New York Knicks vs. Charlotte Bobcats

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
So much for D'antoni hating on Nate.

He told nate ''go out there be yourself'' and that brought us back. Still let him in the game with 6 TO before nate commited the last one that made the game close again. I think D'antoni wants to bring the best out of Nate and he may actually do it. Although that 14 games DNP was a bit longer than what I expected is working for Nate.

Beaches just got back from the Garden

I am 5 -0 on games i see at the Mecca this season. :)

I should be put on payroll :)

Next stop against Toronto a week from tomorrow.

Whoever doubted Gallo can such the big Cock's cock.

Im going to that game. Will be my first attended game this season. :)

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
nate played his game all right, he electrified us for a couple of great shots and that dunk, and scared us all with his array of turnovers. we know thats nate and we are gonna have to live with it. that little run he gave was down 71-61 was essential. but damn i wanted to slap him so bad after that late turnover, the guy just needs to learn when to slow down. chandler has continued to impress me, i said it on the jose calderon thread, but the more i see him the more i respect his game. he has STOPPED aimlessly chucking outside shots. he drove to the basket really well. lee had his usual all-star like performance. dudonkey played decent enough, giraffe was good to. bender was good, landry was awful i mean when he came in our team went down the tank for a bit, and gallo continues to prove he has IT. great win by the knicks, now its time for a tough road trip, nd the surprisingly dangerous rockets (who knew lol?)

KBlack25

Starter
seriously what game were u watching...nate single handedly brung us back from a 10 point deficit...sure enough he had a big TO but dont act like he aint do shyt

Wrong. Nate had 10 points tonight. 4 came in the first half. 5 came in that third quarter where the deficit was erased. I was at the game. Nate might have hit the three to bring us within 2 or 3, but he didn't single handidly bring us back. He had 1 assist in the third quarter, it wasn't like he was getting the ball to scorers.

Yes, he had that great dunk, that dunk didn't count for 10 points. He turned the ball over a lot, dribbled himself into trouble a lot, and played little to no defense. Sure he had one big shot at one opportune time, but he didn't do it by himself. Not even close.

dre48ny

Rotation player
All around team effort, another opponent under 100 pts. Even Duhound hit a clutch 3 and Gallo followed as usual. Chandler impressive. NYK needed this win badly as they split the series with a team they are contending with for a spot. We gotta believe!!! Oh yeah Lee solid again.
Tough road games coming up!!

"even duhon his a clutch three"
hes been doing that for the past 18 games

duhon is like 48-94 from three over that stretch.
what more do you want from him before you
say

"good job duhon"

Kiyaman

Legend
Wrong. Nate had 10 points tonight. 4 came in the first half. 5 came in that third quarter where the deficit was erased. I was at the game. Nate might have hit the three to bring us within 2 or 3, but he didn't single handidly bring us back. He had 1 assist in the third quarter, it wasn't like he was getting the ball to scorers.

Yes, he had that great dunk, that dunk didn't count for 10 points. He turned the ball over a lot, dribbled himself into trouble a lot, and played little to no defense. Sure he had one big shot at one opportune time, but he didn't do it by himself. Not even close.

Talk about a scary game.....I was pissed with Nate for playing outside of his game in the first half, I did'nt care he had Landry & Bender with an aghausted Lee & Chandler on the court with him. Nate was playing like SHUUUUT with all those turnovers.
For the first time I have to give credit where credit is do when they showed that piece on Dantoni telling Nate "Play the way u play" we were down by 10 points at that time as Nate entered the game.....we went on an unanswered 15-0 run....stop the H8ing on Nate.
If I can give credit to Dantoni....u damn sure can give credit to Nate.
That Nate DUNK shook all the 5-Boros in New York and caused strong waves to Long Island and New Jersey.

This game showed we should've been working Darko & Hill into the rotation early b/c of injuries during the season (Harrington out). Bender was decent but those two turnovers in a row made me want to put a tired Gallo back on the court.
I'm not saying that to be nice to Gallo-Fans.....its B-Ball truth! those 30 mpg all season has made Gallo into a decent complimentary-player with his teammates.....not a FRANCHISE player....but a player with Allan Houston qualities a quiet 20 to 30 points per game

u have to take your hat off to Lee & Chandler for practically playing the entire 48 minutes

Blas

Benchwarmer
Nate scored 8 points during the run we had.

