2) Chandler earned for this team, case closed, decent age, a keeper, hard to
see a real star though.
3) Gallo, good yes, best shooter, no way, he has some terrible nights, but
never benched or not start when he goes 0-7. 2 point game is nothing
special. Ball handling is poor, please, do not dribble and try to show your
skills at the arc.
4) Duhon, help me here, arguably the worst point guard in the entire
NBA this season, yet has never missed a start this year. Rarely under 30
minutes, except if he is hurt, then maybe 28.
Go 0-10, 0-12, no problem, no way D' Antonio drops this guy under 34
minutes a game his season. Never crack 10 ppg in his career.
Assist, pretty poor, defense, steals, just terrible. So how does someone
like this play and start every game of the year?

Here is what happened:
Curry worked hard, really dropped the weight, deserved a true test on
the court, Harrington, Hughes, and Robinson, just a mistake, gesture, bad
couple of shots, a single pass, comment and bench them for a month, or
shave their minutes by a month. It is so obvious. They know the rookies
have nothing to offer that will but give the
Knicks a win.
These guys agree that this is coaching chaos, which it is, let's admit it
it's over. I'm out, I can't hear from DA, that one guy isn't making his
shots so he his not playing until he improves, then watch Duhon play half
the year with maybe 5 good games so far and 9 ppg average and some
poor court vision.

Your watching Curry, Robinson, Harrington and Hughes take D'Antonio down a few levels, no he won't get fired, but here is how it will play, players are not going to want to play with this crap and watch someone with such poor production as Duhon night after night. Sure, he is a nice guy, admits he is struggling, but you gave him every single game this year?

These guys are playing next year or have enough years in the league that finding work is not going to be an issue nor is retirement with 400 players in the league. The NBA is tight, this coaches reputation just went down like the stock market 16 months ago. D'Antonio has destroyed the teams chemistry on a stage bigger than Phoenix, (it is a shame, for it started to click, before the Robinson ordeal). Superstars? I don't think you will get players the caliber of Lee or even Chandler who are going to mess with this crap, this guy is not bringing one players game up, Lee is working purely by himself.
With another approximately 45 games to go, these guys will sit on the bench and earn 10-70K a night and rest those knee's, keep the miles down, to soak out a few more years in the league. You need "career years" from a few players, team chemistry, and luck to go deep. You got a career year from Lee, sorry coach, you flushed the team chemistry and luck right when you started winning and got cocky with power. These Veterans are going to take this franchise down for 2010, just watch. Equal money, a player wants to play for his pay, not watch a team be treated like 3rd graders and see the coaches pet play the whole year.
A month for Robinson, foolish. Hughes pulls you out the start of December, gets hurt, you DNP him after 20 minutes and pull him out of the starting rotation, not the way the NBA works after an injury return. These guys are going to rest up for next season, Lee and Chandler are going to burn themselves out.

Just my opinion, I may be wrong, maybe some see Duhon develop his game in some aspect?

DUde your whole argument is a farce

you state how bad the players on our team are

and then blame Mike D for our lack of success.

explain to me where your argument is when you contradicted yourself throughout the entire post

its like naming all of the hall of famers who have played for phil jackson, and then telling us why he has been the most successful coach of all time.

if you want to state Mike D's mistakes thats fine
but dont compound a nonsensical post by backing up Mike D's lack of success in new york with portrayals of how poor our roster is, all that does is explains why Mike D has a hard time winning here

I do agree with one thing though

our players are not as good as the other teams players who have winning records.

but that is the only reason our record is what it is.

dave2138

Rotation player
This was a throw away season anyway. 8th place, 14th place... I don't think it matters to much. Right now you only look at the improvements of Lee, Gallinari, Chandler..and see if any of Harrington, Hughes, Duhon, Nate can improve their trade value since none will be back after this year. Hopefully what will happen is any of those 4 can be traded which opens up more playing time for Douglas and Hill for the last 2 months of the season.

