The True Knicks Fans Represent Thread

Fake Fan Assessment: Can you be a true Knick fan and support D'Antoni over Ewing?

• Yes

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • No

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters

pat

Starter
WashU undergrad

Turned down scholarships for law at Notre Dame and Tulane to come to NY to be at Fordham...what do you have?

Just stop it. ABCD is the winner. You've got exposed. Do you want to know why?...

... He told you so. ;)

KBlack25

Starter
Just stop it. ABCD is the winner. You've got exposed. Do you want to know why?...

... He told you so. ;)

HAHAHAHA...yeah, I hear that...maybe I should make an argument abcd can understand:

I won because I said I won first NANANANANA!

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud

... He told you so. ;)

why in the world would you still have jerome james in as your avatar. seeing him in a knicks uniform disgusts me. i want to seriously pummel him to the ground, its a disgrace to even have a picture of him in a knicks uniform.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
And now...time for the most electrifying move in sports entertainment.

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rpJX8izdyxo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

Plus, the reason why I'm back by popular demand.

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Pi6vCxsEs9Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

pat

Starter
I can't really see the point, why preferring D'Antoni over Ewing as our head coach implies that you would also prefer Isiah over Ewing. Because they both have got experience? As far as I can see, Isiah set up stupid trades for the sake of trading and had no clue how to coach the team he himself assembled.

You can say that he Mike D'antoni never won a championship, but many good coaches and players never did that (including Ewing -- and please don't mention the finals appearance, this just means that in 1994 they were the best of the losers).

Bringing in a rookie head coach is a gamble. Maybe Ewing would have done a great job, but as far as I can see, the organisation had the money, they seem to have got a plan, and -- what makes me optimistic -- they do not jump on each and every trade that comes along.

We all know that Knicks fans are probably the most impatient once in the world. To keep them quiet IT staged trade after trade after trade. Our current management worries more about stability and continuity. Even if it does not amount to many more wins yet, as far as looking like a professional NBA franchise again, they have done a great job so far. Or did any of you stumble upon any Knicks intern stories lately?

KBlack25

Starter
I can't really see the point, why preferring D'Antoni over Ewing as our head coach implies that you would also prefer Isiah over Ewing. Because they both have got experience? As far as I can see, Isiah set up stupid trades for the sake of trading and had no clue how to coach the team he himself assembled.

You can say that he Mike D'antoni never won a championship, but many good coaches and players never did that (including Ewing -- and please don't mention the finals appearance, this just means that in 1994 they were the best of the losers).

Bringing in a rookie head coach is a gamble. Maybe Ewing would have done a great job, but as far as I can see, the organisation had the money, they seem to have got a plan, and -- what makes me optimistic -- they do not jump on each and every trade that comes along.

We all know that Knicks fans are probably the most impatient once in the world. To keep them quiet IT staged trade after trade after trade. Our current management worries more about stability and continuity. Even if it does not amount to many more wins yet, as far as looking like a professional NBA franchise again, they have done a great job so far. Or did any of you stumble upon any Knicks intern stories lately?

PAT! DIDN'T YOU HEAR THEM?!?!?! IF YOU DON'T WANT TO GAMBLE A ROOKIE HEAD COACH THAT MEANS YOU LOVE ISIAH THOMAS! CASE CLOSED!

In all seriousness...nice work illustrating my point, thanks. Wanting a coach with experience does not necessarily mean you want all coaches with any experience. Let another team gamble on a head coach, I'll go to the guy that has a resume of WINNING and making teams contenders.

pat

Starter
PAT! DIDN'T YOU HEAR THEM?!?!?! IF YOU DON'T WANT TO GAMBLE A ROOKIE HEAD COACH THAT MEANS YOU LOVE ISIAH THOMAS! CASE CLOSED!

In all seriousness...nice work illustrating my point, thanks. Wanting a coach with experience does not necessarily mean you want all coaches with any experience. Let another team gamble on a head coach, I'll go to the guy that has a resume of WINNING and making teams contenders.

Sorry. I must have overlooked that. Well, well. My bad.

TunerAddict

Starter
Turned down scholarships for law at Notre Dame and Tulane to come to NY to be at Fordham...what do you have?

You bastard. Tulane kept recruiting me and when they accepted me, wanted me to pay. I wanted to go, but 52 grand was wayyyyyyyyyy too much for me per year.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Great thread; I like the knowledge being dropped, makes the insults more tolerable. I agree with the basic premise of the thread: If you don't like Patrick Ewing, you are probably not a Knicks fan. What that has to do with him coaching or not coaching, not sure about that.

