aside from the obvious player in james, chris paul is perfect for this system.

smokes

Huge Member
Well no way we could get them to deal to us without giving up Gallo and Lee and probably Chandler too or Hill... Don't think we could ever put together a package for CP3 sadly.

Well no way we could get them to deal to us without giving up Gallo and Lee and probably Chandler too or Hill... Don't think we could ever put together a package for CP3 sadly.
I'm giving all of them up for cp3 if need be.there's no point in having a bunch of second options, when you don't have a one.the only guys i would give up the farm for are cp3 and james.than come free agency you fill up the team with players.

smokes

Huge Member
_______√ictory_______;108895 said:
I'm giving all of them up for cp3 if need be.there's no point in having a bunch of second options, when you don't have a one.the only guys i would give up the farm for are cp3 and james.than come free agency you fill up the team with players.

Yeah agree I wouldn't mind it either but doubt NOH has enough roster spots to make that deal plus I don't really know why they would want to, apart from the fact they struggle financially and maybe if we gave them Lee/Harringtons expirings it would help them out, but they don't have room in their rotation for 4 new forwards anyway so it would never happen.

richtree

Rotation player
chris paul is a good player....but if you pay him all that money. .MAX money., you are left with a team that will have to fill out otherwise.

In my opinion point guard is the toughest spot to give a max contract too.

Unless they are big, scoring, and can defend the 2 guard as well its hard to jutify this.

Chris Paul's game is dependant on his speed. He is a great passer that greats into the lane and to the foul line. He is a small guy that will wear down and depends on having help from his temmates.

I rather bigger point guards. Deron Williams, Billups, Kidd, Davis, and even Nash seem to be better suited as the total PG.

Paul may be better than all of them that I just listed, but I don't know if he can lead a team to the finals while getting paid a max contract. I see Paul slowing down over next 4 years and being on alot of teams the have first round exists in the playoffs. He has proven he is good, now he must win and do it into the latter part of his career.

chris paul is a good player....but if you pay him all that money. .MAX money., you are left with a team that will have to fill out otherwise.

In my opinion point guard is the toughest spot to give a max contract too.

Unless they are big, scoring, and can defend the 2 guard as well its hard to jutify this.

Chris Paul's game is dependant on his speed. He is a great passer that greats into the lane and to the foul line. He is a small guy that will wear down and depends on having help from his temmates.

I rather bigger point guards. Deron Williams, Billups, Kidd, Davis, and even Nash seem to be better suited as the total PG.

Paul may be better than all of them that I just listed, but I don't know if he can lead a team to the finals while getting paid a max contract. I see Paul slowing down over next 4 years and being on alot of teams the have first round exists in the playoffs. He has proven he is good, now he must win and do it into the latter part of his career.
come on man.chris paul is all of 24 years old.he has a player option for the 2012/2013 season.on top of all that, he's the best pg in the game.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Being a Hornets fan also, I wouldn't like this.

But anyway, I think the PG spot is more important for us than any other.I rather see us get a very good/great one than LeBron.It's what we really need.Let all our young players get a chance here, while getting the dishes.

I don't care much for paying a lot of money to somebody like Bosh and Amar'e.They are NOT worth all that money.You can throw out all the stats you want, but we need somebody to actually make this team better.Billups isn't a max player, but he's very effective.

Of course, LeBron can play the PG spot, and if I was GM he'd be the first one my list to call.So yeah.I personally don't want him just because I don't want people to just care about him and not the Knicks and think he's the only one good on the team.

But anyway, I think the PG spot is more important for us than any other.I rather see us get a very good/great one than LeBron.It's what we really need.Let all our young players get a chance here, while getting the dishes.

I don't care much for paying a lot of money to somebody like Bosh and Amar'e.They are NOT worth all that money.You can throw out all the stats you want, but we need somebody to actually make this team better.Billups isn't a max player, but he's very effective.

Of course, LeBron can play the PG spot, and if I was GM he'd be the first one my list to call.So yeah.I personally don't want him just because I don't want people to just care about him and not the Knicks and think he's the only one good on the team.
i agree completely.paul is steve nash if steve nash was good defensively.as far as lebron playing pg, i still think its a bad move to make him a pg beucase the guy needs to be the number 1 option.being a pg as well a the first option is not good for the team.

and even though the likelyhood of us getting john wall is slim to none, i would inquire about the first pick with whatever team gets the first pick.imo, we NEED a superstar pg in order for d'ant to work his magic.

johnstarky

Rotation player
_______√ictory_______;108928 said:
i agree completely.paul is steve nash if steve nash was good defensively.as far as lebron playing pg, i still think its a bad move to make him a pg beucase the guy needs to be the number 1 option.being a pg as well a the first option is not good for the team.

and even though the likelyhood of us getting john wall is slim to none, i would inquire about the first pick with whatever team gets the first pick.imo, we NEED a superstar pg in order for d'ant to work his magic.

Even though I wouldn't be a proponent of Lebron James being the future point guard of the Knicks could you imagine him playing that position in D'antoni's system? He would probably average between 10-15 assists a game and would revolutionize the 7 second offense.I could see players like Gallo and Chandler averaging 25 points a game with Lebron giving them open passes.Would it be the best option for the Knicks to have Lebron play the role of a PG? I don't think it would but it wouldn't be a horrible idea knowing how good of a distributor Lebron is.

ANU

Starter
Even though I wouldn't be a proponent of Lebron James being the future point guard of the Knicks could you imagine him playing that position in D'antoni's system? He would probably average between 10-15 assists a game and would revolutionize the 7 second offense.I could see players like Gallo and Chandler averaging 25 points a game with Lebron giving them open passes.Would it be the best option for the Knicks to have Lebron play the role of a PG? I don't think it would but it wouldn't be a horrible idea knowing how good of a distributor Lebron is.
yeah he would average around that amount.but he can be so much more than that.off the ball the guy would be more of a nightmare than he is now.put him in chandlers position, the guy would average close to 40 efficiently imo.