I don't see how you can blame D'Antoni for this season though...what would you have done different that would have seen a more positive result? No matter what you do this is a sub .500 team that best case scenario is 7th or 8th seed.

BlackH20

Benchwarmer
Please read and comprehend, no argument, just an opinion, do you see that written?

explain to me where your argument is when you contradicted yourself throughout the entire post

its like naming all of the hall of famers who have played for phil jackson, and then telling us why he has been the most successful coach of all time.

but dont compound a nonsensical post by backing up Mike D's lack of success in new york with portrayals of how poor our roster is, all that does is explains why Mike D has a hard time winning here

our players are not as good as the other teams players who have winning records. (wow, that makes sense)

One, your wrong, I called David Lee a keeper, and Walsh and the Knicks should have locked him down for more than a one year contract, that is not saying he is a bad player, it's the reverse, and, it is stated as my opinion, not argument (chill). Same with Chandler and Gallo. But to let you know how close I am to some of this and David Lee, did you know his grandfather, Des Lee, his grandfather passed last night. A near billionaire and awesome basketball player who played top level B-Ball, he was an awesome player and has given over 100 million in charity, a class family. Des Lee played in the 20's and 30's before we got the Hawks. He was 92 years old, so look for Lee to take a day off. David Lee, Larry Hughes and Tyler Hanson all train with the infamous Coach Hammer. Got Lee down to 7% body fat for combines, how is that? A true 6 foot 7 player, sorry, not 6 foot 9. Read the combine reports, read about your rookies (not good).

Hall of famers? Where did you read or assume that with Jordan, Pippen and Jackson? No correlation at all. This is D league compared to that. It is how you treat and play players based on their ability to perform. Who do you give minutes to? That is the point, get it? Here is the one of two points made,

1) Duhon can play like crap and start every game this year and Robinson sits for a month and Hughes sits after an injury (not the unwritten rule in the NBA, learn the game), when you start, get injured, you get your position back, you get your minutes back, not DNP for an injury or 2 games off the bench.

Hughes (also from St. Louis) is twice the player of Duhon, the stats show it and he never ran the point from the top, just the right side of the court. Remember, he played out of position and put Cleveland in the finals playing the point. Listen to Clyde, he is honest in his calls, not a broadcaster that is worried about Knicks politics (another near St.Louis product, SIU, mid sixties, played against him, well, to be honest, my team did, I sat in awe on the bench). Another St. Louis Knick, Bradley. Nice little talent train there for you, maybe history you don't know or don't care.

2) Players today, and maybe I wrote my opinion unclear, will run a coach down. Vets like Harrington, Curry, Hughes, Robinson already proved themselves in this league, the playing time for these players has been stated by D'Antonio to be related to their performance? Now, here it is really simple, why does Duhon, who has the poorest point guard performance in the NBA, start every single game and be shut out in 30 plus minutes in the NBA?
Can you answer that? That is the question. Never has cracked 10ppg in his career, and I can tell you will never play this much after this season. Hughes can smoke Duhon, but D'Antonio plays his favorites when they suck, but not others. That is the issue son. Now watch what those others can do to the Knicks? Seen a drop lately? Look, listen hard, the team did not like the treatment to Robinson.
Most other coaches thought it was excessive, it was a power play and with what DA had, finally clicking, he blew it with large bench time.

I hope you understand this is an opinion, not an argument.
I think Lee, Chandler and Gallo's are keepers. But you don't treat them completely different than veterans, you ruin a team, this team chemistry with the coaching staff is dust, just watch what you almost had and what your going to end up with in wins. This team had a chance at .500, not anymore.
Any veteran is scared to go out, miss one shot, a pass, then get benched for two to three weeks and DNP's. Finally Hill is a bust, did not even take part in combines physical test, good call by his agent, bad call by Knicks. At that level, you contribute your first year. Douglas is rough, but I doubt will pass the league average career length of 3.8 years. So how many wins you predict if you know it all? My opinion, as I stated but you failed to comprehend, you will not hit 30 wins. The vets went out of this system, it is chaos for a player, except for the four I mention and one that should not be included, Duhon.
Make me an argument if your the coach to play him 35 min, every game of the season, if you are so full of hoops I.Q.?