The whole racist thing is a slippery slope. Its hard to call another man a racist if you don't personally know him. For example, I was calling Harry Reid all types of racist over the weekend for that whole " light-skinned" and "only sounds like a negro when necessary" stuff about Obama. Then one of my co-workers pointed out that maybe it was just a simple observation. I didn't think about that. Black people ourselves are so color-struck and cruel to each other that sometimes we see or project things that simply are not there.

KBlack25: I enjoy your posts and you are obviously intelligent, but prove it through your words, not: "I went to school at WashU...." I don't know if you went on scholarship or not, but there are a lot of kids who are also smart, but whose parent couldn't afford the price of admission. Money doesn't make one better or smarter. At some point you will run into those who have greater resources if you haven't already and you will want a level playing field as well.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
You guys missed a lot. Here is where it started:

http://www.knicksonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6584&page=2

It turns out OG is gay. He watches some suspect stuff on YouTube and calls himself CharmingMan, named after a Morrisey song that apparently is about having sex with young boys/men.

What bothers me is that I believe he's said he teaches young boys. That is a little frightening. We may see him on MSNBC's "To Catch a Predator" someday.

First of all, you worthless, bastardized, little bitch, if you're man enough, come say that shit about being a child predator to my face. I'll destroy your fat, lazy, punk ass on site.

I've had kids placed under my care, for years, as a teacher, mentor and a coach, with their families' support and trust. Why? Because I'm a moral person, who takes his responsibility to his pupils, and their families, very seriously. I care about what I do in the world. You, on the other hand, are a herb of the highest caliber, who arbitrarily, based on NOTHING substantive, accuses people of something unforgivable: abusing children.

Recently, I lent a former student, and player of mine, 1,000 dollars for his NYIT Spring tuition. Without that extra 1,000, they would not have let him register for classes. I've helped advocate for resources for students moving into family shelters, have bought my students groceries and toiletries, before their going into foster care. I've bought dinner for a few of my kids' brothers, sisters and parents, albeit a few stuffed to the brim Chinese buffet trays.

I've helped shape progressive education policies, aimed at preparing disadvantaged kids for practical degree programs, college-level writing and career research. I've done all sorts of things for kids that other teachers, let alone a prick like you, would never do.

Other people took their little jabs, making gay claims that I'm sure they don't even believe, that's fine. You, on the other hand, really want to accuse someone of being child predator, one of the most disgusting things a person could do? Again, I would beat the shit out of you, if you said that shit to my face.

Everyone else:

OKAY, I watched a clip on an HBO prostitute documentary and actually got negative ratings for telling some froots, who were drooling over it, that trannys are not real women. In what world is that gay?

And SOME LOGIC: how do you know what a tranny is, unless YOU, like ME and every other human, have watched a clip or show featuring them? So... LGAY and company know about trannys from my clip? HAHAHAHA. BS

Straight up, no pun intended, I find trannys funny: a dude with a wig, 6 ft 5, in a dress, trying to act like a woman, makes me laugh. If it doesn't make you laugh, I don't know what ever would.

Anyway, anyone interested in doing the investigative work, follow the link.

If you're not, here's a copy and paste of ALL of the comments, which LGAY and his friends leave out because they show the truth.

Moreover, if you want to see the other mundane 99.9 percent of my youtube posts, which I'm sure lgay spent his weekend researching, simply google charmingman27+ youtube.

Would any gay person argue against such frooty posts, as those of playthefield?

playthefield21 (9 months ago) Show Hide
0 <button class="master-sprite watch-comment-down-hover" title="Poor comment"></button> <button class="master-sprite watch-comment-up-hover" title="Good comment"></button>
Marked as spam Reply | Spam

ask any biologist/doctor/student of medicine and they will tell you ALL FETUSES ARE FEMALE until the final stages when the testosterone is introduced to change the fetus from female to male. What happens with some fetuses is that their mother's have enough testosterone to change their bodies but not enough to change the brain chemistry to male. Hence, a naturally gay male. This happens rarely though, most are gays are gay because of life experiences etc.

***To see the post below for yourself, which is blocked on yotube because of negative ratings, simply log in on yotube and then click on reply, which will allow you to verify that I've accurately revealed everything.

CharmingMan27 (9 months ago) Show Hide
-6 <button class="master-sprite watch-comment-down" title="Poor comment"></button> <button class="master-sprite watch-comment-up" title="Good comment"></button>

That's good for a science fiction story, but it's not true. The man's sperm decides the sex of the child, which is why you hear men say "I make boys" or "I make girls." Transexuals are gay men who enjoy being feminine and submissive to guys, to an extreme.

