Page 1 of 27 123456721 ... LastLast

Thread: Futbol*appreciation*thread

Default Futbol*appreciation*thread

You know I had to keep it real with the name. There ain't no soccer, *****s, its FUTBOL!!!

I decided to make a new futbol thread because the other one is kinda old and lacks the style only I can give it

Anyway, to me, the game of futbol has always been a very unique sport. It takes much skill and determination to become a great futbol player.

I love the game, even though I don't get a chance to play it very often. Basketball is still my first love, but futbol is not far behind.

I'ma be adding videos, pics and stories(bios and futbol news) from time to time. Everyone, feel free to add anything related to futbol. If you got a story you would like to share, go right ahead.

Sometimes I check out youtube for futbol highlights. These two videos I'm putting up are probably the best ones I've seen so far. First one is robinho and the second is ronaldinho.

ROBINHO- Twinkle toes (the intro is a minute long, after that its all highlights)

The legend of Ronaldinho(Mortal Kombat!!! LoL)

Dinho brings back old memories. I was upset he left us to join AC Milan although our current #10 is doing quite well

We got already Africa Cup of Nation, there is few flashy, memorable plays

Suicidal:

<embed src="http://rd3.videos.sapo.pt/play?file=http://rd3.videos.sapo.pt/QP47li0Zm0EiRj6ZIWRI/mov/1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="410" height="276" allowFullScreen="true"></embed>

A trip out of the goalpost:

<embed src="http://rd3.videos.sapo.pt/play?file=http://rd3.videos.sapo.pt/FhvRaWrPTzAu62RP7buU/mov/1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="410" height="276" allowFullScreen="true"></embed>

Incredible:

<embed src="http://rd3.videos.sapo.pt/play?file=http://rd3.videos.sapo.pt/zkwksnDSg56mzOG8hgaV/mov/1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="410" height="281" allowFullScreen="true"></embed>

This things only in African championship.

Originally Posted by th3realicon
    Dinho brings back old memories. I was upset he left us to join AC Milan although our current #10 is doing quite well
    Don't understand why players change their numbers though. I always liked messi with #19.

Originally Posted by milchshake
    We got already Africa Cup of Nation, there is few flashy, memorable plays

This things only in African championship.

Yo, are you in africa?

Originally Posted by SLY1984
    Yo, are you in africa?
    Noooo, i'm sitting on my ass in EU watching eurosport and funny sport videos. I should say Africans got Cup, but we got sth amusing to watch I probably wouldn't go to Angola it's to dangerous, Togo ( with my favourite player ADEBAYOR ) leaves championship after rebels fired on bus with players....
    Last edited by milchshake; Jan 14, 2010 at 03:28.

Originally Posted by milchshake
    Noooo, i'm sitting on my ass in EU watching eurosport and funny sport videos. I should say Africans got Cup, but we got sth amusing to watch I probably wouldn't go to Angola it's to dangerous, Togo ( with my favourite player ADEBAYOR ) leaves championship after rebels fired on bus with players....
    EU = Europe? if you there, you're going to be lucky to watch the world cup at normal time. over here in NY the matches are gonna be broadcast live at 3 or 4 in the AM. its crazy.

I remember back in 94 when i had to watch USA94 at similar times. Made the experience even better!

Originally Posted by SLY1984
    EU = Europe? if you there, you're going to be lucky to watch the world cup at normal time. over here in NY the matches are gonna be broadcast live at 3 or 4 in the AM. its crazy.
    hehe that's why i'm watching games on sunday and rarely during the week. For me the earliest game are broadcasting at midnight, sometimes when i got up they'are still playing in the west conference

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

egypt all day every day man, nothing beats the pride i got for my country and team.....we got this african cup and our players are starting to get the respect they need on world level as many of them are being seriously considered and pursued for the premiere league

Shikabala; young (23) agressive midfielder with great precision passing, and aggressive play and great ball control and exceptional shop. soon to be in the premiere league

Gedo; came late onto the scene and almost didnt make the team but has now solidified his spot as a spark on the team; comes in the second half and scores wonders, is a sunderland and blackburn target

then theres ahmed el mohammadi who all his videos are unwatchable on youtube cause of the terms of their use loll, hes 21 and plays defensive midfield dude runs up a storm and is great on freekicks hes a blackburn target and will be in the premiere league very soon, hes called the african beckham loll

then theres amr zaki the bull loll just recently went to hull city after playing great for wigan athletic

Manchester City set to unload Robinho at last with loan move to Santos

Robinho could make his final appearance for Manchester City in the FA Cup tie at S****horpe after club officials sanctioned moves to offload the £32.5 million British record signing on loan to Santos.