Nate's seven turnovers cost us 8 points on the other end (2 3's and a layup). Three were turnovers on the bobcats thanks to our D. One was a missed shot by the bobcats.

I am not hating on Nate, this is what happened.

If duhon played the same way you would want his head and rightfully so.

I think Nate deserves the same credit.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez

now i gotta ask u, what game were u watching....at the end of the 3rd quarter, on a 2 for 1 situation, nate drained a 3 pointer...to open the 4th, nate blew past augustine for the dunk...then nate hit a 3 pointer to give us the lead for good...if my math is correct, thats a total of 8 points...give credit when its due

clumsy

Rotation player
Nate is a hard player use as a coach...he's just so dang streaky in the same game. He definitely needs to see at least 15-20 mins a game tho playing his game. I hate to say this too cuz i hate Duhon but he should never start over Duhon.

He is probably the best player we have when our team is down many buckets cuz he forces us to play at a faster pace or when we are playing lackadaisical. He probably should be used when we have the lead as little as possible. He is just too turnover prone.

Also to all the haters of Nate, i don't know how you expect a player like him to "Get It". His whole game is derived from scoring, and running his mouth all night to keep players spirits high. He can't defend, makes a lot of poor decisions, but Plays like that dunk can definitely fire a team up a lot and change the outcome of a game.

KBlack25

Starter
now i gotta ask u, what game were u watching....at the end of the 3rd quarter, on a 2 for 1 situation, nate drained a 3 pointer...to open the 4th, nate blew past augustine for the dunk...then nate hit a 3 pointer to give us the lead for good...if my math is correct, thats a total of 8 points...give credit when its due

Right, he got us there, but not by himself. Nate did drain a 3 in a two-for-one (missed a three on the other end of the 2-4-1). He drove past Augustin, he had a great dunk. He hit another three. But with the Knicks up 4 down the stretch needing to protect or extend the lead, this is what Nate did:

Missed shot
Rebound
Turnover
Turnover
Foul
Turnover

He got us in the game, but lucky for us Charlotte was inept offensively in the fourth quarter. If the Bobcats were a better team that capitalized on mistakes, Nate would have taken us right back out of it.

Nate might have hit some shots to put us in a position to win, but he made some plays that also put us in a position to lose. Everyone else picked up the slack at the end of the game.

So yes, maybe Nate brought us into the game, but he just as easily could have taken us out of it.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Lol with all the overreacting. Nate made some good plays and he also made some bad plays. We've seen him do more of the scoring he did last night as opposed to the turnovers so please stop acting like he turns the ball over all the time. His career TO average is only 1.55 and this season he's up to 2.13. His decision making was awful at times last night but we all know he's not a 7 TO player on average. Just checked his stats and he's only had 7 TOs two other times in his career and they were during his rookie season.

Nate is our JR Smith.

Kiyaman

Legend
Right, he got us there, but not by himself. Nate did drain a 3 in a two-for-one (missed a three on the other end of the 2-4-1). He drove past Augustin, he had a great dunk. He hit another three. But with the Knicks up 4 down the stretch needing to protect or extend the lead, this is what Nate did:

Missed shot
Rebound
Turnover
Turnover
Foul
Turnover

He got us in the game, but lucky for us Charlotte was inept offensively in the fourth quarter. If the Bobcats were a better team that capitalized on mistakes, Nate would have taken us right back out of it.

Nate might have hit some shots to put us in a position to win, but he made some plays that also put us in a position to lose. Everyone else picked up the slack at the end of the game.

So yes, maybe Nate brought us into the game, but he just as easily could have taken us out of it.

All what u wrote may be true.....but putting Nate in the game being down by 10 points.......with the orders to "play the way u play, go out there and be Nate" at the PG. And we go on a 15-0 run......with a BAM-BAM DUNK that shakes MSG building at the start of the 4th qtr., followed by a 3 pointer
RESPECT
Kiya