Gay dude gets upset with me and posts some pseudo-science supporting his trannys-are-really-women theo

+1 <button class="master-sprite watch-comment-down-hover" title="Poor comment"></button> <button class="master-sprite watch-comment-up-hover" title="Good comment"></button>

you're being ignorant. It's been proven scientifically that sometimes the female body only has enough testosterone to change the sex of the body to male, but not the mind. I'll PM you a link proving it. It's a link about the differences between men and women mentally, but what you're looking for should be in the last three paragraphs

I basically say that male sperm determines the gender of a baby, and not hormones

CharmingMan27 (9 months ago) Show Hide
-1 <button class="master-sprite watch-comment-down-hover" title="Poor comment"></button> <button class="master-sprite watch-comment-up-hover" title="Good comment"></button>

Look: a man's sperm carries either the y chromosome, for forming a male zygote or an x, for forming a female. Female eggs always carry the x: male sperm determines the sex of the fetus. What your article says is that a study has found that transsexuals tend to produce less testosterone. I don't know if I'd trust that study, for a number of different reasons. But even if I did, it doesn't prove your point of all fetuses being female, up until testosterone floods the fetus: which is untrue.

Dude agrees with me, I guess after doing some homework.

-1 <button class="master-sprite watch-comment-down-hover" title="Poor comment"></button> <button class="master-sprite watch-comment-up-hover" title="Good comment"></button>

The man's sperm DOES determine the sex, but even if it is a Y chromosome that doesn't take effect until the ending stages of the fetal development.

There you go, that's this fag's evidence for accusing a person of being a pedophile. This is his gay partners' evidence for calling a straight person gay. I guess everyone's gay, by their standards. You're a great person, LGAY. Go pat yourself on the back. If you can't, at the moment, I'm sure trillionpounder, smokesdick, or crazykate will.

EDIT: If you said that pedophile shit to my face, I'd beat your ass all the way from the streets of Bronx, where I run, to Collins, Colorado, the shitville from where you lurk. Live in fear, you used condom!

Last edited:

KBlack25

Starter
KBlack25: I enjoy your posts and you are obviously intelligent, but prove it through your words, not: "I went to school at WashU...." I don't know if you went on scholarship or not, but there are a lot of kids who are also smart, but whose parent couldn't afford the price of admission. Money doesn't make one better or smarter. At some point you will run into those who have greater resources if you haven't already and you will want a level playing field as well.

Hey man, I hear ya. But when I have to listen to these idiots talk about my shit, I'm going to defend myself. Never meant to insult anybody's economic situation. I was born fortunate, but I also know many more fortunate people than myself who wound up doing nothing with their lives. Ultimately it takes someone to work with what they were given. My parents did not go to very prestigious schools, I made something with what I was given. To then have these idiots come on here and insult me, I'm going to defend myself. If I offended you in any way I apologize, that wasn't my intention. But if people are going to question my credentials, I'm going to come back.

I agree with your point about the racism, my problem with the premise (and maybe you agree, maybe not) is that to say someone is racist simply because they like someone that is the same race as them is, inherently, racist. That is, to say that I like D'Antoni because he is white and I am white narrows the arguer's focus to race, to where they refuse to consider any other option than the fact that I simply favor my own race. Same thing with the calling D'Antoni racist: saying that D'Antoni hired a white coach, and there can be no other consideration that D'Antoni took into account other than race is an inherently racist statement.

Also, I think it's obvious, I am not a black person, nor am I latino or any other minority, but can you imagine the backlash if I came on here and said that everyone who is a minority who dislikes D'Antoni only hates him because he is white, and that's what all minorities do, hate white people? First of all, that'd be an incredibly inconsiderate and short-sighted statement. Furthermore, it's false beyond recognition. That's my problem with this thread...had I or any other white poster wrote a thread that accused everyone who likes Marbury for only liking Marbury because he is a minority just like those who like him, I'd be called a racist like some other posters on this board have been. Hell, I was on here being called the n-word by some less intelligent posters, and then was called a racist when I, in an ironic and table-turning fashion, called them "crackers".

Maybe I don't understand what it's like to be a minority, but at the same time you have no idea what it's like to come on here only to read that you are white so you only like white people, you only associate with white people and you hate all minorities. Not all white people are racist, just like not all black people are racist, or all Hispanic people are racist. It's simply a ridiculous double standard perpetrated by those who want to create a race-thing out of a purely non-racial issue. It's absolutely ridiculous to me that some people can actually believe the drivel that comes from their mouth.

I also agree that if you don't like Ewing you are probably not a Knicks fan (or not born in the right era), but to say you can't root for D'Antoni and also be a Knicks fan because it means you hate blacks or whatever the convoluted argument on here might be, is ludicrous.

