New York Knicks @ Oklahoma City Thunder Game Thread 1/11/2010

Will the Knicks make the 2010 playoffs?

• Yes, the Knicks will definitely get a spot.

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • No, the Knicks will run out of gas by March.

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Who cares? The Knicks will win a championship in 2011.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
New York Knicks @ Oklahoma City Thunder 1/11/10
New_York_Knicks_logo.png
logo_oklahomacitythunder.gif

lee-1.jpg

David Lee and the Knicks
19.1 ppg, 10.9 rebounds, 3 assists

vs.

kevin-durant-mip.jpg

Kevin Durant and the Thunder
28.7 ppg, 7.0 rebounds, 3 assists

The Knicks are coming off of a 105-96 loss to the Rockets. Their current road record is 6-11. They are just 1 game out of 8th place.

The Thunder are coming off of a win over the Pacers. Their home record and road record is at 10-8. They are currently in 8th place, in a competitve western conference.

Starting lineups
Knicks
PG Duhon
SG Chandler
SF Gallinari
PF Jeffries
C Lee

Thunder
PG Westbrook
SG Sefolosha
SF Durant
PF Green
C Kristic

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
good thread, and kevin durant just came off a 40 pt 12 reb night against the pacers. i really hope his shot is off today just for one night. its been well chronicled on this site how highly i think of this guy, but for one night kd pleaseee dont go beserk on us!

A year ago this would have been an easy win...now its gonna be a tough battle...
GO KNICKS!

Last edited:

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
Damn OKC is stacked. I also hope Durant is off. We can pull this off if we consistently play defense throughout the game. We also have to stop Westbrook. Let's get this game Knicks.

smokes

Huge Member
OKC are tough and this is gonna be even harder on the road but they are inconsistent dropping games they should be winning. Go Knicks!

jpz17

Starter
First game I've watched in ages.. so far it is going disastrous

Couple questions I have

1. Why is Nate playing? He is trash this season and this game
2. Why do we have Duhon again?
3. Jefferies is on this team why?
4. Where is Darko? lol I love that guy
5. With OKC's roster.. how are they beating us?
6. Uhhhhhh Why are we worse than some high school teams...?

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
First game I've watched in ages.. so far it is going disastrous

Couple questions I have

1. Why is Nate playing? He is trash this season and this game
2. Why do we have Duhon again?
3. Jefferies is on this team why?
4. Where is Darko? lol I love that guy
5. With OKC's roster.. how are they beating us?
6. Uhhhhhh Why are we worse than some high school teams...?

who are you?....

on a different note what is the website to watch this game online? im praying for a second half comeback. my plea for mercy from kevin durant was stepped on. Smh for even asking.

ANU

Starter
i swear.i hate this team.its always the same shit.on off. on off.and in the end we'll fall just short of the playoffs after d'antoni runs his 8 man rotation into the ground.some m'fukas never learn.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
who are you?....

on a different note what is the website to watch this game online? im praying for a second half comeback. my plea for mercy from kevin durant was stepped on. Smh for even asking.

atdhe.net

can't imagine it's gonna be a blast to watch though. OKC are 10x more athletic than we are. I think raw athletic ability is gonna win it for them.

iSaYughh

Starter
OKC are a truly stacked franchise. When Harden cracks the rotation fulltime their backcourt is set, and elite, for years; to say nothing of Durant. Even Green is pretty legit. Good franchise. Westbrook was a great pick.

3min left in the game and DuDonkey's 0-8 from the field, including 6 whiffed three pointers. Classic.

Is Hill/Darko/etc so inept and bad that they can't even spell some C and allow Lee to move to PF. Unreal.

OKC are a truly stacked franchise. When Harden cracks the rotation fulltime their backcourt is set, and elite, for years; to say nothing of Durant. Even Green is pretty legit. Good franchise. Westbrook was a great pick.

3min left in the game and DuDonkey's 0-8 from the field, including 6 whiffed three pointers. Classic.

Is Hill/Darko/etc so inept and bad that they can't even spell some C and allow Lee to move to PF. Unreal.
okc is an ok team.i don't really see that team as the kinda team that is going to be hell to deal with in the future.they're good, don't get me wrong, to be that successful, in the west, you have to be, but only durant has greatness written all over him.

johnstarky

Rotation player
If I had no knowledge of these games being live I would think that I was watching a video recording of last season.

Why did I get worried when the Knicks moved to 5 games below the five hundred mark?

This team is destined to finish the season in 10th place and around 10-20 games below five hundred if they continue to play this brand of basketball.

They have no superstar to carry them to the playoffs, they are one of the most erratic teams in the NBA, they have one of the worst starting point guards to ever wear an NBA uniform, they depend too much on good shooting nights to win games, they live and die by the three point shot, they have a coach that benches half the roster, and they cannot win any games on the road against elite competition aside from beating the Atlanta Hawks two times in their home building.

Doesn't surprise me at all that the team with the superstar blows out the team without the superstar tonight.If I were David Stern I would just send all the non competitive teams like the Knicks, who lack a superstar player, to the D-League.And leave them there until those teams sign superstar players.Any team that is not in the playoff picture by mid season and lacks a superstar is pretty much worthless to the NBA.

Isn't it ironic how the Knicks begin to lose games when the Raptors and Bucks begin to lose games? Do the Knick players who are going to become free agents after this season intentionally tease us Knick fans because they know that they won't be on the Knicks next season?

