View Poll Results: Fake Fan Assessment: Can you be a true Knick fan and support D'Antoni over Ewing?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

14 77.78%
  • No

4 22.22%

Thread: The True Knicks Fans Represent Thread

Hybrid View

Default The True Knicks Fans Represent Thread

We have guys on here hating on Ewing? I repeat, Ewing? Seriously, if you hate on Ewing, you need to GTFO of this forum.

If you're a fan of a coach, over being a fan of the team, GTFO. If you're a fan of D'Antoni, over our greatest player, ever, GTFO. We actually have people on this forum who didn't even want Pat as an assistant, and insult the man, by saying he's only a “big man's coach.”

Well, I've worked as an assistant, for PSAL, as well as AAU teams, in addition to playing on various teams, while in high school. Pat, as an assistant, knows everything that the head coach knows, he's not living in some big man bubble, where anything else he hears or sees, for the past five or six years, goes into one ear and out of the other.

To say something like that is an insult to his intelligence. And, anyone who thinks that is an idiot, a racist (I'd like to see anyone say that about Bird or McHale) or probably both.

Then, we have the Patrick Ewing, Jr. situation. A few fans were excited about having the kid play for us. Junior would have shown that the team was more than just a jersey, an arena and some colors and slogans, that it's also about history, pride and connections that go beyond the latest fad.

Those who expressed this love of tradition were told, on this site of mostly morons, that Jr. wasn't good enough, despite evidence to the contrary, and were met with apathy, by people who claim to be Knick fans. Meanwhile, amongst ranks was one tuner addict who feverishly promoted the greatness of Anthony Roberson, a bum whose spot could have gone to Ewing, Jr.

Personally, I think we're packed with Phoenix suns, D'Antoni, and KKKnicks fans, who got a hard-on at the thought of D'Antoni, a White man, replacing Isiah Thomas, a Black man.

Isiah's an NBA champion, a 50 greatest player, an all-star, D'Antoni did something in Italy and coached the suns. I think the scales are tipped in Isiah's favor, despite some problems he caused on the Knicks. Isiah actually won games by playing in them. D'Antoni wins games by proxy.

Oh yeah, and amongst the people D'Antoni couldn't refuse to hire, which could have freed up a spot for Ewing, is Assistant Coach Kenny Atkinson. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Makes sense that Atkinson would be hired over Pat, doesn't it?

Surprise, surprise, nobody that D'Antoni hires, only one guy he retained: Williams, is of African-American descent.

Well, I guess, it's like Kate said in his recent retort to an abcd comedy post.... “move on COONS.” Superstar, indeed!

Here are some comments made in regards to some of our Black players. What? No mention of court vision or high basketball IQ? What? Only mention of athleticism and dunking.

Take a look at Kate's commentary on monkeys and raccoons, in reference to people of color.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Superstar

<hr size="1"> Quote:
    <dl><dd> <table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0"> <col width="256"> <tbody><tr> <td width="100%"> Originally Posted by abcd

Broadcast: "It's just in.
    The protein used in the Mateys cereal that CrazyKatie loves to eat contains Mike D'Antoni's sperm."

Only a fat, gay looking white guy from Japan(CrazyKatie) who has had 3 failed triple bypass surgeries would fall for that.

</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </dd></dl>More racist copy and pastes from an idiot with nothing better to do. You and your boyfriend are a pair lame jesters. Move on coons.

Gibbon anyone?

Dec 20, 2009, 03:53

Superstar

Sad? more so - Exemplary.
    <hr size="1"> Quote:
    <dl><dd> <table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0"> <col width="256"> <tbody><tr> <td width="100%"> Originally Posted by Paul1355
    It might be a buyout...Marbury part 2...and once again a sad solution.
    </td> </tr> </tbody></table> </dd></dl> Well I'm glad we have a zero tolerance approach to any and all bull**** from players regardless of popularity or price tag. How would you like to watch a millionaire professional act like a gibbon under your roof and rules whilst putting up sub par numbers and revolting against the coach?

Walsh & D' Antoni have the big picture closing in and don't need distractions from players with personal goals that surpass team ones.

A buy out btw is highly unlikely really. Unless he becomes a real distraction behind the scenes there can't be much point. Not unless it gets really snakey between N8 and the management.

Damn.. After all this you've gotta wonder just what's been said and done from both parties. We'll find out once the trade is over and the fat lady (Curry) sings.

Superstar

<hr size="1"> I posted this a while back, it all came true. Not overwhelmingly true, but clearly (in my book) this guy should be shipped for all (hopefully more than) he's worth.

Hanging on the hoop like a Gibbon isn't a real indicator of his lack of worth, but it's just another bruise on his resume.

What a tool.

Mar 25, 2009, 22:00

What's dumber than Al Harrington?
    <hr size="1"> A rock maybe.

Take a look at how Jordan Hill's intelligence is questioned (no court vision stuff here).

