Please pray for Haiti

metrocard

Legend
I'm half Dominican, and sadly a lot of Dominicans have mistreated Haiti for over a century.
I've always had honor, respect and love for Haiti.
The 1st free nation in my eyes.
For that?
They weren't recognized in the 1800s and got treated worse than Cuba's era in post 1950's.
There was an international boycott on Haiti in the 1800s...it was a FREE BLACK NATION...and they got punished for a century.

"The Haitian governments were extremely anxious to be recognized by France and the Europeans. But France would not recognize Haiti unless indemnities were paid for lands of former slave owners taken over after the revolution. Finally, in 1838 President Boyer of Haiti accepted a 150 million franc debt to pay this indemnity. This debt plagued the economy of Haiti for over 80 years and was not finally paid until 1922. In the meantime Haiti paid many times over 150 million francs in interest on this debt. It is difficult to measure the incredible harm which this did to the Haitian economy, but by the most conservative measures it was extremely significant."

"
I. Root, but Less Visible Causes of Haitian Misery

The ultimate causes of Haiti's misery are human. They are rooted in greed and power. Both the international community and Haiti's rulers have continuously assured the destruction of Haiti's colonial wealth and the creation and continuance of her misery.

1. The international community's role.
1. French colonial contribution.
2. The international boycott of the new nation of 1804.
3. The French debt of 1838.
4. The United States Occupation, 1915-1934.
5. Post World War II United States domination.
2. The role of Haiti's rulers.
1. Slave-like labor systems in the early republic.
2. The elite's protection of its wealth.
3. Haitian corruption.
4. Human rights violations as a tool of oppression.

II. Secondary, but Immediate Causes of Haitian Misery

The international and national political climate of Haiti has assured her misery. But, little by little these forces have caused other factors to emerge that assure the continuance of Haitian misery even if Haiti were to secure good local government free from international intervention. (An unlikely prospect in either instance!) Some of the most noticeable secondary causes of Haiti's poverty are:

1. Language as an oppressor.
2. Ignorance and illiteracy.
3. The system of education (or miseducation).
4. Soil erosion.
5. Export crops vs. local food crops.
6. The lack of a social infrastructure: inadequate roads, water systems, sewerage, medical services, schools.
7. Unemployment and underemployment.
8. Underdevelopment in an age of international economic competition.
9. Haitian self-image. "

Haiti has been hit by an earthquake.
They're the last nation in the world that deserves that...wtf, I'm so pissed man.

The people who want freedom will never get its due...Puerto Ricans, Hatians, Cubans...we will always suffer under the hands of capitalism, the Federal Reserve, NWO, Obama and these selfish bankers who suck the countries dry of their economy and resources.

There are no hospitals in Haiti to help these people, its a ****ing mess over there.

We're so OBLIGATED to help them, its serious.

tiger0330

Legend
Amen, the country is so poor they couldn't muster up emergency services to help their own injured. People were just roaming around injured and bleeding in the dark. Any catastrophe down there is magnified 10 fold because of the poverty. If you want to donate to the relief efforts this is Wyclef Jeans site.

http://www.yele.org/

Last edited:

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
I heard the red cross one has already racked up 1 million+. it's great to see people helping others. I'ma do what I can to help.

Even if you can't donate cash, help out in other ways.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
We’ve just confirmed that the Red Cross has already raised more than $800,000 for Haiti through their $10 text message donation initiative (text “Haiti” to 90999), which is backed by the United States State Department.

Susan Watson, director of marketing and visibility for the Red Cross, tells us that they’re getting reports every half hour with the latest donation numbers, and the current total — as of 4:30 p.m. EST — is greater than $800,000 for text message donations alone. Watson says, “The needs are so tremendous in Haiti, and we are honored that people continue to give to the American Red Cross. Raising this amount of money, $10 at time, is a true testament to the American spirit.”
The Red Cross’s involvement in the relief effort is to be commended. Not only did it immediately set up the simplest donation method possible, but its social media presence and outreach, when combined with the State Department’s involvement, has turned this into a viral funding initiative, topping Twitter trends and inspiring action. The Red Cross is also contributing an initial $1 million from the International Response Fund.
If you want to help the cause you can text “Haiti” to 90999 to send a $10 donation to the Red Cross. There’s also this collection of organizations that are accepting donations online.
http://mashable.com/2010/01/13/haiti-red-cross-donations/

LJ4ptplay

Starter
People be aware of false websites asking for donations to Haiti. Talk about the scum of the earth. Stealing money from acts of kindness.

Here is the official Red Cross Website:

http://www.redcross.org/

Scroll down and click the "Donate Now" link. Anything helps and can make a difference.

