David Lee's recent success is bitter sweet for The Knicks

Paul1355

All Star
Umm, Curry maybe....but no way we move David Lee just to get rid of Jefferies unless that team gives us a young PG or SG in return
Lee and Jeffries for one decent big man that can play defense is all we need. We have scorers, we need guys like Gallo to shoot more instead of Jeffries and Lee throwing up all the buckets.

Hill needs playing time NOW. We are over loaded with over priced big men.

pat

Starter
We have scorers, we need guys like Gallo to shoot more instead of Jeffries and Lee throwing up all the buckets.

What are you talking about? Lee shoots 0.573 per cent from the field. He has improved his outside shot and he is a solid free throw shooter. His shot-taking habits are not a problem. He is liability on defense but that could be hidden by adding a defensively-minded big man, like a less expensive and stronger version of Jeffries.

Listen, as well as Lee is playing, and I do thin he may be all star deserving, he still does not jump to block shots and if he plays a bonafied big, its just a trade basket affair. Let's be real, if we swap Lee for Bosh, we get the better player. If lee is gonna command Bosh money (can't see how since Bosh is the center piece for his team, where Lee is not) Then I suggest we try and trade him now before the deadline rather than wait and see what happens with Lebron first. Lebron will first off not sign unless the Knicks have signed a lee or bosh to play with. You can forget it. And secondly, Lebron will absolutely take his time with any and all negotiations, especially if it involves leaving Cle.

My take on it is either Sign Lee to a deal that won't put ya over the cap before the season ends, or just Go for Bosh who is definitely not staying in Toronto. Bosh may even backload his contract, knowing we're aiming for Bron as well. Bosh>>>Lee, let's be real. If we like what Lee is doing, We'll love what Bosh will bring. I think him wanting out of TO, will mae his contract more reasonable. To me, this guy needs to be a priority, regardless to whether Lee stays, or Lebron does not come. A lee, Bosh front line with Gallo and Chandler coming on would be really strong. Really strong.

By the way, a few of us were throwing this aroun dat the barbershop the other day. And it dawned on us that the reason we have passed on so many pgs and such in draft or fa, is because d'antoni wants a certain type of player there. meanwhile, they keep drafting forwards who can shoot and score off the dribble. That leads me to believe that they wish Lebron to play pg. He certainly has the ability to do so. there would be no reason in my mind why LB can't play pg in this league. Has the handle, speed and he always looks to set up teammates. In this offense, he'd be Magic Johnson on steriods.

just a thought.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Bosh for Lee would be a no brainer. Bosh can produce what Lee does and more plus play better defense. If Lee wants 11 mil I would immediately see what Bosh's status is first. Lee's defense will always be exposed in the playoffs.

Think about it, Oakley was less offensive and athletic than Lee BUT his value is far greater because he guarded the basket with pride which helped the team to win close games on most nights.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Bosh for Lee would be a no brainer. Bosh can produce what Lee does and more plus play better defense. If Lee wants 11 mil I would immediately see what Bosh's status is first. Lee's defense will always be exposed in the playoffs.

Think about it, Oakley was less offensive and athletic than Lee BUT his value is far greater because he guarded the basket with pride which helped the team to win close games on most nights.

Agreed but everyone forgets that Lee is playing out of position at center. If he played at PF with a good defending Center next to him we would be fine defensively.

paris401

Starter
=. He is liability on defense but that could be hidden by adding a defensively-minded big man, like a less expensive and stronger version of Jeffries.

ugly makes 6.4m... exactly where do u propose that we get 'less expensive' big man???

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
ugly makes 6.4m... exactly where do u propose that we get 'less expensive' big man???

So does DeSagana Diop (6 mill this year ) but just because some stupid GM's gave them way more than what they deserve doesen't mean that we can get someone better for less.

Look what C Anderson (nugets) or Perkins (celtics) make.

paris401

Starter
So does DeSagana Diop (6 mill this year ) but just because some stupid GM's gave them way more than what they deserve doesen't mean that we can get someone better for less.

