View Poll Results: Fake Fan Assessment: Can you be a true Knick fan and support D'Antoni over Ewing?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    14 77.78%
  • No

    4 22.22%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 63

Thread: The True Knicks Fans Represent Thread

  1. #16
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    599
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    You can't complain about the Knicks not hiring Ewing over D'Antoni. However, you can complain about the Knicks not even giving Ewing an interview for the job. But I guess they already intended in advance that they were hiring a head coach with recent successful coaching experience so why waste Ewing's time by interviewing him. Also, why disrespect him by offering him an assistant's assistant coach or something of that matter when he wanted the head coaching job.

    I don't get it how some of you complain so much about D'Antoni and Walsh. It could be so much worse. You say what if the Knicks drafted Brook Lopez or Eric Gordon...well what if they drafted Joe Alexander instead?

    You can't look back and say what they should have done...all you have to know is that the team has a much better outlook than it did 2 years ago. Crawford and Randolph were traded for early salary relief so that they will be able to compete on the FA market next year for the first time since...(when was the last time they signed a big name FA?)

    I have no idea how racism became apart of this.. Does it really make a difference to you that D'Antoni is white? If D'Antoni was black would you guys approve?

  2. #17
    Veteran jpz17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,782
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Ewing was a fantastic player, but I'd trust D'Antoni's judgment over Ewing's times 1000. Ewing isn't a coach..

  3. #18
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    599
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by jpz17
    Ewing was a fantastic player, but I'd trust D'Antoni's judgment over Ewing's times 1000. Ewing isn't a coach..

    Racist!!! and untrue Knick fan!!! ...

  4. #19
    Huge Member smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,226
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Originally Posted by OGKnickfan
    Hey, aren't you going to call me a coon and a gibbon with that, too? Aren't you going to talk about how you have better court vision and a higher basketball IQ?

    When I say cracker, rednecks, peckerwoods, I don't mean all Whites, I mean racist Whites, e.g., you.
    Please, go waste your time trying to find a quote of me being racist... Guess what, you won't because I never have been. Idiot.

  5. #20
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by OGKnickfan
    First off, you don't know anything about me. I walked away for an opportunity in education. Prior to leaving, I was a top student at my school, in all of the courses I took. I simply did not like the profession.

    In my current area of study, I'm also a top student and have a 3.9 gpa. Just this semester I wrote 100 pages (one was 40 pages, alone) in well-researched papers.

    You, on the other hand, just compared lexus nexus to wikipedia: enough said. Good luck finding a job, after school.

    Secondly, YOU should read some books on the following: linguistics, ethnicity, race. I thought social science credits were a pre-requisite to law school admission. I guess you're at a really great school, huh?

    Linguistics studies languages, changes in words, movement and what's called glottochronology, which determines changes in meaning and outside contributions to languages, over time. Basically,if you knew about linguistics, you'd understand that English and Spanish in the Americas, because of so many outside influences, are no longer exclusively European in origin.

    You're studying to represent people in court? You're planning on explaining facts to judges????

    As for the Irish, Spanish, Greeks, etc., they are ethnically different from one another, but racially, they're all different types of Caucasian people, they share that status, amongst each other, the exception being ignorant Americans, like you. We Hispanics, Latinos, whatever, don't share that White status.

    And we speak Spanish because it's what we have, after the galletas took our original, African and Native American languages.

    As for Ewing, which has plenty of experience in coaching, though he has never been a head coach, by your standards, Isiah would be a better head coach because he's more experienced. So... do you prefer Isiah to Ewing, or are you a liar?

    God, this is too easy.
    1) I didn't compare LexisNexus to Wikipedia. You did by saying that you can't do any research online.

    2) You wrote 100 pages, congrats. I wrote 100 pages in one semester undergrad, at Washington University in St. Louis ([Only registered and activated users can see links. ]). Am I supposed to be impressed? It's pretty easy to get a 3.9 gpa when you are graded on a curve with a bunch of morons.

    3) I never said English is exclusively European in origin. But it is partially European in origin. As such, when you are influenced by a certain culture you take on parts of their traits. The argument posited by abcd was that he had no European heritage. My argument is that, if he is from the Caribbean he most certainly does. This is fact. You are wrong. Face it.

    4) I scored a 169 on the LSAT, good for 97%ile. I graduated from a nationally prestigious top-15 university, and currently a top 30 law school. My pedigree is well beyond what you, your children and your children's children could ever imagine.

  6. #21
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by smokes
    "Hi my names OGDickfan and I like to call people out for racism and then in the same thread start being racist myself."
    Why do you copy ABCD's style but call him the worst poster?

    If you're the worst poster's copycat, what does that say about you?

  7. #22
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,845
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    1) I didn't compare LexisNexus to Wikipedia. You did by saying that you can't do any research online.

    2) You wrote 100 pages, congrats. I wrote 100 pages in one semester undergrad, at Washington University in St. Louis ([Only registered and activated users can see links. ]). Am I supposed to be impressed? It's pretty easy to get a 3.9 gpa when you are graded on a curve with a bunch of morons.

    3) I never said English is exclusively European in origin. But it is partially European in origin. As such, when you are influenced by a certain culture you take on parts of their traits. The argument posited by abcd was that he had no European heritage. My argument is that, if he is from the Caribbean he most certainly does. This is fact. You are wrong. Face it.

    4) I scored a 169 on the LSAT, good for 97%ile. I graduated from a nationally prestigious top-15 university, and currently a top 30 law school. My pedigree is well beyond what you, your children and your children's children could ever imagine.
    Getting pimp slapped every which way. OG, realize you are a 3rd rate mind with a delusional ego that far exceeds the worth of your intellect. Once you realize this you won't get your stale soul devoured quite so often by the likes of Trillion, smokes & co.

    But yes, we all envy the mind and life you possess.

    gaybcd and OG truly prove that birds of a racist-****loving-feather flock together.

  8. #23
    Huge Member smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,226
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Why do you copy ABCD's style but call him the worst poster?

    If you're the worst poster's copycat, what does that say about you?
    How am I copying his style? gaybcd's "style" is to quote someones post and put random nonsense into it. What I did is not even similar to that. Wow you're really clutching at straws now huh?

  9. #24
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    The True Knicks Fans Represent Thread
    <hr style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" size="1"> We have guys on here hating on Ewing? I repeat, Ewing? Seriously, if you hate on Ewing, you need to GTFO of this forum.

    If you're a fan of a coach, over being a fan of the team, GTFO. If you're a fan of D'Antoni, over our greatest player, ever, GTFO. We actually have people on this forum who didn't even want Pat as an assistant, and insult the man, by saying he's only a “big man's coach.”

    Well, I've worked as an assistant, for PSAL, as well as AAU teams, in addition to playing on various teams, while in high school. Pat, as an assistant, knows everything that the head coach knows, he's not living in some big man bubble, where anything else he hears or sees, for the past five or six years, goes into one ear and out of the other.

    To say something like that is an insult to his intelligence. And, anyone who thinks that is an idiot, a racist (I'd like to see anyone say that about Bird or McHale) or probably both.

    Then, we have the Patrick Ewing, Jr. situation. A few fans were excited about having the kid play for us. Junior would have shown that the team was more than just a jersey, an arena and some colors and slogans, that it's also about history, pride and connections that go beyond the latest fad.

    Those who expressed this love of tradition were told, on this site of mostly morons, that Jr. wasn't good enough, despite evidence to the contrary, and were met with apathy, by people who claim to be Knick fans. Meanwhile, amongst ranks was one tuner addict who feverishly promoted the greatness of Anthony Roberson, a bum whose spot could have gone to Ewing, Jr.

    Personally, I think we're packed with Phoenix suns, D'Antoni, and KKKnicks fans, who got a hard-on at the thought of D'Antoni, a White man, replacing Isiah Thomas, a Black man.

    Isiah's an NBA champion, a 50 greatest player, an all-star, D'Antoni did something in Italy and coached the suns. I think the scales are tipped in Isiah's favor, despite some problems he caused on the Knicks. Isiah actually won games by playing in them. D'Antoni wins games by proxy.

    Oh yeah, and amongst the people D'Antoni couldn't refuse to hire, which could have freed up a spot for Ewing, is Assistant Coach Kenny Atkinson. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Makes sense that Atkinson would be hired over Pat, doesn't it?

    Surprise, surprise, nobody that D'Antoni hires, only one guy he retained: Williams, is of African-American descent


    Here are some comments made in regards to some of our Black players. What? No mention of court vision or high basketball IQ? What? Only mention of athleticism and dunking.
    You are the most desperate fool going around. And for god's sake can you drop the gibbon thing!? That's your interpretation of racism? I only say gibbon because they swing from things (Harrington Tech) and hollar and jump and dance around (N8). Jason Williams used to be a gibbon as well. The Bird Man is a gibbon!!

    So stop trying so hard. Gibbons come in a variation of colours as well. You're such a prick.

    You tried too hard and ended being maligned again for your fabrications and manipulations. Constantly stale mating yourself.

    You or anyone can absolutely be a Knick fan and still like Mike D' Antoni. That is so foolish to say otherwise. I loved Patrick Ewing! And still do..... But I don't mind him helping out D Howard to improve his game. I like D Howard too..

    And why would a real Knick fan have a Laker as his avatar.?

    You're treading in your own turds again.

  10. #25
    Member the portable man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    274
    Rep Power
    6

  11. #26
    Veteran TunerAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,183
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    I like how I take the holiday off from coming on here and all the **** hits the fan...

    I missed way too many lols...

  12. #27
    Sexy Stud knickzrulezH20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,781
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by TunerAddict
    I like how I take the holiday off from coming on here and all the **** hits the fan...

    I missed way too many lols...
    hate to rub it in, but you missed a lot of funny ass posts, even though a little hate was directed towards me, these threads have been funny as hell.

  13. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    153
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Best Post I've ever seen on this forum!!!


    If you call yourself a Knicks fan you CAN NOT hate on Patrick Ewing, AND YOU CAN NOT LIKE MICHAEL JORDAN.

    If you call yourself a Knicks fan and a Jordan fan you are just down right stupid and I feel sorry for you.

    and again, GREAT POST!

  14. #29
    Veteran TunerAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,183
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by King Ewing
    Best Post I've ever seen on this forum!!!


    If you call yourself a Knicks fan you CAN NOT hate on Patrick Ewing, AND YOU CAN NOT LIKE MICHAEL JORDAN.

    If you call yourself a Knicks fan and a Jordan fan you are just down right stupid and I feel sorry for you.

    and again, GREAT POST!


    All you need to be a Knick fan is to root for the team. Nothing else required. As long as you want them to do well, you're a fan.

  15. #30
    Veteran ANU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,068
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by TunerAddict


    All you need to be a Knick fan is to root for the team. Nothing else required. As long as you want them to do well, you're a fan.
    exactly.what about oakley? he and mike are bff's since oak's bulls days.does that mean oak isn't a true knick?

    the stupidity of this forum is mind boggling considering the number of people who frequent it.i'd be ashamed as hell if donnie walsh came to this site to view some of the opinions of the fan base.

    smh.

Similar Threads

  1. ESPN's take on NY
    By Crazy⑧s in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Oct 13, 2009, 09:44
  2. Knicks Nightmare
    By Starks_boy in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: Aug 17, 2009, 08:03
  3. Cavs @ Knicks 11/25 7:30 PM ET
    By jpz17 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: Nov 26, 2008, 20:10
  4. Farewell Marbury???
    By lanceroy in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 154
    Last Post: Jul 10, 2008, 18:22
  5. My beef with Isiah
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: Jan 17, 2007, 03:21

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •