Spurs @ Knicks 27/12/09

smokes

Huge Member
Hm no one made a game thread so here it is...

Nothing to say really just a topic for discussion on the game:gony:

metrocard

Legend
18343_103166916376881_100000507204512_75519_6608829_n.jpg

JETS = PLAYOFFS!!!

iSaYughh

Starter
How classy of Dudonkey to miss those two FTs, followed by bricking a 3 in crunchtime all within a two pt. game.

And the then-galvanized Spurs start storming ahead.

Lee and Gallo look damn good, though, especially Gallo showing that slashing talent more n more.

johnstarky

Rotation player
Looks like another last couple of minute 4th Quarter meltdown by the Knicks.

At least the Knicks are contributing to the emotions of many NBA fans by helping the teams that they root for win.

The Knicks made a lot of Heat fans happy on Christmas day by losing to them and they are pleasing a lot of Spurs fans today by doing the same.

As long as the Knicks are in the league they make the other 29 teams better.

Every Knick loss makes thousands of people happy and as long as they're happy this world is a better place.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Looks like another last couple of minute 4th Quarter meltdown by the Knicks.

At least the Knicks are contributing to the emotions of many NBA fans by helping the teams that they root for win.

The Knicks made a lot of Heat fans happy on Christmas day by losing to them and they are pleasing a lot of Spurs fans today by doing the same.

As long as the Knicks are in the league they make the other 29 teams better.

Every Knick loss makes thousands of people happy and as long as they're happy this world is a better place.

Stop. Just stop....

iSaYughh

Starter
The meltdown was spearheaded and carried out by Duhon. The rest of the team was dealing, the crowd was in the game, the team was competing and on the cusp of getting a win. Gallo and Lee were looking ruthless.

Fitting that Duhon's missed layup officially sealed the L.

johnstarky

Rotation player
Stop. Just stop....

Do you expect Knick fans to bring out their pom poms and say,"Oh wow, what a wonderful point guard that Chris Duhon is" ?

Or have a smile on their faces after they watched their team play another 36 minutes of basketball?

I am trying to be positive and look at the glass half full.

Even though I desire for the Knicks to be a competitive team, you cannot get upset when a fan reacts a different way than how you react towards losing.

Maybe you have no problem with rooting for a team that's played 9 straight seasons of losing basketball but when a team that I root for does things to lose a close basketball game it exasperates me.

With the young talent that they have along with the veteran coach that they have the Knicks are a team that should have a better record than 11-19.

There should be no excuses when you are playing at home against a tired team that's in their second game of a back to back.The Spurs might be a better team than the Knicks but they're very beatable.

When I criticize the Knicks it's for a good reason.I don't write these things just because I want to be a negative Nancy.

I've been a fan of the Knicks for 15 years and when they lose winnable games I will voice out my honest opinion.

I know it's in our human nature to get upset at those who seem the most cynical but it's even more frustrating when your team goes on losing streaks after it seemed like they were turning their season around.

Last edited:

johnstarky

Rotation player
The meltdown was spearheaded and carried out by Duhon. The rest of the team was dealing, the crowd was in the game, the team was competing and on the cusp of getting a win. Gallo and Lee were looking ruthless.

Fitting that Duhon's missed layup officially sealed the L.

I don't have anything against Duhon because I know that he is trying hard but he is a league wide bum and should be on another team backing up other point guards.

CoolClyde

Duhound is Amazing!!

Although Duhound made his first points halfway thru the 3rd quarter
(4 points in 37 minutes!) he did have 13 assists, and seemed to come alive
by driving the lane, but he f*cking sucks, missing layups like that.

Another sh*t game for Hughes and Futurama man, total wastes of space tonite.

David Lee, another great game. he's playing like an All-Star...
Gallo doing all the intangibles.
Jefferies? feh. wtf was up with that quarter-ending 3? Duhound!