Look what C Anderson (nugets) or Perkins (celtics) make.

so the idea is to sign a big like a perkins for the next 5years??? , or maybe diop for the next 4years???

pat

Starter

All I am trying to say is that there is a lot of Jeffries bashing going on. I like what he can do on defense. In order to throw a max contract on a Lebron or Wade, and keep Lee, we need someone who -- IDEALLY -- is less expensive than Jeffries but does what Jeffries can do + is stronger in order to guard big bodies like Howard, Perkins, Bynum etc. Maybe there is something to be found in the second round in next year's draft ;)

ANU

Starter
knicks trade: lee,hill,jeffires, and robinson

washington trades:mcgee,james,miller

pg::?
sg::?
sf:chandler
pf:gallinari
c:mcgee

it would be awesome for our future if this trade happened.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud

im not hating on ur suggestion, i just see this as extremely unlikely. wizards are probably now in "improve for the future" mode now that agent zero ****ed them over. they'll prob look to unload butler and jamison, and keep mcgee has their center for the future. hes shown glimpses of star dom, but as many young big men hes never consistent.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee

I love this trade and have said exactly the same thing. I dunno whether it'd happen though.. Do the numbers work?

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer

That is just an awful trade suggestion, wow can't believe people would even consider this deal. Just Lee by himself is worth more than those three Wizards players. Never been a Lee fan but dammit the guy is playing amazing this season on the offensive end. BTW, Shame on you for even giving up so fast on Hill...:?

ANU

Starter
I love this trade and have said exactly the same thing. I dunno whether it'd happen though.. Do the numbers work?
yeah it works on espn trade machine.

mcgee gets 8 minutes a game down there.grunfeld doesn't know what the **** he's doing.first dealing the fifth pick which ended up being rubio, then signing a player coming off an injury to a contract like that.but that team really isn't in as bad a spot as most would think.they can deal both jamison and butler and get either a pick or a young player along with capspace.they could have anywhere from 20 to 24 mill in capspace(depending on the cap) if they move butler and jamison next season.

and they don't get fleeced in that deal. we would essentially give up two contributors on this team with lee who might be an all star, an offensive spark plug off the bench in nate and a guy with potential in hill.while we get capspace and a young player with upside in return.

ANU

Starter
That is just an awful trade suggestion, wow can't believe people would even consider this deal. Just Lee by himself is worth more than those three Wizards players. Never been a Lee fan but dammit the guy is playing amazing this season on the offensive end. BTW, Shame on you for even giving up so fast on Hill...:?
so 2 people think the wizards get fleeced, and 1 thinks we do.

let me ask you a question.where will all these guys play? i don't want to here shit about d'antoni never using a traditional center.d'antoni has never won an nba championship either.lee is a pf.which is why he gets treated like a ho when he plays defense.i want this team to win a championship.i know you do too.we will not win a championship with lee as our center.not even with james.that's just how it is.when your middle is that vulnerable, you will get exploited. especially in the playoffs.right now, hill is a pf.he's hella frail. in essence we'd be adding by subtracting.so as of right now, we have 1 guy who projects to be a pf(gallo), another who is a pf playing out of position(lee), and another guy who will be if he doesn't get his weight up(hill).

young centers with upsides down get traded often because they are so rare.we get young center in mcgee with upside to pair with gallinari in in frontcourt for the future.

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
^^

I would def like to get McGee but the other 2 are more or less trash. Not sure we should give up Lee, Hill, Nate just so we can get rid of Jeffries and get a good shot blocker but oterwise unproven young player. Besides I think the Wizzards would like to keep their youngs if they going to blow up the rest of the team. Also given time Hill may be as good a shot blocker as McGee but better offensively.
I agree that we wont win a chip with Lee as a center but maybe we can pry a good deffensive center( Okafor) latter on. The Hornets want to get under the luxury so maybe Jeffries + filler or Curry + pick (since they become expirings after the season) will do the trick. Now if we get Okafor at the 5 and Lee at the 4 that will be a hell of front line.

ANU

Starter
yeah i know.but the issue would be giving them a little capsace this year, while they give us 6 mill in capspace (which could put us at 30 mill in capsace) more the following year.

it would pretty much be for us:capspace and mcgee
for them:lee nate and hill