KBlack25

Starter
You bastard. Tulane kept recruiting me and when they accepted me, wanted me to pay. I wanted to go, but 52 grand was wayyyyyyyyyy too much for me per year.

Yeah I hear ya, I'm currently in a shit-ton of debt from school. It's hard, and it's a vicious cycle...once you go one year on those loans, you have to keep going with school, you are in too much debt not to...

But if you have a chance, visit New Orleans, it's a great place. I haven't been since Katrina hit, but if it's even half of what I remember, it's a blast to be down there...great cajun food, good culture, warm and really nice folks down there.

Osiris80

Benchwarmer
Even as a "Lurker", I can't see how an opinion that pits Ewing vs D'Antoni determines genuine support for the NYK.

Feel free to bash me if you're an internet gangster, but different eras in an ever changing league don't really measure up when it comes to the here and now.

I voted an emphatic....... "Yes"!.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
what the f*ck happened

It all started when Dpryde started making up false rumors that OGKnickfan was looking at videos of transsexuals. LJ4PTPlay decided to take it upon himself to call OGKnickfan a pedophile, even though he had no proof or videos to back up his claims.

When I looked at OGKnickfan's videos, all I saw was an episode of Jerry Springer on transsexuals that tricked people into thinking they were men. He also had some comedy videos and some documentaries. None of his videos actually were gay, yet the haterburys tried to exploit the situation, in vain.

It let to a big argument between Team Starbury and the Haterburys.

Team Starbury won, as always, though. :thumbsup:

P.S.-For those of you who think I'm a troublemaker, look at posts #5 and #7, on page 1 of this thread.
I said nothing to those guys, yet they started commenting on a post that I made on a thread that had nothing to do with this one.

I actually rarely start trouble with other posters. That is why I usually get into arguments with the same 4 or 5 posters. If I was truly a trouble maker, I would be getting into arguments with almost every one in here, which I don't.

Last edited:

jimkcchief88

All Star
Hey man, I hear ya. But when I have to listen to these idiots talk about my shit, I'm going to defend myself. Never meant to insult anybody's economic situation. I was born fortunate, but I also know many more fortunate people than myself who wound up doing nothing with their lives. Ultimately it takes someone to work with what they were given. My parents did not go to very prestigious schools, I made something with what I was given. To then have these idiots come on here and insult me, I'm going to defend myself. If I offended you in any way I apologize, that wasn't my intention. But if people are going to question my credentials, I'm going to come back.

I agree with your point about the racism, my problem with the premise (and maybe you agree, maybe not) is that to say someone is racist simply because they like someone that is the same race as them is, inherently, racist. That is, to say that I like D'Antoni because he is white and I am white narrows the arguer's focus to race, to where they refuse to consider any other option than the fact that I simply favor my own race. Same thing with the calling D'Antoni racist: saying that D'Antoni hired a white coach, and there can be no other consideration that D'Antoni took into account other than race is an inherently racist statement.

Also, I think it's obvious, I am not a black person, nor am I latino or any other minority, but can you imagine the backlash if I came on here and said that everyone who is a minority who dislikes D'Antoni only hates him because he is white, and that's what all minorities do, hate white people? First of all, that'd be an incredibly inconsiderate and short-sighted statement. Furthermore, it's false beyond recognition. That's my problem with this thread...had I or any other white poster wrote a thread that accused everyone who likes Marbury for only liking Marbury because he is a minority just like those who like him, I'd be called a racist like some other posters on this board have been. Hell, I was on here being called the n-word by some less intelligent posters, and then was called a racist when I, in an ironic and table-turning fashion, called them "crackers".

Maybe I don't understand what it's like to be a minority, but at the same time you have no idea what it's like to come on here only to read that you are white so you only like white people, you only associate with white people and you hate all minorities. Not all white people are racist, just like not all black people are racist, or all Hispanic people are racist. It's simply a ridiculous double standard perpetrated by those who want to create a race-thing out of a purely non-racial issue. It's absolutely ridiculous to me that some people can actually believe the drivel that comes from their mouth.

I also agree that if you don't like Ewing you are probably not a Knicks fan (or not born in the right era), but to say you can't root for D'Antoni and also be a Knicks fan because it means you hate blacks or whatever the convoluted argument on here might be, is ludicrous.

Its all good man. I wasn't offended, just sensitive. I grew up in Missouri so I have heard that "I am smarter because I went to WashU" a million times. You are obviously able to defend yourself better than that. I grew with the rest of the points of your thread as well. Some guys come to this site just to get a rise out of others, not to just talk hoops.