Unofficial game thread:NY Knicks @ Houston Rockets

Torp

Benchwarmer
Man, this game you saw the difference between brilliant coaching my Adelman vs. Dantoni's crap coaching.

Where the hell was Gallo in the fourth?

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Seriously, we are a point guard away from not losing games like these. I'm so sick of Duhon's ****ing shit game. He's basically a 2 guard that gets a lot of the ball. Jacking ****ed up 3s and choking transitional flow with apprehensive dribbling.

Chandler played well, but when we needed that go to guy he disappears.

So unassertive and even timid sometimes.

Bottom line, we fell over when they pushed us and we never got back up. Houston didn't win, we lost.

mafra

Legend
**** man.this shoulda been a win.this better be give gallo the ball time.

Knicks weren't going to beat HOU tonight- especially w/out Harrington. Again, every time NY gets a sniff of the 8th spot... The bottom falls out. I could see this becoming a 4 game losing streak (@OKC, @PHI, TOR are the next 3 games).

Knicks will not get above .500 this season. It'll be lots of this madness.... They'll get within 3-5 games of .500, then quickly fall back to 8-10 under.

We're basically playing 6 men every game (Bender, Landry got a few minutes tonight), and Duhon-Robinson-Jeffries are half of those 6. ERGO, w ehave a bipolar offense.

iSaYughh

Starter
Way to shoot and dish the ball out Christopher, SMFH....a prototypical game by DuDonkey, and it really shows just how bad his retardation retards the effectiveness and development of our players.

Can we not at least see what a legit stretch of N8 and Douglas can do? Why is D'Antoni so damn tight and pussyfooted about just benching Duhon. Does he not realize that this is *the* easiest and most optimal type of season to do just that?

Man, the playoffs would be nice, but it's not even like benching Duhon would hurt us in any significant way, while the upside of such a moe is enormous ...it's just heinous watching him bastardize the position.

Serious blunder not doing what it took -- and what easily could have been done -- to get a legit PG this past OS. The over-estimation and belief of Duhon's ability to lead this team is astonishing, and it continues to this day.

mafra

Legend
Seriously, we are a point guard away from not losing games like these. I'm so sick of Duhon's ****ing shit game. He's basically a 2 guard that gets a lot of the ball. Jacking ****ed up 3s and choking transitional flow with apprehensive dribbling.

Chandler played well, but when we needed that go to guy he disappears.

So unassertive and even timid sometimes.

Bottom line, we fell over when they pushed us and we never got back up. Houston didn't win, we lost.

The best was when Duhon entered the game in the 4th... Knicks were struggling to score, we were down by 5 or something, Duhon has like 6 points.... what does he do? He quickly hoists up a 3 from the corner. Ice cold non-shooter chucks up a 3 and he bricks it... what a shocker!

Duhon is terrible, but the scary thing is we have no other PG who can run the offense. Douglas is a score-first guard, and N8 is a turnover machine.

iSaYughh

Starter
Mafra, Duhon has been given ample, ample time to try to run this offense. He has failed miserably, and truly hurts not just our present but our very future.

N8 has not been given nearly the time nor support and confidence that Duhon has had. N8 clearly deserves this now, and has deserved it all along, IMHO.

Whether N8 ends up being superior to Duhon is besides the point; the juice is worth the squeeze in giving him a LEGIT, fair shake and seeing what happens. This is the perfect type of season to do just that.

We can't go on like this, pretending it's OK to keep trotting out Duhon.

mafra

Legend
Way to shoot and dish the ball out Christopher, SMFH....a prototypical game by DuDonkey, and it really shows just how bad his retardation retards the effectiveness and development of our players.

Can we not at least see what a legit stretch of N8 and Douglas can do? Why is D'Antoni so damn tight and pussyfooted about just benching Duhon. Does he not realize that this is *the* easiest and most optimal type of season to do just that?

Man, the playoffs would be nice, but it's not even like benching Duhon would hurt us in any significant way, while the upside of such a moe is enormous ...it's just heinous watching him bastardize the position.

Serious blunder not doing what it took -- and what easily could have been done -- to get a legit PG this past OS. The over-estimation and belief of Duhon's ability to lead this team is astonishing, and it continues to this day.

Do you not watch these games? Knicks would lose 10 straight if Robinson was our PG for 40 minutes. Dude is one of NBA's worst turnover-per-minutes played guard in history of the game.

Look at the 4th quarter tonight and last night.

N8 is what he is... A scoring spark off the bench. BUT, how often does N8 domiNATE? Dude just takes 3 point shots b/c he's lazy. He constantly goes for the HR pass (and it's a bad decision more often than not)....

How could N8 run the pick and roll? He always wants to shoot the 3? He wont pass (or wont make a good pass) and he'll rarely drive the ball.

mafra

Legend
Mafra, Duhon has been given ample, ample time to try to run this offense. He has failed miserably, and truly hurts not just our present but our very future.

N8 has not been given nearly the time nor support and confidence that Duhon has had. N8 clearly deserves this now, and has deserved it all along, IMHO.

Whether N8 ends up being superior to Duhon is besides the point; the juice is worth the squeeze in giving him a LEGIT, fair shake and seeing what happens. This is the perfect type of season to do just that.

Duhon stinks. I can't wait for him to leave. BUt the Knicks do not have a PG on their roster other than Duhon. You can't have Robinson or Douglas run the offense... they don't want to. That's not there style.

This was N8 tonight in the 4th: Bad pass, turnover, missed shot, missed shot, missed free throw, bad pass. Sure, he scored you 4-6 points.... But how many assists? ZERO!

Knicks desperattely need to find a PG. I don't know how Alston slips by their radar, or how OKC traded for Eric Maynor....

We can't live with Duhon as our PG anymore though.

iSaYughh

Starter
Do you not watch these games? Knicks would lose 10 straight if Robinson was our PG for 40 minutes. Dude is one of NBA's worst turnover-per-minutes played guard in history of the game.

Look at the 4th quarter tonight and last night.

N8 is what he is... A scoring spark off the bench. BUT, how often does N8 domiNATE? Dude just takes 3 point shots b/c he's lazy. He constantly goes for the HR pass (and it's a bad decision more often than not)....

How could N8 run the pick and roll? He always wants to shoot the 3? He wont pass (or wont make a good pass) and he'll rarely drive the ball.

How many games has N8 been given the time and opportunity -- let alone confidence and experience -- that Duhon has to run this offense? Curious.

You and a few others act like you know N8 so well; as if you know what he absolutely is, and more shocking, what he absolutely will be. Why?

How old is N8? How old is Duhon? Who has more talent? Who has more ability to actually, potentially help this team? Curious.

Could you think of a better season, a better spot, a better roster, to allow N8 the opportunity to start in place of Chris Duhon?

iSaYughh

Starter
Duhon stinks. I can't wait for him to leave. BUt the Knicks do not have a PG on their roster other than Duhon. You can't have Robinson or Douglas run the offense... they don't want to. That's not there style.

This was N8 tonight in the 4th: Bad pass, turnover, missed shot, missed shot, missed free throw, bad pass. Sure, he scored you 4-6 points.... But how many assists? ZERO!

Knicks desperattely need to find a PG. I don't know how Alston slips by their radar, or how OKC traded for Eric Maynor....

We can't live with Duhon as our PG anymore though.

I'm not saying N8 is a good PG even. I'm saying it doesn't matter if he is bad -- Duhon is bad enough ipso facto where the simple fact that N8 *could* very well become better...if not much better....in this type of season....makes it the right move to given him the legit chance that Duhon has been given and has failed at.

mafra

Legend
How many games has N8 been given the time and opportunity -- let alone confidence and experience -- that Duhon has to run this offense? Curious.

You and a few others act like you know N8 so well; as if you know what he absolutely is, and more shocking, what he absolutely will be. Why?

How old is N8? How old is Duhon? Who has more talent? Who has more ability to actually, potentially help this team? Curious.

Could you think of a better season, a better spot, a better roster, to allow N8 the opportunity to start in place of Chris Duhon?

You might as well ask Curry to run the offense. Hughes might be able to run the offense, but he's like Duhon. Both are bad more often than they're good. WE ALL KNOW Robinson is better than Duhon, but he's not a better PG.

Robinson tonight in 28 minutes: 1 assist and 4 turnovers.
Duhon tonight in 35 minutes 4 assists and 2 turnovers.

Nate had SEVEN turnovers the other night in like 18 minutes. Do you not see the point? There is no PG in N8. He is instant-offense off the bench.

I look back at the Lacker game last year and I get teased too thinking N8 could be our PG.

BUT, after 4 years.... What more do you want? He is what he is... He'll never be a PG. If you think Duhon stinks.... watch N8 throw pass after pass into the stands.... Watch him try to run the pick-n-roll?

