Page 1 of 11 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Futbol*appreciation*thread

Hybrid View

Default Futbol*appreciation*thread

You know I had to keep it real with the name. There ain't no soccer, *****s, its FUTBOL!!!

I decided to make a new futbol thread because the other one is kinda old and lacks the style only I can give it

Anyway, to me, the game of futbol has always been a very unique sport. It takes much skill and determination to become a great futbol player.

I love the game, even though I don't get a chance to play it very often. Basketball is still my first love, but futbol is not far behind.

I'ma be adding videos, pics and stories(bios and futbol news) from time to time. Everyone, feel free to add anything related to futbol. If you got a story you would like to share, go right ahead.

Sometimes I check out youtube for futbol highlights. These two videos I'm putting up are probably the best ones I've seen so far. First one is robinho and the second is ronaldinho.

ROBINHO- Twinkle toes (the intro is a minute long, after that its all highlights)

The legend of Ronaldinho(Mortal Kombat!!! LoL)

Dinho brings back old memories. I was upset he left us to join AC Milan although our current #10 is doing quite well

We got already Africa Cup of Nation, there is few flashy, memorable plays

Suicidal:

<embed src="http://rd3.videos.sapo.pt/play?file=http://rd3.videos.sapo.pt/QP47li0Zm0EiRj6ZIWRI/mov/1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="410" height="276" allowFullScreen="true"></embed>

A trip out of the goalpost:

<embed src="http://rd3.videos.sapo.pt/play?file=http://rd3.videos.sapo.pt/FhvRaWrPTzAu62RP7buU/mov/1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="410" height="276" allowFullScreen="true"></embed>

Incredible:

<embed src="http://rd3.videos.sapo.pt/play?file=http://rd3.videos.sapo.pt/zkwksnDSg56mzOG8hgaV/mov/1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="410" height="281" allowFullScreen="true"></embed>

This things only in African championship.

Originally Posted by milchshake
    We got already Africa Cup of Nation, there is few flashy, memorable plays

This things only in African championship.

Yo, are you in africa?

Originally Posted by SLY1984
    Yo, are you in africa?
    Noooo, i'm sitting on my ass in EU watching eurosport and funny sport videos. I should say Africans got Cup, but we got sth amusing to watch I probably wouldn't go to Angola it's to dangerous, Togo ( with my favourite player ADEBAYOR ) leaves championship after rebels fired on bus with players....
    Last edited by milchshake; Jan 14, 2010 at 03:28.

Originally Posted by th3realicon
    Dinho brings back old memories. I was upset he left us to join AC Milan although our current #10 is doing quite well
    Don't understand why players change their numbers though. I always liked messi with #19.

World Cup coming up soon....USA and Italia!!!

i cant stand watching soccer

The One... The Only... LIONEL MESSI!!!!

MESSIah is now offically the best player to ever grace the planet. Forget Pele and maradona at 22 Lionel has done much more impressive things than both past susperstars. His only silvarware missing from his repertoire is the World Cup that appart from the Rojas i don't see anyone else stepping on his Argentina.

MESSIah is now offically the best player to ever grace the planet. Forget Pele and maradona at 22 Lionel has done much more impressive things than both past susperstars. His only silvarware missing from his repertoire is the World Cup that appart from the Rojas i don't see anyone else stepping on his Argentina.
    That 3 gol performance the other day was INCREDIBLE!!!! I need to get a messi jersey immediately.......

whoah!!!!!!! slow down my friend. Best ever? nowhere near yet.
    He is the best player currently in the world, no doubt but the best ever? lol.

The guy has never done anything on the International stage, he can never go down as the best ever if he cant lead Argentina to World Cup glory and he probably wont. He is not in the same class as Maradona, Pele or even Cruff, Best or Beckenbauer.
    You say he has done more at club level then Maradona etc etc. I would like to see Messi go to a mid table club and carry them cause honestly Barcelona have that many stars you cant compare to Maradona at Napoli.
    Ryan Giggs has done more then Messi, he has won way more league titles and won more European Cups so does that mean Giggs is the best ever?
    No.

Maradona at Napoli had that white stuff always going for him. No wonder he was always 90 mins running.

BVB is perhaps the most entertaining team so far. I would love Barca to play them. What an epic matchup that ought to be.