BlackH20

Benchwarmer
Please read and comprehend, no argument, just an opinion, do you see that written?

our players are not as good as the other teams players who have winning records. (wow, that makes sense)

One, your wrong, I called David Lee a keeper, and Walsh and the Knicks should have locked him down for more than a one year contract, that is not saying he is a bad player, it's the reverse, and, it is stated as my opinion, not argument (chill). Same with Chandler and Gallo. But to let you know how close I am to some of this and David Lee, did you know his grandfather, Des Lee, his grandfather passed last night. A near billionaire and awesome basketball player who played top level B-Ball, he was an awesome player and has given over 100 million in charity, a class family. Des Lee played in the 20's and 30's before we got the Hawks. He was 92 years old, so look for Lee to take a day off. David Lee, Larry Hughes and Tyler Hanson all train with the infamous Coach Hammer. Got Lee down to 7% body fat for combines, how is that? A true 6 foot 7 player, sorry, not 6 foot 9. Read the combine reports, read about your rookies (not good).

Hall of famers? Where did you read or assume that with Jordan, Pippen and Jackson? No correlation at all. This is D league compared to that. It is how you treat and play players based on their ability to perform. Who do you give minutes to? That is the point, get it? Here is the one of two points made,

1) Duhon can play like crap and start every game this year and Robinson sits for a month and Hughes sits after an injury (not the unwritten rule in the NBA, learn the game), when you start, get injured, you get your position back, you get your minutes back, not DNP for an injury or 2 games off the bench.

Hughes (also from St. Louis) is twice the player of Duhon, even after 12 years in the league and two near career ending injuries that he learned how to hold the ball from a shreeded finger injury, the stats show it and he never ran the point from the top, just the right side of the court. Remember, he played out of position and put Cleveland in the finals playing the point. Listen to Clyde, he is honest in his calls, not a broadcaster that is worried about Knicks politics (another near St.Louis product, SIU, mid sixties, played against him, well, to be honest, my team did, I sat in awe on the bench). Another St. Louis Knick, Bradley. Nice little talent train there for you, maybe history you don't know or don't care.

2) Players today, and maybe I wrote my opinion unclear, will run a coach down. Vets like Harrington, Curry, Hughes, Robinson already proved themselves in this league, the playing time for these players has been stated by D'Antonio to be related to their performance? Now, here it is really simple, why does Duhon, who has the poorest point guard performance in the NBA, start every single game and be shut out in 30 plus minutes in the NBA?
Can you answer that? That is the question. Never has cracked 10ppg in his career, and I can tell you will never play this much after this season. Hughes can smoke Duhon, but D'Antonio plays his favorites when they suck, but not others. That is the issue son. Now watch what those others can do to the Knicks? Seen a drop lately? Look, listen hard, the team did not like the treatment to Robinson.
Most other coaches thought it was excessive, it was a power play and with what DA had, finally clicking, he blew it with large bench time.

I think Lee, Chandler and Gallo's are keepers. But you don't treat them completely different than veterans, you ruin a team, this team chemistry with the coaching staff is dust, just watch what you almost had and what your going to end up with in wins. This team had a chance at .500, not anymore.
Any veteran is scared to go out, miss one shot, a pass, then get benched for two to three weeks and DNP's. Finally Hill is a bust, did not even take part in combines physical test, good call by his agent, bad call by Knicks. At that level, you contribute your first year. Douglas is rough, but I doubt will pass the league average career length of 3.8 years. So how many wins you predict if you know it all? My opinion, as I stated but you failed to comprehend, you will not hit 30 wins. The vets went out of this system, it is chaos for a player, except for the four I mention and one that should not be included, Duhon.
Make me an argument if your the coach to play him 35 min, every game of the season, if you are so full of hoops I.Q.?

yeah dude im attending columbia for my masters and I couldnt even get through that post. condense that thing a little bit then ill actually take the time to read it.

