBA draft next summer and the Nets draft him at number one I think Donnie Walsh should talk to the Nets about Devin Harris.I don't see Wall and Harris playing on the same court together and the Knicks need a point guard.I would probably offer New Jersey Jordan Hill or Jared Jeffries and a 2011 first round pick for Harris.It might be a long shot for Walsh but he can at least try.

Last edited:

johnstarky

Rotation player
Does anyone felt sorry about sacramento 1-2 years ago ? Look now how competitive team they are!

I didn't feel sorry for them back then because they were a bad team that didn't have any future hope, I felt sorry for them because they were playing in the same division as the Lakers.

milchshake

Benchwarmer
I mean we should think about nets rather like a potential danger in the nearly future. What's worst when they are trying to make profanation move to NY. How blasphemous could be their promotion over the knicks in the division standings in that case ? I can't even imagine that. No sorry for sick ideas of russian billionaire.

iSaYughh

Starter
I envy the Nets. A young, beast C; a young PG with proven skills; mad cap space; likely John Wall/#1 pick. Even if every single other player on their team was worthless (which they aren't), they'd be a far superior franchise to our Knicks.

They are a shtty team, but a franchise in good health. It's not bad to have a bad team -- that's how the great ones invariably get built.

e.g. having Al Harrington go 20pg for us is worthless, and probably counter-productive, unless we trade him. The stats are overblown, and he means nothing to our future, or even our present since our very future is so utterly compromised.

It's bad to have a Frankenstein for a team, like we do, which ruins everything, and you can't lose like a champion.