Veteran

Jordan Hill=Taller Balkman
    <hr size="1">Ok, so I was watching this workout Film of Hill on NBA Draft Express [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] after we drafted him, and I couldnt help but notice how familar he moved with the ball. I knew it wasnt Amare (sorry Phil Webb!) the unorthodox/akwardness but yet somehow controlled style of play looked very familar.

At first I thought Brian Grant....and that seemed to stick until I watched the video some more and read his scouting report, and realized this dude is Balkman minus the ball handling and the Hustle, but plus some size and a J!

To Hill's credit, I always thought Balk was just a few iches short from being a real impact type player. To me Balk was not a SF, but too small to be a PF. Now lets look at some of Hill's strengts and see if they don't apply to Balk
    A lot of similarities in that regard! Now lets look at their weaknesses

<table width="175" border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td width="171">
    </td> </tr> <tr> <td width="171">
    </td> </tr> <tr> <td width="171"> - Advanced post moves
    </td> </tr> <tr> <td width="171"> - Left hand
    </td> </tr> <tr> <td width="171"> - Questionable hands
    </td> </tr> <tr> <td width="171"> - Defensive fundamentals
    </td> </tr> <tr> <td width="171"> - Foul prone
    </td> </tr> <tr> <td width="171"> - Man to man defense
    </td> </tr> <tr> <td width="171"> - Average basketball IQ
    </td> </tr> <tr> <td width="171"> - Older than class peers
    </td> </tr> <tr> <td width="171"> - Passing skills
    </td> </tr> <tr> <td width="171"> - Free throw shooting
    </td> </tr> <tr> <td width="171"> - Inconsistent shooter
    </td> </tr> </tbody></table>

HELL NO man i would hate it if he was like Balkman in any way and I dont think he is at all. The stuff you bolded can be applied to any atheltic big man and balkman never had and still does not have an all around offensive polish, which is one of the things you bolded.

Just because they both have long braided hair and athletic doesn't mean they are the same.lol

HERE's A SAMPLE OF THE EWING HATE:

Originally Posted by SmittyMcCuff
    His title was "assistant" but he was doing nothing more then helping the bigs... geez

is the Bo$$

<hr size="1"> i dont know about him being assistant coach.....id like him to b a trainer or sumthin....i like jeff for assis. coach

GIBBONS AND COONS, OH MY, OH MY!

Written by a true Knickfan Circa 1989, bitch. 33 Forever!
    Last edited by OGKnickfan; Jan 10, 2010 at 12:38.

You are a loser, your favorite player is Gasol(not a Knick) and you rather have Duhon over Gallo!

EDIT**This entire thread is a logical fallacy called a Strawman Argument. For those who don't know:
    A straw man [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] is an [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] based on misrepresentation of an opponent's position.<sup id="cite_ref-book_0-0" class="reference">[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]</sup> To "attack a straw man" is to create the illusion of having refuted a proposition by substituting a superficially similar proposition (the "straw man"), and refuting it, without ever having actually refuted the original position.<sup id="cite_ref-book_0-1" class="reference">[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]</sup><sup id="cite_ref-files_1-0" class="reference">[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]</sup>
    He is basically trying to say you are not a real Knick fan if you pick Dant instead of Ewing AS HEADCOACH. Ignoring that the origianl poster of the comment said he would like Ewing a s an assistant, defensive or big man coach.Dickfan, your a tranparent chump and I ain't playing your feebly constructed game and pathetic attempt at assessing who a real Knickfan is.

/thread
    Last edited by TR1LL10N; Jan 10, 2010 at 12:44.

By your standards we can assume:

True Knick Fans support Marbury to the death even after he goes to the Celtics...

True Knick Fans prefer the worst starting PG in the league over the biggest upside player we have...

True Knick Fans hate our head coach...

If true Knick fans are like you I'm proud to be a fake Knicks fan

Watching a grown man resort to hours of searching/copying/pasting and creating 2 threads purely for the purpose of calling out other people is so depressing, I pity a guy that needs to make so much effort for validation over the internet

You absolutely can be a true Knick fan by supporting D'Antoni over Ewing as head coach.

Ewing has 0 head coaching experience. What sort of offensive and defensive schemes does Ewing implement? Does he have any body of work that we can point to and say: Yes, Ewing has the experience necessary to coach a team, he has a proper defensive scheme, he has a proper offensive scheme, he knows what he needs to implement, he knows how to run a practice. No, we do not.

So in summation, yes you can be a fan of the Knicks, a true fan, and support D'Antoni as coach over Ewing. I prefer experience in my head coaches...

And quite frankly, the insinuation that just because a person chooses to support Mike D'Antoni over Ewing makes that person a racist is, in and of itself, racist. You think that just because someone is white they support only white people? That's as ignorant as saying a black person supports only black people, and a Hispanic person supports only Hispanics. I'm sure if I said, "The only reason you want Patrick Ewing is because he is not white and neither are you," I'd be called a racist.