I wonder if Lebron James gets turned off by this team every time they finish getting blown out.I know the Knicks shouldn't win games to entice Lebron to come here but if he happens to reject a Knick offer after this season because of the losing culture of the Knicks that would be a tragedy.Hopefully the Knicks could find a pot of gold under a rainbow in the next few months and make the playoffs.

johnstarky

Rotation player

Too bad the average NBA fan that lives in the U.S. could care less about what happens in the City of Oklahoma and whether a team like the Thunder could have a future dynasty run or not.

iSaYughh

Starter
_______√ictory_______;109025 said:
okc is an ok team.i don't really see that team as the kinda team that is going to be hell to deal with in the future.they're good, don't get me wrong, to be that successful, in the west, you have to be, but only durant has greatness written all over him.

Ya, I get the feeling too that they might not reach "dynasty status" or anything, and never quite become an absolute beast....but I think they have as good a shot as anyone else, and are a very interesting team.

Honestly, if we had their roster right now we'd be getting hailed in the NBA as The Team of the coming future. Starky is right that because they are OKC it's easier to dismiss them, IMO.

Durant may be the only one with greatness....but how fcking great is this guy? And he's only getting better.

Westbrook might not reach greatness, but he's a true PG, very underrated, very young, and is an all-around good, winning player, who fits great with Durant.

Harden was a smart pick. He's just a great fit for their team, is a true SG, and will work perfectly with Westbrook as a backcourt to go along with Durant and Green.

In 2 yrs Durant will clearly be the best player in the game not named James, and Westbrook and Harden will beconsidered the best backcourt in the game, IMO.

Go along with a pretty solid and young Green, and if they ever get a quality C for their system/team in the next 3yrs....how is that not a dynasty?

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Ya, I get the feeling too that they might not reach "dynasty status" or anything, and never quite become an absolute beast....but I think they have as good a shot as anyone else, and are a very interesting team.

Honestly, if we had their roster right now we'd be getting hailed in the NBA as The Team of the coming future. Starky is right that because they are OKC it's easier to dismiss them, IMO.

Durant may be the only one with greatness....but how fcking great is this guy? And he's only getting better.

Westbrook might not reach greatness, but he's a true PG, very underrated, very young, and is an all-around good, winning player, who fits great with Durant.

Harden was a smart pick. He's just a great fit for their team, is a true SG, and will work perfectly with Westbrook as a backcourt to go along with Durant and Green.

In 2 yrs Durant will clearly be the best player in the game not named James, and Westbrook and Harden will beconsidered the best backcourt in the game, IMO.

Go along with a pretty solid and young Green, and if they ever get a quality C for their system/team in the next 3yrs....how is that not a dynasty?

i understand your skepticism, but i feel there the team of the future. just imagine if they pulled the trigger and traded jeff green for STAT last year. so they sit here this season being a good big man away from contenders.

Kiyaman

Legend

....how is that not a dynasty?

Three years of drafting a "NEED" rather than the best player available, OKC drafted the best player available at the position the "TEAM" needed.
OKC....G.M., coaching-staff, college-scouts, and players all deserve the best in their 2009-10 Plan. Their 2010 Plan....will be off the hook b/c they are only going after players that will make the players they have better...

P.S.
The reason why I prefererd hiring Rick Carlisle instead of celebrity coach Danmtoni.
Mavericks Team Report

?It hurts, but you've got to be able to win with the rest of those guys that are dressed, so no excuses there.?
- Coach Rick Carlisle, on the Mavericks losing to Utah without Josh Howard and Drew Gooden.

Kiyaman

Legend
Knicks-96 Houston-105
Knicks-88 OKC-106

We are no-longer holding teams under a 100 points (its reversed), we are holding ourselves under a 100 points.

Well, it isnt hard to see that Houston & OKC got our number.....two straight ash-whippins from (Young) teams that are capable of playing nine (9) of their players within the first 18 minutes of the game (middle of 2nd quarter).
While the Knicks are still stuck at playing 6 players in the first 24 or 36 minutes of the game.

We just witness two young teams (Houston & OKC) that started developing as many "players" as posible on their roster to fit into their regular season rotation as early as the start of training-camp.
It dont look like they singled any player out.....b/c of personality, raw talent, or favoritism towards pet-players.

The best thing said about the Knicks last 3 games (1-2) with a high turnover ratio:
Dont blame the Player....blame the game---COACH!

Lets Go Knicks!!!

P.S.
The reason why I prefererd hiring Rick Carlisle instead of celebrity coach Danmtoni.
Mavericks Team Report

?It hurts, but you've got to be able to win with the rest of those guys that are dressed, so no excuses there.?
- Coach Rick Carlisle, on the Mavericks losing to Utah without Josh Howard and Drew Gooden.

dpryde

Benchwarmer
Knicks-96 Houston-105
Knicks-88 OKC-106

We are no-longer holding teams under a 100 points (its reversed), we are holding ourselves under a 100 points.

Well, it isnt hard to see that Houston & OKC got our number.....two straight ash-whippins from (Young) teams that are capable of playing nine (9) of their players within the first 18 minutes of the game (middle of 2nd quarter).
While the Knicks are still stuck at playing 6 players in the first 24 or 36 minutes of the game.

We just witness two young teams (Houston & OKC) that started developing as many "players" as posible on their roster to fit into their regular season rotation as early as the start of training-camp.
It dont look like they singled any player out.....b/c of personality, raw talent, or favoritism towards pet-players.

The best thing said about the Knicks last 3 games (1-2) with a high turnover ratio:
Dont blame the Player....blame the game---COACH!

Lets Go Knicks!!!

P.S.
Mavericks Team Report

nate's back in the rotation and we suddenly playing bad defense.....coincedence folks??????????????? of course not, id rather have hughes back in