Unofficial game thread:NY Knicks @ Houston Rockets

paris401

Starter
Nevermind that. How is your 1st round lottery pick sitting on the bench when he is, by all accounts, healthy? If he sucks, he sucks, and he was a bust. But I want to see what we at least got with him...

AGREEEEEE... we ain;t goin anywhere this year, no pick, setting up for the future... so bring on the young'ens...

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
I'm not the biggest Jordan Hill supporter, but I do want to see what he can do. It doesn't matter to me whether he's got to play in the D-League or here, I just want to see him get in some action. Seeing guys like Budinger play, when he was a 2nd round draft pick, really gets me even more depressed thinking about draft night.

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
Nevermind that. How is your 1st round lottery pick sitting on the bench when he is, by all accounts, healthy? If he sucks, he sucks, and he was a bust. But I want to see what we at least got with him...

D'antoni has to understand that he is not coaching the Phoenix Suns a team close to winning the championship. Under D'antoni as coach (2003-2008) and GM (2006-2008) helm they traded most of their draft picks.

2004- 7th Pick Loul Deng traded to Bulls
2005- 21st Pick Nate Robinson traded to Knicks
2006- 21st Pick Rajon Rondo traded to Celtics
2006- 27th Pick Sergio Rodriguez traded to Blazers
2007- 24th Pick Rudy Fernandez traded to Blazers

We actually need our draft picks to develop because making the playoffs this year doesn't mean a thing if Douglas and Hill are not part of it.

Attachments

• Hill Douglas Gallinari.jpg
    Hill Douglas Gallinari.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 5

iSaYughh

Starter
Mafra, you can't cherrypick random games and use that as an actual barometer for what N8 can accomplish, in direct regard to what we *know* we have with Duhon running the point.

Yes, we've been on a nice win streak, and Duhon has done a few extremely simple things well while Lee, Chandler, Gallo -- and N8 -- have elevated their games...but let's look at what our team truly is, it's real ability, and what we can seriously accomplish, with Duhon running the system.

Again, N8 has not been given the shot that Duhon has. Not in any which way. Duhon is an abject failure, N8 is our best chance of having someone supplant DuDonkey and do a better job. It's worth the risk to me. If he is given the chance, the responsiblity, and acts like a wild untamed kid who is *unwilling* to do some of the basic things that a PG has to do, bench him or give him a different role and know that you're exhausting every legit option to make this season be something, AND help out Gallo's development, which Duhon RETARDS.

You yourself last week praised N8 for how well he dished the ball, in addition to his lights-out shooting and energy. One game? Yes. Just like the one game you mentioned above that is supposed to show how bad N8 *would* be *if* he was given a shot like Duhon has. Nonetheless, like *many* N8 games, it shows he *can* dish the ball effectively, and with a helluva lot more potential and ability than DuDonkey.

If N8 sucks he sucks. I'll be the first in line to say it if he's given anywhere near the same shake as Chris Duhon and he comes up gimp. It's not as if we live in a static world where replacing Duhon will result in some cataclysmic, irreversible event that will destroy our season or future in any way.

This season isn't about W's or L's, first and foremost anyways; it's time to take a chance, a calculated risk, with extremely little downside to our franchise and a decent deal of upside.

If we disagree, we disagree. I think we both want the same thing; I just have zero objection to letting N8 take over for Duhon for a small stretch and see what he can maybe become.

Last edited: