The True Knicks Fans Represent Thread

Fake Fan Assessment: Can you be a true Knick fan and support D'Antoni over Ewing?

• Yes

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • No

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters

BlackH20

Benchwarmer
Grew up in St. Louis also....

Its all good man. I wasn't offended, just sensitive. I grew up in Missouri so I have heard that "I am smarter because I went to WashU" a million times. You are obviously able to defend yourself better than that. I grew with the rest of the points of your thread as well. Some guys come to this site just to get a rise out of others, not to just talk hoops.

Love Ewing, would have take him over DA anyday, he played, and paid his dues assisting. Player respect immediately.

Then you know these Knicks are from the same hometown as you and I?
Larry Hughes grew up in St. Louis and his story going pro, 12 years, most of anyone from Missouri?
David Lee from Chaminade, then Florida, grandson of billionaire and hoops legend in the 30's and 40's Des Lee (closets and hangers, who would of thought). Donated probably 100 million in St. Louis.
and other Knicks from St. Louis
Anthony Bonner from St. Louis U (graduated with an accounting degree), last I heard he was working with the Nicks doing PR. Top ten pick, to small for a forward.
Bill Bradley from Crystal City (40 miles south of the Lou)
Walt Frazier went to SIU Southern Illinois University (most students from St. Louis and state of Missouri). Full disclosure, Walt is from Mississippi, but knows St. Louis well.
Some decent talent train to the Knicks and MSG, so that's why I have always followed them. Our Hawks went to Atlanta. No Yankees though, got to stay with my Redbirds.

I went to DePaul, not going to say what year, but seven knee operations and four bulging disk is my memory everyday, still would do it all again, but take it more serious (maybe that is growing up, wisdom or just getting old).
Never would have got into Wash U, but never applied either.

We were told to hire you smart guys from Wash U at work though.
Actually where I worked we actually went with University of PA, Wharton School of business grads. Fantastic schools, Wash U, no hoops to speak of, good in their league, but you don't go to Wash U for sports, but the free ride and as you say, now save about 50 a year. Tuition rises higher than NBA ticket prices.

Now retired to Colorado, could not take that humidity and dying town, though it is always home.

One last comment on Hill, our Knicks number one draft pick, most top ten picks play their first year in the NBA some good solid minutes. Hill played only three years of high school (didn't cut it academic wise one year), and three years of college. Why the Knicks did not research this kid and let him get away without showing any scrimmages at the combines (a friend, get's kids ready for the combines, got Lee down to 7% body fat, pure muscle), you have to wonder. Something wrong in the draft and scouting department. Hill just took part in the interview sessions, "what?s your hobby?" etc. He is not going to make it, not hearing that he is working too hard either, i.e. extra time, before, after practice. Well instructed by his agent on the combines though, the Knicks bought it. Be interesting to see how long his career goes. I bet, three or four years tops. Hope I am wrong. Blown pick and possibly blown trade material with half the season and not cracking a quarter of playing time.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Love Ewing, would have take him over DA anyday, he played, and paid his dues assisting. Player respect immediately.

Then you know these Knicks are from the same hometown as you and I?
Larry Hughes grew up in St. Louis and his story going pro, 12 years, most of anyone from Missouri?
David Lee from Chaminade, then Florida, grandson of billionaire and hoops legend in the 30's and 40's Des Lee (closets and hangers, who would of thought). Donated probably 100 million in St. Louis.
and other Knicks from St. Louis
Anthony Bonner from St. Louis U (graduated with an accounting degree), last I heard he was working with the Nicks doing PR. Top ten pick, to small for a forward.
Bill Bradley from Crystal City (40 miles south of the Lou)
Walt Frazier went to SIU Southern Illinois University (most students from St. Louis and state of Missouri). Full disclosure, Walt is from Mississippi, but knows St. Louis well.
Some decent talent train to the Knicks and MSG, so that's why I have always followed them. Our Hawks went to Atlanta. No Yankees though, got to stay with my Redbirds.

I went to DePaul, not going to say what year, but seven knee operations and four bulging disk is my memory everyday, still would do it all again, but take it more serious (maybe that is growing up, wisdom or just getting old).
Never would have got into Wash U, but never applied either.

We were told to hire you smart guys from Wash U at work though.
Actually where I worked we actually went with University of PA, Wharton School of business grads. Fantastic schools, Wash U, no hoops to speak of, good in their league, but you don't go to Wash U for sports, but the free ride and as you say, now save about 50 a year. Tuition rises higher than NBA ticket prices.

Now retired to Colorado, could not take that humidity and dying town, though it is always home.

One last comment on Hill, our Knicks number one draft pick, most top ten picks play their first year in the NBA some good solid minutes. Hill played only three years of high school (didn't cut it academic wise one year), and three years of college. Why the Knicks did not research this kid and let him get away without showing any scrimmages at the combines (a friend, get's kids ready for the combines, got Lee down to 7% body fat, pure muscle), you have to wonder. Something wrong in the draft and scouting department. Hill just took part in the interview sessions, "what?s your hobby?" etc. He is not going to make it, not hearing that he is working too hard either, i.e. extra time, before, after practice. Well instructed by his agent on the combines though, the Knicks bought it. Be interesting to see how long his career goes. I bet, three or four years tops. Hope I am wrong. Blown pick and possibly blown trade material with half the season and not cracking a quarter of playing time.

I forgot Bonner played for the Knicks. And I didn't know David Lee's background until my buddy who still lives at home told me. Actually I grew up in Columbia (MIZ-ZOU). So you live in AVON now??? Been there. How's the snow??? I did my ski bum days in the area but did the Back Bowls more than the Beav. Nice place to retire. Rip it up on Birds of Prey!!!

Still love my Cardinals. Just picked the Knicks because they played like we used to play in MIZZOU's old gym. No easy buckets. The Kings moved when I was really young.

Depaul, that's cool. They just fired their coach. But since I live in Chicago, I keep an eye on them. Northwestern is turning heads locally for once in hoops. But I watched Wilson Chandler play here and now with the Knicks. PM me anytime to talk hoops or whatever.