This is not a Duhon or N8 thing, and this isn't a LET'S BASH N8 thing either.... The Knicks do not have a PG.... If they find one soon, they'll win 37-43 games.... If not, they'll win something like 33. Simple as that!

mafra

Legend
I'm not saying N8 is a good PG even. I'm saying it doesn't matter if he is bad -- Duhon is bad enough ipso facto where the simple fact that N8 *could* very well become better...if not much better....in this type of season....makes it the right move to given him the legit chance that Duhon has been given and has failed at.

Duhon stinks but he stinks WITHIN the system.... He runs the offense. Sure, he misses wide open shots... But he keeps the ball moving. Sure, he makes bad passes, but he works the pick-n-roll well w/ Lee (ever see N8 attempt pick-n-roll w/ Lee)....

N8 will drive you nuts if you start him at PG, and then you'll lose that offense off the bench. N8 will always look to get N8 points first. he wont run the offense. You cannot ask him to do something he's not suited to do.

We tried to get him to run the offense the other night.... Did you not see that turnover machine throwing away passes left and right?

N8 is not a passer, he's a scorer. If N8 starts at PG, Knicks will grind to a halt.

As bad as Duhon is... Knicks just went 12-6 with him running the point.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Duhon isn't good but Nate has no PG abilities whatsoever. He's a 5'9" shooting guard, it's that simple.

Duhon at least has some semblance of running the offense. He also doesn't turn the ball over nearly as much as Nate does.

johnstarky

Rotation player
Can anyone explain to me why the Knicks play 48 minutes of basketball at home but only play 36 minutes on the road?

Another game in which the Knicks give you hope throughout the first 3 quarters and then throw in the towel at the end.

The Knicks are like a marathon runner that decides to slow down when he sees the finish line.

I would rather watch them get blown out than watch them give you these kind of performances.

CoolClyde

has anybody seen duhound?

another knick loss, and lo and behold, Duhon sucked ass in the 2nd half.
coincidence? What happened to the pick and roll? what happened to Duhon?
How does a player just disappear like that?

this 7-8 man rotation is starting to have it's effect on Knicks losing steam in 4th quarter,
as Houston subs score 48 points (!) to Knicks 22 (Nate had 20 of them). That's just ridiculous!

The Knicks are playing great under D'amntoni, but the lack of substitutions at the right time
is killing them... why no Douglas or Hill when team is obviously gassed?
David Lee was running on rubber legs... SMH.

Hound_Duhon.jpg

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
Send Douglas and Hill to the D-League if they aren't going to play. The Knicks are still the only franchise to not send a player to develop. If they don't play in a rebuilding year then when the hell is d'antoni going to play them. So let me get this straight, he plays Landry/Bender but he doesn't play our 2 first round selections? This is sickening to me because the growth of our 1st round picks is so important for this franchise. Look at Hill's college teammate Chase Budinger, a second round pick 44th I believe getting playing and getting better and better. Maybe losing 10 games in a row and falling out of the idiotic playoff race will make ****ing coach play Hill and Douglas.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I too agree that the short rotation should be fixed. Problem is why is he throwing Jonathan Bender out there when we could put Jordan Hill out there? At least Hill actually has a future with this team

I too agree that the short rotation should be fixed. Problem is why is he throwing Jonathan Bender out there when we could put Jordan Hill out there? At least Hill actually has a future with this team
this is what i don't understand.is this team a charity? i mean come on.give me a ****ing break.bender isn't giving extraordinary contributions when he does contribute, and when he doesn't contribute, he looks like bambi with A basketball.

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
_______√ictory_______;108843 said:
this is what i don't understand.is this team a charity? i mean come on.give me a ****ing break.bender isn't giving extraordinary contributions when he does contribute, and when he doesn't contribute, he looks like bambi with A basketball.

I was so happy when we took a ferocious power forward in last years draft with the game of an Oakley, Dale Davis, Horace Grant. Hill is athletic enough to be a Jermaine O'neal or Nene and is killing me to just see him on the bench. I don't get how you can have a 6'10 player, with a 7'2 wingspan, 9 feet standing reach on the bench.

KBlack25

Starter
I was so happy when we took a ferocious power forward in last years draft with the game of an Oakley, Dale Davis, Horace Grant. Hill is athletic enough to be a Jermaine O'neal or Nene and is killing me to just see him on the bench. I don't get how you can have a 6'10 player, with a 7'2 wingspan, 9 feet standing reach on the bench.

Nevermind that. How is your 1st round lottery pick sitting on the bench when he is, by all accounts, healthy? If he sucks, he sucks, and he was a bust. But I want to see what we at least got with him...