BlackH20

Benchwarmer
Agree, keep it short, I apologize, <100 words

Why does D'Antonio play and start Chris Duhon every game with near 35 minutes when he is arguably the worst point guard in the NBA and can't crack 10 ppg in his whole career or this year?

Other aforementioned players shoot two bad shots, a bad pass, make a comment, and they are on the pine and DNP'd.

D'Antonio states that this is due to their performance and results (on the court), yet this statement does not hold, when applied to Duhon's performance and results (same for Gallo some games).

Do you agree, or you believe Duhon should start every single game this year?

Pretty Simple to Reply if you attend or watch games, or even look at stats.
Can you comment, or just continue to comment on a conclusion of yours?

BlackH20

Benchwarmer
Your's the same with photo, and has Columbia lowered it's admin requirements

Your post hurt my head. Not so much its content, but its format.

Maybe scale that photo down to a 3 by 4 or your Avatar? It's like seeing a commercial for about the 100th time on T.V., funny several times, but it wears on one in every thread. Considering the times the picture is on the board, you have taken quite a piece of real estate yourself here. But I can handle it, and prefer to reply to the post, comments, opinions and those of other fans. Not just rip on them claiming superiority under some anonymous sports fan board.
How about the cat from Columbia? Can't read a few paragraphs and attend school? Wasn't the Unibomber from there? My mistake, it was Harvard.

Now, back to the question: Why does Duhon play 30 plus minutes with his performance this year? Other players get benched when getting shut out, this guy starts and does it again for almost half the season now? Can you comment on the hoops?:afro:

Scipio

Benchwarmer
Maybe scale that photo down to a 3 by 4 or your Avatar? It's like seeing a commercial for about the 100th time on T.V., funny several times, but it wears on one in every thread. Considering the times the picture is on the board, you have taken quite a piece of real estate yourself here. But I can handle it, and prefer to reply to the post, comments, opinions and those of other fans. Not just rip on them claiming superiority under some anonymous sports fan board.
How about the cat from Columbia? Can't read a few paragraphs and attend school? Wasn't the Unibomber from there? My mistake, it was Harvard.

Now, back to the question: Why does Duhon play 30 plus minutes with his performance this year? Other players get benched when getting shut out, this guy starts and does it again for almost half the season now? Can you comment on the hoops?:afro:

Despite others opinions I really liked your original post.

I couldn`t agree with you more on most points. Duhon is a dreadful point guard, the worst starting point guard in the NBA without doubt. I make no sense no matter how you look at it the way that D`antoni sticks with him no matter how dreadful he is and benches other players for making one or two mistakes.

At the start of the season the management were talking about "the plan",meaning the development for next year. So, if that`s the case then play the bloody rookies and give them some development time. It is killing me to watch NBA games where other teams rookies are playing well and contributing and yet ours just sit on the bench game after game whilst players in front of them are doing and contributing nothing.

smokes

Huge Member

Well dude, plenty of people here have asked the same question 100 times over. We all know Duhon is trash. Nate running the point doesn't encourage ball movement though and his decision making is even more questionable than Duhons. As for Hughes the games where he played point early on in the season he was having 5-6 TO's per game which is disruptive.

Think we all wish we didn't have to play Duhon but when he's on we play great ball.

smokes

Huge Member
At the start of the season the management were talking about "the plan",meaning the development for next year. So, if that`s the case then play the bloody rookies and give them some development time. It is killing me to watch NBA games where other teams rookies are playing well and contributing and yet ours just sit on the bench game after game whilst players in front of them are doing and contributing nothing.

Yeah but Scipio look at the Nets. They play a young team (not even rookies) and get totally dominated even though those young guys are good-great individual players with decent NBA experience. We already have Chandler and Gallo starting every game, plus Lee who is relatively young in terms of how long he's been playing 30mpg ball. Now add TD and Hill to that lineup and our team would be younger than the Nets and not even half as talented.

pakopako

Benchwarmer
Earned?