Oh and here's your BFF posting probably the most openly racist statement in the history of KO.com that I've seen, lets see you rush to his defense over this one... Oh wait you'll just ignore it and carry on acting like a conceited fool. *Shock*

Originally Posted by abcd
    3. I have better skin than you. You're more pale than WWE'S Sheamus, and I'm tan and highly attractive.
    4. You have some of the worst ancestry; European ancestry.
    I have caribbean and African ancestry.

Originally Posted by smokes
    Oh and here's your BFF posting probably the most openly racist statement in the history of KO.com that I've seen, lets see you rush to his defense over this one... Oh wait you'll just ignore it and carry on acting like a conceited fool. *Shock*

Interesting fact about abcd:

If he has Caribbean ancestry, it is likely he too has European Ancestry.

From wikipedia:

All (Caribbean) islands at some point were, and a few still are, [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] of [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] nations
    So, abcd, it turns out, has himself what he calls the worst ancestry. What a retard.

Wow, glad I decidied to actually read your drivel rife with conjecture and emotional outbursts.

Surprise, surprise, nobody that D'Antoni hires, only one guy he retained: Williams, is of African-American descent.

Well, I guess, it's like Kate said in his recent retort to an abcd comedy post.... “move on COONS.” Superstar, indeed!
    More irony! The poster who on more than one occasion called me a cheap jew and a kike is crying about racism. He was all to quick to jump on the dick of posters who uploaded Holocaust pics of dead bodies. Now in a thread questioning who true Knick fan are he calls THE COACH OF THE KNICKS A RACIST!!

You are complete tool and its sad that you are too stupid to even realize...

Ewing was a fantastic player, but I'd trust D'Antoni's judgment over Ewing's times 1000. Ewing isn't a coach..

Superstar

Originally Posted by jpz17
    Ewing was a fantastic player, but I'd trust D'Antoni's judgment over Ewing's times 1000. Ewing isn't a coach..

Racist!!! and untrue Knick fan!!! ...

The True Knicks Fans Represent Thread
    <hr style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" size="1"> We have guys on here hating on Ewing? I repeat, Ewing? Seriously, if you hate on Ewing, you need to GTFO of this forum.

If you're a fan of a coach, over being a fan of the team, GTFO. If you're a fan of D'Antoni, over our greatest player, ever, GTFO. We actually have people on this forum who didn't even want Pat as an assistant, and insult the man, by saying he's only a “big man's coach.”

Well, I've worked as an assistant, for PSAL, as well as AAU teams, in addition to playing on various teams, while in high school. Pat, as an assistant, knows everything that the head coach knows, he's not living in some big man bubble, where anything else he hears or sees, for the past five or six years, goes into one ear and out of the other.

To say something like that is an insult to his intelligence. And, anyone who thinks that is an idiot, a racist (I'd like to see anyone say that about Bird or McHale) or probably both.

Then, we have the Patrick Ewing, Jr. situation. A few fans were excited about having the kid play for us. Junior would have shown that the team was more than just a jersey, an arena and some colors and slogans, that it's also about history, pride and connections that go beyond the latest fad.

Those who expressed this love of tradition were told, on this site of mostly morons, that Jr. wasn't good enough, despite evidence to the contrary, and were met with apathy, by people who claim to be Knick fans. Meanwhile, amongst ranks was one tuner addict who feverishly promoted the greatness of Anthony Roberson, a bum whose spot could have gone to Ewing, Jr.

Personally, I think we're packed with Phoenix suns, D'Antoni, and KKKnicks fans, who got a hard-on at the thought of D'Antoni, a White man, replacing Isiah Thomas, a Black man.

Isiah's an NBA champion, a 50 greatest player, an all-star, D'Antoni did something in Italy and coached the suns. I think the scales are tipped in Isiah's favor, despite some problems he caused on the Knicks. Isiah actually won games by playing in them. D'Antoni wins games by proxy.

Oh yeah, and amongst the people D'Antoni couldn't refuse to hire, which could have freed up a spot for Ewing, is Assistant Coach Kenny Atkinson. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Makes sense that Atkinson would be hired over Pat, doesn't it?

Surprise, surprise, nobody that D'Antoni hires, only one guy he retained: Williams, is of African-American descent

Here are some comments made in regards to some of our Black players. What? No mention of court vision or high basketball IQ? What? Only mention of athleticism and dunking.
    You are the most desperate fool going around. And for god's sake can you drop the gibbon thing!? That's your interpretation of racism? I only say gibbon because they swing from things (Harrington Tech) and hollar and jump and dance around (N8). Jason Williams used to be a gibbon as well. The Bird Man is a gibbon!!

So stop trying so hard. Gibbons come in a variation of colours as well. You're such a prick.

You tried too hard and ended being maligned again for your fabrications and manipulations. Constantly stale mating yourself.

You or anyone can absolutely be a Knick fan and still like Mike D' Antoni. That is so foolish to say otherwise. I loved Patrick Ewing! And still do..... But I don't mind him helping out D Howard to improve his game. I like D Howard too..

And why would a real Knick fan have a Laker as his avatar.?

You're treading in your own turds again.