Attempts by Man City to re-ignite Barcelona's interest in the Brazil forward by offering him on loan until the end of the season have been met with a cool response from the European champions, who have told City that Robinho is no longer a leading target.
    But Brazilian club Santos, who sold Robinho to Real Madrid for £20 million in 2005, are in talks with City over a short-term move for the 25 year-old.

Although the two clubs remain some distance from agreeing on financial aspects of the deal, which would involve Santos paying a substantial proportion of Robinho's £160,000-a-week wages, sources at City believe a compromise can be reached.
    Manager Roberto Mancini has been dismayed by Robinho's performances since succeeding Mark Hughes at Eastlands and he has informed City's football administrator, Brian Marwood, that he is ready to part with the player.
    Despite making an instant impact at Manchester City following his move from Real in Sept 2008, Robinho scored just three goals in 2009 and he has yet to find the net this season.
    He has done little to assuage the perception that he is unhappy at City, making regular comments about his desire to play for Barcelona, but Mancini's decision to replace Robinho at Everton last Saturday – 51 minutes after introducing him as a substitute – prompted chairman Khaldoon al-Mubarak, chief executive Garry Cook and Marwood to re-evaluate their stance on Robinho's future.
    City are determined to dispense with Robinho on their terms and it has been made clear to him and his representatives that he will not be allowed to leave during this transfer window unless a deal can be struck to City's satisfaction.
    For the first time, though, City have acknowledged that they are prepared to offload the player, who has stressed a desire for first-team football in the build-up to the World Cup.
    With Mancini preparing to rest key players such as Shay Given, Gareth Barry and Carlos Tévez at S****horpe, Robinho could yet figure at Glanford Park after being named in City's travelling squad.
    But having sanctioned the loan of City youngster Vladimir Weiss to Bolton until the end of the season, Mancini admits the prospects of AC Milan midfielder Mathieu Flamini and Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini arriving at Eastlands this month appear slim.
    "Flamini is a good player but he is playing at Milan and playing very well, so I don't think it is possible for him to come," said Mancini. "Chiellini is the best defender in Italy right now, so it is impossible for Juventus to lose him."
    Emmanuel Adebayor, who is due back at Eastlands after a period of compassionate leave following the terrorist attack on the Togo team bus in Angola two weeks' ago, is not expected to figure against Manchester United in the Carling Cup semi-final second-leg at Old Trafford on Wednesday due to fitness concerns.
    Chief executive Cook has added to the verbal sparring between United and City, however, by claiming his club will be, 'without doubt, the biggest and best football club in the world.' Cook, addressing supporters at a club function in New York's Mad Hatter Saloon, added that 'it is not if, but when, we're at Wembley having beaten Man United yet again."

^ unno man maybe a return to his roots is what he needs, dude hasnt lived up to the billing that came with him when he came to Real Madrid and was sold to Manchester City, hes a disappointment thus far but the talent is clearly there, i hope he could find his way and live up to his hype loll

Originally Posted by DaTPRiNCE
    ^ unno man maybe a return to his roots is what he needs, dude hasnt lived up to the billing that came with him when he came to Real Madrid and was sold to Manchester City, hes a disappointment thus far but the talent is clearly there, i hope he could find his way and live up to his hype loll
    yea, I hope he doesn't waste that talent. He needs to refocus and improve his game. He still has a long way to go, I don't even think he has reached his prime yet.

word, he has worlds of talent but he still has alot of refining to do but there is no doubt hes a class A talent. i hope he gets it together i really do.

how's about egypt going for a 3rd straight african cup title loll i hope we get it, we could use it after the bitter taste of missing out on the world cup