@Metro - You are absolutely right about Haitian poverty. All of the Caribbean nations are poor due to oppression. Also, when Brazil took over the sugarcane market and when Columbia took over the cocoa market, the Caribbean nations were left with nothing to export and consequentially their economies collapsed. The only nations that are able to survive are the ones that bring in tourism. Although they are still very poor, they have something. The nations that don't have tourism, like Haiti, are in serious poverty. We're are lucky that the US can borrow hundreds of billions of dollars when we hit a financial crisis and allow us to get on our feet again. The Caribbean nations do not have that luxury.

I am glad to here you support the Haitians Metro. Many Dominicans treat Haitians very poorly.

Lastly, I will not pray for Haiti. I will do even better. I will donate money and blood to The Red Cross. As an Atheist, praying does not do any good. And natural disasters like this only strengthen my belief that there is no god.

metrocard

Legend
People be aware of false websites asking for donations to Haiti. Talk about the scum of the earth. Stealing money from acts of kindness.

Here is the official Red Cross Website:

http://www.redcross.org/

Scroll down and click the "Donate Now" link. Anything helps and can make a difference.

@Metro - You are absolutely right about Haitian poverty. All of the Caribbean nations are poor due to oppression. Also, when Brazil took over the sugarcane market and when Columbia took over the cocoa market, the Caribbean nations were left with nothing to export and consequentially their economies collapsed. The only nations that are able to survive are the ones that bring in tourism. Although they are still very poor, they have something. The nations that don't have tourism, like Haiti, are in serious poverty. We're are lucky that the US can borrow hundreds of billions of dollars when we hit a financial crisis and allow us to get on our feet again. The Caribbean nations do not have that luxury.

I am glad to here you support the Haitians Metro. Many Dominicans treat Haitians very poorly.

Lastly, I will not pray for Haiti. I will do even better. I will donate money and blood to The Red Cross. As an Atheist, praying does not do any good. And natural disasters like this only strengthen my belief that there is no god.

I grew up in a Roman Catholic family...but I don't take religion seriously...when I say "pray" i just honestly mean hope for the best. I don't believe in Jesus Christ and all that outdated stuff.

I'm half Dominican, but its sad.

Dominicans don't feel obligated to help Haitians.

Dominicans feel superior to Hatians because their economy is better...but still is a 3rd world country.
Without tourism, DR would be poor close to a level of Haiti, and DR doesn't even profit out of tourism since the money is going straight to debt for the USA and European nations...why do you think most of the tourist are Americans and Europeans?

Oh yea...but we speak Spanish, we still superior...

This is just me speaking my mind.

I obviously don't look black, or white...but obviously I'm in the between...I'm just a product of slave rape and mullato/mestizo mixing, just like most Latinos. I honesty feel I'm no different in class in this world from a fellow Hatian.

I feel this world is stuck between four groups of people.

The Elite
Bankers, politicians, financially elite and secure people.

The 3rd World
People living in poverty or coming from 3rd world nations trying to make a living in this capitalist country.

The Coons
People from the 3rd world, who get to America and choose to coon out.
Feel like having a retail store or a job that requires no skill, live an unhealthy lifestyle, and live in complete ignorance just like how the NWO wants you to live. The Coons will keep the struggle more prolonged than it needs to be. All they do is take away the resistance and make the 3rd world look weaker than it is.

An example of a coon is a Puerto Rican who fights for the US military, when the US military

I'll continue this post...I gotta go.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
I'd rather donate my money to other organizations such as the red cross or others that are more likely to provide the needed help, such as medicine and doctors, then to some former president fund raiser. really, do you think those cash are in good hands right there?.. hearing speeches like these, just makes me sick http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibMf68i4rz8

Paul1355

All Star
My entire college prays for Haiti every class...

hearing about the 2nd earthquake was almost unbelievable but they the Bible says that earthquakes and other natural disasters will greatly increase in the end times, and they have, so this is not surprising to me.

LeFlume

All Star
I'd rather donate my money to other organizations such as the red cross or others that are more likely to provide the needed help, such as medicine and doctors, then to some former president fund raiser. really, do you think those cash are in good hands right there?.. hearing speeches like these, just makes me sick http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibMf68i4rz8

You need to wake up rady. Clinton is the safest person out there when it comes to this. It would be imposible for that organisation to steal money. Can you imagine what would happend to him and his wifes career if they did? Redcross and other organsations are filled with greed. Clintons is probably the only organisation that is completely safe,

Sad situation..

And there is not much we can do. I don't trust any of these agencies, Even with all that money out there, apparently, it ain't getting to the people.

This is why I trust God rather then men. And as sad as it is to see these natural disasters happen, Paul is absolutely right. No one who has a bible should be surprised.. It was foretold. So you can run, hide, duck, do whatever you wish.. it's goin down!