I think y'all nuts and that both of your posts could be
  • spell-checked
  • grammar-checked
  • throw in a few punctuation marks and bulletpoints here and there
and you'll have yourself some English.

But some good points were brought up, like why is Hughes not playing point -- either after Duhon or (and I agree fully) in place of Duhon? If I remember correctly, neither are staying after this year any how.

I also agree with DFDH that you really can't shift all the blame to D'Antoni. Especially when you have Curry on your roster. (Really, Curry?? He's had his chances and he's still a sinkhole.)

Although when I look at Gallo, I still think he deserves to start unless Douglas or Hill start looking better. I can't see Gallo producing off the bench like Nate does. Speaking of producing off the pine, I hear everything about Darko yet I've never actually seen him play for the Knicks. Does he drop the ball every time he touches it or something? Jared Jeffries is "pure defense" and still in there.

(And yes, which I also think DFDH's sig does seem a little over-tall, that has nothing to do with the topic.)

tiger0330

Legend

Hughes (also from St. Louis) is twice the player of Duhon, even after 12 years in the league and two near career ending injuries that he learned how to hold the ball from a shreeded finger injury, the stats show it and he never ran the point from the top, just the right side of the court. Remember, he played out of position and put Cleveland in the finals playing the point. Listen to Clyde, he is honest in his calls, not a broadcaster that is worried about Knicks politics (another near St.Louis product, SIU, mid sixties, played against him, well, to be honest, my team did, I sat in awe on the bench). Another St. Louis Knick, Bradley. Nice little talent train there for you, maybe history you don't know or don't care.

Interesting, so you're from the era of Clyde and Bill Bradley and that insight on DLee and his family, have to rep you for that. I think all of us agree that the Knicks need a new PG but Larry Hughes has lost a lot of game since his Cleveland days and he never was a true PG, Nate is too poor a passer and ball handler to be the full time PG and Douglas is a rookie. Doesn't mean that D'ants shouldn't give these guys time and many of us don't like the tight rotation and his substitutions but he's the coach but you can see the reasoning for keeping Duhon in the starting lineup. D'ants said in his opinion Duhon is the best they have at the position but no question in my mind that the front office recognizes they have a hole at the position and will not resign Duhon.

Walsh not signing Lee to the 60M deal he wanted was no mistake, I'm glad we signed him to the 1 year deal and let him prove last year was no fluke. I hate players getting big contracts based on having one good season in their contract year. After Layden, Isiah and the years of financial mismanagement, I'm glad Walsh is there.

Papajoe

Benchwarmer
The last poster makes a good point about Dlee. A one year deal was the right thing to give him. I love Lee. He's my favorite Knick and certainly works hard to earn his money. I want to see him here when the team wins 60 games on its way to a title. However, at this point he has never helped the team win more than 33 games. I'm not certain he is a piece on a championship team. I do think Walsh and D'Antoni can tell. I have trust in them. To give Dlee $60M for 5 years is Isiah like and shows the original poster has no idea what he is talking about.

my point exactly the original poster is a fool who has no idea what he is talking about

none of our players are championship pieces except mayyybeee and i emphasize maybe lee

and i can see gallo 3 years from now being that.

chandler would be a bench player on most elite teams

and thats it

harrington has been a journey man and has only one are of skill and thats jacking up shots.

so we need to clean house this summer fire sale and rebuild big time or we will be in the dull drums foreverrr.

FOREVERRRRRRRRRRRRR

ANU

Starter
http://www.theknicksblog.com/2010/01...-trade-thread/

The Knicks will not have enough capspace to retain David Lee’s rights. Hate it or love it, the LeBron sweepstakes are the priority regardless.
with fatass, and ared effires on the books, its not gonna happen.everybody knows what donnie's trying to do.so were pretty much ****ed.and if david says no to a trade, just like it was rumored he did when he was supposedly going to memphis for mayo, he'll be putting us in a predicament, where he walks and goes where ever the hell he wants to go, with us waiting on lebron.