in "no shit sherlock" news:nike hoping lebron lands in new york?

ANU

Starter
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/63628/20091225/nike_hoping_lebron_lands_in_new_york/
Where LeBron James decides to sign as a free agent will have an effect on more than the NBA. Mike Lupica of the New York Daily News wrote on Sunday that Nike is hoping one of their main spokesmen lands with the Knicks.
"I am hearing," a sports, a mogul-type told the Daily News, "that Nike wants LeBron in New York even more than ever, because of Tiger."
Tiger Woods' recent media scandal is bound to have an effect on his marketability.
"And the reason they want it more than ever is because they know Tiger is going to continue to regress. That there's going to be a void to fill, even when he comes back and starts winning," the source added.
THANKS TIGA, you stupid bastard!:gony:

robert56

Benchwarmer
Hope and wish all you want Lebron is not coming to New York next year. He'll stay in Cleveland. What do we have to bring him here? A Championship quality team? A Championship coach?

metrocard

Legend
Hope and wish all you want Lebron is not coming to New York next year. He'll stay in Cleveland. What do we have to bring him here? A Championship quality team? A Championship coach?

Lee and Gallinari > Everything Cleveland has without LeBron.

Put LeBron on the Knicks > Cavs without LeBron
LeBron with Cavs > Knicks without LeBron.

Simple adding and subtracting.

The 2nd most important player in Cleveland is Varejao, probably the best post defender in the NBA, he stops a lot of points in the paint, and proves you don't need to be a monster shot blocking to defend.

Cleveland is nothing special...

Mo Williams plays no defense and really is no different from Nate, Nate is probably better.

Anthony Parker is solid, but has equal production to Larry Hughes

Wilson Chandler > Moon

Lee > Hickson, Varejao's production..though Varejao's defense is very valuable

Gallinari, Harrington....too much production that will increase LeBron's assist numbers probably to 9.

Shaq, Big Z aren't really guys LeBron can play with, LeBron isn't a half court kind of guy, his game is running and blasting to the basket.

We get a solid PG
LeBron at SG or SF
Find a defensive SG/SF
Gallinari at PF
Lee at C

But for 2010

Douglas
Chandler
LeBron
Gallinari
Lee

or

Douglas
James
Gallo
Lee
Hill

robert56

Benchwarmer
Lee and Gallinari > Everything Cleveland has without LeBron.

Put LeBron on the Knicks > Cavs without LeBron
LeBron with Cavs > Knicks without LeBron.

Simple adding and subtracting.

The 2nd most important player in Cleveland is Varejao, probably the best post defender in the NBA, he stops a lot of points in the paint, and proves you don't need to be a monster shot blocking to defend.

Cleveland is nothing special...

Mo Williams plays no defense and really is no different from Nate, Nate is probably better.

Anthony Parker is solid, but has equal production to Larry Hughes

Wilson Chandler > Moon

Lee > Hickson, Varejao's production..though Varejao's defense is very valuable

Gallinari, Harrington....too much production that will increase LeBron's assist numbers probably to 9.

Shaq, Big Z aren't really guys LeBron can play with, LeBron isn't a half court kind of guy, his game is running and blasting to the basket.

We get a solid PG
LeBron at SG or SF
Find a defensive SG/SF
Gallinari at PF
Lee at C

But for 2010

Douglas
Chandler
LeBron
Gallinari
Lee

or

Douglas
James
Gallo
Lee
Hill

We'll need more than what we have now to get Lebron to come here. It isn't just simply add and subtract. Our supporting cast just isn't enough, who else would we need in order to get Lebron. IF he does not win a Championship this season he is going to want to go to a team that will win it next year, not the year after. Lebron wants his ring now.

ANU

Starter
do i think lebron will come here next year? i don't know.and neither do you.none of the teams that can pay him next year, including the cavs are championship worthy.could we be closer than any other team? maybe.miami has the capspace to pay lebron and wade as well as a sign and trade for bosh, question is, how the hell are they going to play with only 6 players on the roster? by signing nbdl scrubs?lebron is not going to miami.

dre48ny

Rotation player
We'll need more than what we have now to get Lebron to come here. It isn't just simply add and subtract. Our supporting cast just isn't enough, who else would we need in order to get Lebron. IF he does not win a Championship this season he is going to want to go to a team that will win it next year, not the year after. Lebron wants his ring now.

Actually I think LeBron can play with Dlee, Gallo, Chandler, Jefferies, and Douglas. If they can't trade Jefferies and Curry without giving up gallo, then we just wait for their contracts to expire or trade them in the summer as they are expiring contracts for a legitimate superstar in a team with financial problems a la New Orleans. I really think our supporting cast is as good as Cleveland's. I think that if Harrington and Hughes resign for 1 year they are legit contenders, then I would like to aim for Tony parker in 2011.

2010 if we can't trade Jefferies or Curry

Douglas/Hughes
Chandler/Hughes/Harrington
LeBron/Harrington/Gallinari
Gallinari/Lee/Hill
Lee/Jefferies/Curry

10 man rotation, currently using 8. The rest can be throw ins to fill the roster a la Bender.

Parker/Douglas
Chandler/Draft pick
LeBron/Gallinari
Gallinari/Hill
Lee/Hill/Draft pick

If they do trade Jefferis and Curry then obviously they will have 2 superstars in 2010, i'm just playing worst case scenario and i think they can contend.

Tony Parker in D'antoni's system plus LeBron, Gallo, Chandler, and Lee is fine with me!

robert56

Benchwarmer
do i think lebron will come here next year? i don't know.and neither do you.none of the teams that can pay him next year, including the cavs are championship worthy.could we be closer than any other team? maybe.miami has the capspace to pay lebron and wade as well as a sign and trade for bosh, question is, how the hell are they going to play with only 6 players on the roster? by signing nbdl scrubs?lebron is not going to miami.

While I do not know where Lebron is going next year, no one does, I doubt he'll come here. I do beileve that the Cavs have a better chance at winning the championship than we do even if we had Lebron. Is it going to be all about the money or about winnign with Lebron? I think he wants to win more than he wants the biggest paycheck.

Lebron in Miami? Doubt he would go there either, better chance of Wade leaving Miami than Lebron going there.

ANU

Starter
lol.it doesn't appear to be about money for him.coincidentally, the cavs can offer him the most money.the cavs also have zero capspace.you think lebron has a better chance at a championship with shaq fossil fuel? lol. the cavs have as good a chance at retaining him as we do in getting him.

if its about winning then he'd join wade in miami.i mean, why not? its miami.

maybe its about him winning his way, on the biggest stage in the world.

nice try cavs fan.

Paul1355

All Star
lol.it doesn't appear to be about money for him.coincidentally, the cavs can offer him the most money.the cavs also have zero capspace.you think lebron has a better chance at a championship with shaq fossil fuel? lol. the cavs have as good a chance at retaining him as we do in getting him.

nice try cavs fan.
Lebron would make more from endorsements in NY than he would with a max contract in Cleavland.

robert56

Benchwarmer

nice try cavs fan.
I sure hope you are not calling me a Cavs fan, I. hate them just about as much as I hate the lakers and as for shaq he'll retire soon.

ANU

Starter
Lebron would make more from endorsements in NY than he would with a max contract in Cleavland.
that might be the case, but its not by a ridiculous amount.its all about winning on his own terms.the cavs ****ed themselves out of it.