Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: David Lee's recent success is bitter sweet for The Knicks

Originally Posted by Red
    Damn... if it weren't for the beginning of your post, I would think we were talking about David Lee.
    No one is talking about making Lee a number one option like we would with a Bosh or Amare. Point in case...sign an elite next year or wait!

Veteran

Originally Posted by ANU
    the nets and the thunder are 2 teams i can see him going to.nobody is going to want to go to okc (no offense to anyone) or newark.they aren't gonna get anyone good next year without throwing 11 mill plus at a player.we can't pay him that if we expect to sign lebron.
    i agree okc is out of play, but newark/brooklyn... not so sure about that locale..

if u are 'bron, and u look at the knicks roster for next year , it consists of zepole, and wilson... and a bunch of nobody's

looking at the nets, u have brook, and harris... and a bunch of nobody's...

me... i'd go with brook and harris....

Originally Posted by paris401
    i agree okc is out of play, but newark/brooklyn... not so sure about that locale..

if u are 'bron, and u look at the knicks roster for next year , it consists of zepole, and wilson... and a bunch of nobody's

looking at the nets, u have brook, and harris... and a bunch of nobody's...

me... i'd go with brook and harris....
    i don't think they are out of play if they overpay.which they may, or may not.they won't sign any "all stars" so they might.even if presti is a genius.
    Last edited by ANU; Dec 31, 2009 at 10:41.

deal! deal! deal!

Hell no to a potential 12 mil per for Lee! What he scores he gives it up at the other end. Watching Lee play defense is like watching a girl, 13 ****ing blocks in 1,156 minutes so far this season. Jordan Hill has 7 blocks in only 80 minutes.
    Last edited by Arod2k9; Dec 31, 2009 at 20:31.

Jordan Hill should be our future power forward/Center and not Lee, if that doesn't happen I will no longer root for the Knicks.

Veteran

Whether or not one might think Lee should or shouldn't signed, if he isn't re-signed & he isn't traded, it will be (yet another) pathetic and shameful display of organizational incompetence.

Originally Posted by Arod2k9
    Hell no to a potential 12 mil per for Lee! What he scores he gives it up at the other end. Watching Lee play defense is like watching a girl, 13 ****ing blocks in 1,156 minutes so far this season. Jordan Hill has 7 blocks in only 80 minutes.
    that is a startling statistic.smh.
    Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    Whether or not one might think Lee should or shouldn't signed, if he isn't re-signed & he isn't traded, it will be (yet another) pathetic and shameful display of organizational incompetence.
    yeah it would.i like what d lee brought here.he worked his ass off to become the player he's become.but at best where a bottom tier team with him as our centerpiece.

Originally Posted by New New York
    Look, David Lee's agent is drooling at the mouth nowadays!

And Donnie is kicking himself for not locking him up at a 5 yr 40 million dollar deal! Now its going to cost us!

David Lee is probably playing as good as any player in the league over the past few games.

He has added a new element to his game every year! He came back his sophomore year a 80% FT shooter up from 50%, his 3rd season he had to play behind Curry and Randolph and still was the most consistient player on the team, last year he picked up a somewhat reliable jump shot, now he has a pretty reliable jumper, plus a knack for scoring the ball proving he is more than just a rebounder!

David Lee is a testament to work ethic! And outside the mega-stars this off season David will the top FA this summer, the safe bet for Donnie is to sign Lee to extension before the bidding war begins on him
    I guarantee that Lee will be traded if he continues to play this well.

We could use him as our most valuable trade bait and he is only getting better offensively.

Package Lee with Jeffries and we have a deal

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    I guarantee that Lee will be traded if he continues to play this well.

We could use him as our most valuable trade bait and he is only getting better offensively.

Package Lee with Jeffries and we have a deal

Umm, Curry maybe....but no way we move David Lee just to get rid of Jefferies unless that team gives us a young PG or SG in return

Originally Posted by New New York
    Umm, Curry maybe....but no way we move David Lee just to get rid of Jefferies unless that team gives us a young PG or SG in return
    Lee and Jeffries for one decent big man that can play defense is all we need. We have scorers, we need guys like Gallo to shoot more instead of Jeffries and Lee throwing up all the buckets.

Hill needs playing time NOW. We are over loaded with over priced big men.

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    We have scorers, we need guys like Gallo to shoot more instead of Jeffries and Lee throwing up all the buckets.
    What are you talking about? Lee shoots 0.573 per cent from the field. He has improved his outside shot and he is a solid free throw shooter. His shot-taking habits are not a problem. He is liability on defense but that could be hidden by adding a defensively-minded big man, like a less expensive and stronger version of Jeffries.

Veteran

Listen, as well as Lee is playing, and I do thin he may be all star deserving, he still does not jump to block shots and if he plays a bonafied big, its just a trade basket affair. Let's be real, if we swap Lee for Bosh, we get the better player. If lee is gonna command Bosh money (can't see how since Bosh is the center piece for his team, where Lee is not) Then I suggest we try and trade him now before the deadline rather than wait and see what happens with Lebron first. Lebron will first off not sign unless the Knicks have signed a lee or bosh to play with. You can forget it. And secondly, Lebron will absolutely take his time with any and all negotiations, especially if it involves leaving Cle.

My take on it is either Sign Lee to a deal that won't put ya over the cap before the season ends, or just Go for Bosh who is definitely not staying in Toronto. Bosh may even backload his contract, knowing we're aiming for Bron as well. Bosh>>>Lee, let's be real. If we like what Lee is doing, We'll love what Bosh will bring. I think him wanting out of TO, will mae his contract more reasonable. To me, this guy needs to be a priority, regardless to whether Lee stays, or Lebron does not come. A lee, Bosh front line with Gallo and Chandler coming on would be really strong. Really strong.

By the way, a few of us were throwing this aroun dat the barbershop the other day. And it dawned on us that the reason we have passed on so many pgs and such in draft or fa, is because d'antoni wants a certain type of player there. meanwhile, they keep drafting forwards who can shoot and score off the dribble. That leads me to believe that they wish Lebron to play pg. He certainly has the ability to do so. there would be no reason in my mind why LB can't play pg in this league. Has the handle, speed and he always looks to set up teammates. In this offense, he'd be Magic Johnson on steriods.

just a thought.

Bosh for Lee would be a no brainer. Bosh can produce what Lee does and more plus play better defense. If Lee wants 11 mil I would immediately see what Bosh's status is first. Lee's defense will always be exposed in the playoffs.

Think about it, Oakley was less offensive and athletic than Lee BUT his value is far greater because he guarded the basket with pride which helped the team to win close games on most nights.

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    Bosh for Lee would be a no brainer. Bosh can produce what Lee does and more plus play better defense. If Lee wants 11 mil I would immediately see what Bosh's status is first. Lee's defense will always be exposed in the playoffs.

Think about it, Oakley was less offensive and athletic than Lee BUT his value is far greater because he guarded the basket with pride which helped the team to win close games on most nights.
    Agreed but everyone forgets that Lee is playing out of position at center. If he played at PF with a good defending Center next to him we would be fine defensively.