The Knicks are a pretty good 3-quarter team with 8-man rotation,
I have to hand it to Damntoni.

I watched the Damntoni show before pre-game, and I understand where he's coming from
benching N8 and others. Nothing personal, just stupid.

Not playing N8, Douglas and Hill is a BIG MISTAKE.
Not playing Curry, who cares?

To live and die by Duhound, that is the story. Peckerhead!

Hound_Duhon.jpg

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
chris duhorrible/dudonkey/dudu has time after time again rightfully earned our nicknames. he is so ****ing useless that hes unwatchable. many educated and casual fans even know the knicks would be good if they had a DECENT pg. this guy blows, my sunday was amazing until i cancelled my night plans to watch this game nd chris DUDU shit up the arena during clutch time. how many ****ing layups did he miss?? wtf? how the **** do you miss as many layups as this guy? its really scary man that hes this bad, like seriously he needs to get benched, its just scary how bad he is.

great game by lee, he should be going to the all star game
another good game by gallo, who is on a severe cold stretch but has started to ATTACK the basket and get to the free throw line, a sure sign of future stardom.

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
The Knicks are a pretty good 3-quarter team with 8-man rotation,
I have to hand it to Damntoni.

I watched the Damntoni show before pre-game, and I understand where he's coming from
benching N8 and others. Nothing personal, just stupid.

Not playing N8, Douglas and Hill is a BIG MISTAKE.
Not playing Curry, who cares?

To live and die by Duhound, that is the story. Peckerhead!

The more I watch and listen to d'antoni the less I can stand the guy. He's full of it and insensitive to his players who prefers to embarrassed them. Marbury, Robinson, Curry, Milicic, have been degraded by this guy. All of these situations with the players should been handled differently but sadly they weren't. We have two first round picks that don't get playing time, which makes me sick to my stomach. I really feel sorry for this players and to see them in the bench how embarrassed they look.

Going into this season I was really looking forward to see the growth of Jordan Hill, Toney Douglas, Darko Milicic, but our idiot coach is sucking the dick of our expiring players. I thought it was about the future of our team and not the future of players who haven't accomplish shit on this league.

YanksKnicks86

Benchwarmer
It saddens me that this team is so hot and cold.They win 4 in in a row and shit the bed, Win 3 in a row then lose 2 here, I hate working 2-11pm missing the game just to come home, go on NBA.Com and see they lost. :eek:hboy:

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
It saddens me that this team is so hot and cold.They win 4 in in a row and shit the bed, Win 3 in a row then lose 2 here, I hate working 2-11pm missing the game just to come home, go on NBA.Com and see they lost. :eek:hboy:

im jst glad we got winning streaks...after the "he who shall not be named" era any winning streak is good to me. i just want this decade to end

Kiyaman

Legend
Sad

Did someone say we are a......44 minute team. Although, I would put it as a 36 minute team with a DNP creative-player missing in action that makes this Knick-team a group of decent closers in a 12 minute 4th quarter.

All the many different negative names Duhon has picked-up this season and within the last two games for his performance goes without saying.....he has become the Knicks "entire" backcourt guard rotation for 48 mpg.
Our guards situation are Nate DNP, Douglas DNP or 6 mpg, and Hughes playingtime has decrease to 14 mpg.
It's impossible to play .500 B-Ball with just one guard....we won 4 games with Duhon & Hughes averaging 30 minutes a piece.

Coach Pop played-us with his average 9-Man rotation where each (9) players gets 20 or more mpg.
The Spurs second season PG-George Hill look like he could've took over if Parker was tired from the back to back game. Ginobli did not break a sweat in this game, we did not have anyone with the potential to defend him.
And "Roger Mason" depth off the bench was to much for us to handle if coach Pop would not have stopped their "run n gun" game.

I LUV a winning Knick team.....but to watch season after season of a losing Knick team based on a "divided lockerroom of players" or "coach vs players episode" each season is getting out of hand.

Last edited: