View Poll Results: Fake Fan Assessment: Can you be a true Knick fan and support D'Antoni over Ewing?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    14 77.78%
  • No

    4 22.22%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 63

Thread: The True Knicks Fans Represent Thread

  1. #31
    is the Bo$$ Toons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    2,379
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Lmaoooooooooo

    I Havent Been This Entertained From Since 'team Starburry" Lmao

    Ahahahaaaaaha

  2. #32
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    You guys missed a lot. Here is where it started:

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


    It turns out OG is gay. He watches some suspect stuff on YouTube and calls himself CharmingMan, named after a Morrisey song that apparently is about having sex with young boys/men.

    What bothers me is that I believe he's said he teaches young boys. That is a little frightening. We may see him on MSNBC's "To Catch a Predator" someday.
    Last edited by LJ4ptplay; Jan 11, 2010 at 09:55.

  3. #33
    Veteran p0nder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,322
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Man wtf is wrong with these people??? I thought the last thread was the worst thread I've ever seen but I am AMAZED to come back a day or two later and I find this gem.

    Racism, name calling, telling people they are not true Knicks fans? come on! I'd expect to see this kind of **** on a Celtics forum.

    If you support Ewing, then you should want what is best for Ewing. He is making a great name for himself working as a Big man's coach. And no, that's not a knock on his intelligence or pedigree. The Big man's game is as intellectually challenging as a playing the point. Developing greatness in that area is essential to a teams success. I'd say that Ewing has been more instrumental in Orlando's success as an assistant then he would of been as a head coach. By focusing on D. Howard's game he has made him into THE dominant center playing right now. He has turned them into a Monster in the East where it was once believed that only the Celtics would be able to compete, citing their big 3.


    I do agree that Ewing has the capabilities and Basketball IQ to be a head coach, but I would still rather have a proven commodity in D'antoni behind OUR bench.

    And the reason for that is simple: Experience.

    Everyone here can tout their education, success, etc etc. But if you want to get down to what employers, professionals and top tier executives look for in the people they want to have managing their organization, They go to one thing: Experience.

    Sure Ewing has a lot of experience in the NBA, but not as a head coach. I agree that he should be given the chance to coach, I just don't think the Knicks were the right situation for him at the time. It was better for D'antoni to come here in this situation, knowing that these 2 years were throw away years. If Ewing was behind the bench of this squad do you think the record would be better? And if it was worse, do you think Knicks fans would be ok with that? What's better, Ewing the Top 50 player we all know and love or Ewing the coach of a sup-par team that get's boo'd?

    Regardless this topic is kind of retarded. You can't define a "true knick fan" on this decision, You can't tell me what one looks like, you can't even say that if you hate on Ewing that you aren't a true fan.

    A true Knick fan wants what is best for this team, right now and in the future. The past is the past. The last 20 years are history. Sure it's important to remember that past but what is even more important is building a team for a successful future.

    Blindly supporting Ewing as head coach over D'antoni is not a decision most NBA Executives would make in the interest of their team's success. We went this route of former player turned front office in Isiah Thomas and look where it got us.

    The smart, prudent and logical decision was D'antoni as bench boss. If you want what is best for the knicks you are a true Knicks fan. If you are a true fan, you support the smarter and more logical decision that betters your team.

    Therefore: If you are a true fan you support D'antoni and the decision to bring him in.

  4. #34
    Veteran Starks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bronx
    Posts
    1,472
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Theres no ****in way a Ewing coached Knicks team is better than the current team under MikeD.

    What is people's beef with him? He's got this team looking better than they have all friggin decade.

  5. #35
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    962
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    This is a retarded argument...That is like saying if you are American born you can't root for a better European player than an American one.

    Personally i just want winning basketball...i could care less who is at the helm. Ewing Jr would not have helped this team, as far as i'm concerned he's as much Knick as Eli/Peyton Manning is a New Orlean Saint. But I think Pat Ewing should have been signed to work with Curry.

  6. #36
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    Ewing has 0 head coaching experience.
    So in summation, yes you can be a fan of the Knicks, a true fan, and support D'Antoni as coach over Ewing. I prefer experience in my head coaches...
    Exposed! I knew you were a closet Isiahsexual/D'Antonisexual. Since you prefer experience so much, I'm sure you would rather have Isiah Thomas, too.


    Originally Posted by TR1LL10N
    You are a loser, your favorite player is Gasol(not a Knick) and you rather have Duhon over Gallo!

    EDIT**This entire thread is a logical fallacy called a Strawman Argument. For those who don't know:
    He is basically trying to say you are not a real Knick fan if you pick Dant instead of Ewing AS HEADCOACH. Ignoring that the origianl poster of the comment said he would like Ewing a s an assistant, defensive or big man coach.Dickfan, your a tranparent chump and I ain't playing your feebly constructed game and pathetic attempt at assessing who a real Knickfan is.

    /thread
    You lost. Me, OGKnickfan, and metrocard called you out for being a computer addicted internet lurker, and what do you do? You make the first post on the thread.

  7. #37
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by smokesdicks
    And YOU are doing exactly the same thing, cmon we all know you love searching the forums for hours to quote people, so go find the quotes of people "pissing on his name" and saying he's a moron and that he doesn't deserve an assistant job. GO FIND THOSE POSTS. Oh wait you can't, and just like before, you'll ignore my posts because you CANNOT refute what I am saying because I only speak the truth not made up BS like you!

    Also saying Ewing was the greatest Knick of all time is your opinion, there's been several great Knicks, Ewing is my personal favourite but plenty of people see Reed and Frazier as the greatest.

    You would be the worst poster on this site if it wasn't for the fact that abcd is still here.
    You are the most dumbest poster in here. You were trying to defend Gayblack, and you actually managed to insult him in the process. You just admitted that Gayblack is a manipulator/liar.



    It would not surprise me if I found out you were illiterate.

    P.S.-Mike D'Antoni wanted to know if Smokes was going to smoke it or not.




    smokesdicks, as he exposes himself to D'Antoni and Isiah Thomas.

    To gayblack: Everest College and Capella University are scam schools. Don't come in here with that B.S.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    You didn't think you were actually going to get a job with a Juris Doctorate from Capella, did you?

  8. #38
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    1) I prefer experience in head coaches. But when experience involves you taking a team that another coach put together and losing more and more games each and every year (Isiah Thomas) that's bad experience. When your experience involves you feuding with players, making ridiculous trades that you somehow defend and say you would "Do again" (Isiah Thomas), that's bad experience.

    Comparing D'Antoni to Isiah Thomas is ridiculous. Isiah's experience/resume is crap. D'Antoni's involves him being instrumental in one of the biggest free agent signings of the past decade (Nash) and leading a team to be a contender.

    2) You seem pretty obsessed with me and my career gaybcd...I've already told you where I went undergrad, you don't have to tell us all from personal experience that Everest College is a rip off, we all know that's the only school that would accept a mental midget like you. Again, my resume and pedigree is a top-15 undergrad, top-30 JD. What's your resume there pal?

  9. #39
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    I prefer experience in my coaches...
    After I exposed Gayblack, he wants to backpedal. These are his exact words.

    I was not comparing D'Antoni to Isiah Thomas. But since Gayblack prefers experience, that means he prefers Isiah Thomas.

    As for winning, Ewing is a winning coach. So saying you prefer D'Antoni because of his zero NBA finals appearances with the Suns and zero playoff berths on the Knicks shows you are a closet Isiahsexual/D'Antonisexual.

    And once again, Everest College and Capella are scam schools. I am not impressed with your resume, because it consists of scam schools that rank in the top 15 worst, not top 15 best.

    You're just mad cause you got exposed.

  10. #40
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by abcd
    After I exposed Gayblack, he wants to backpedal. These are his exact words. I was not comparing D'Antoni to Isiah Thomas. But since he prefers experience, that means he prefers Isiah Thomas.

    And once again, Everest College and Capella are scam schools. I am not impressed with your resume, because it consists of scam schools that rank in the top 15 worst, not top 15 best.

    You're just mad cause you got exposed.
    Experience helps guage whether or not a coach is right for your team. Isiah showed he was not fit to coach an NBA team. I prefer experience as a prerequisite, but not as the be all end all. Like, gaybcd, when you walk into a job interview and they say:

    "Capella College? Sorry, gaybcd, your experience just isn't good enough for McDonalds..."

    That's how you JUDGE whether someone is GOOD at what they DO.

    And once again, we know you went to Capella College and Everest...how else would you know so much about it? Do you spend time researching what kind of schools you can try and get in to?


    Nothing about his resume I see as I sit here with Washington University in St. Louis' diploma...oh well. Enjoy the Capella graduation with the rest of the retards ABCD! If you were really bold, and weren't obsessed with ****ty wrestling tag teams, you'd tell us what college you went to and how it stacks up with my resume.

    WashU undergrad

    Turned down scholarships for law at Notre Dame and Tulane to come to NY to be at Fordham...what do you have?

  11. #41
    Superstar pat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    902
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    WashU undergrad

    Turned down scholarships for law at Notre Dame and Tulane to come to NY to be at Fordham...what do you have?
    Just stop it. ABCD is the winner. You've got exposed. Do you want to know why?...

    ... He told you so.

  12. #42
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by pat
    Just stop it. ABCD is the winner. You've got exposed. Do you want to know why?...

    ... He told you so.
    HAHAHAHA...yeah, I hear that...maybe I should make an argument abcd can understand:

    I won because I said I won first NANANANANA!

  13. #43
    Sexy Stud knickzrulezH20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,781
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by pat
    Just stop it. ABCD is the winner. You've got exposed. Do you want to know why?...

    ... He told you so.
    why in the world would you still have jerome james in as your avatar. seeing him in a knicks uniform disgusts me. i want to seriously pummel him to the ground, its a disgrace to even have a picture of him in a knicks uniform.

  14. #44
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    And now...time for the most electrifying move in sports entertainment.

    <object width="425" height="344">


    <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rpJX8izdyxo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

    Plus, the reason why I'm back by popular demand.

    <object width="425" height="344">


    <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Pi6vCxsEs9Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

  15. #45
    Superstar pat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    902
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    I can't really see the point, why preferring D'Antoni over Ewing as our head coach implies that you would also prefer Isiah over Ewing. Because they both have got experience? As far as I can see, Isiah set up stupid trades for the sake of trading and had no clue how to coach the team he himself assembled.

    You can say that he Mike D'antoni never won a championship, but many good coaches and players never did that (including Ewing -- and please don't mention the finals appearance, this just means that in 1994 they were the best of the losers).

    Bringing in a rookie head coach is a gamble. Maybe Ewing would have done a great job, but as far as I can see, the organisation had the money, they seem to have got a plan, and -- what makes me optimistic -- they do not jump on each and every trade that comes along.

    We all know that Knicks fans are probably the most impatient once in the world. To keep them quiet IT staged trade after trade after trade. Our current management worries more about stability and continuity. Even if it does not amount to many more wins yet, as far as looking like a professional NBA franchise again, they have done a great job so far. Or did any of you stumble upon any Knicks intern stories lately?

Similar Threads

  1. ESPN's take on NY
    By Crazy⑧s in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Oct 13, 2009, 09:44
  2. Knicks Nightmare
    By Starks_boy in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: Aug 17, 2009, 08:03
  3. Cavs @ Knicks 11/25 7:30 PM ET
    By jpz17 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: Nov 26, 2008, 20:10
  4. Farewell Marbury???
    By lanceroy in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 154
    Last Post: Jul 10, 2008, 18:22
  5. My beef with Isiah
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: Jan 17, 2007, 03:21

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •