The Official Wilson Chandler is Overrated Thread

iJoe

Rotation player
What was this thread about again?

Oh yeah Wilson Chandler is overrated. I'm not sure by whom really except the occasional odd Knicks fan. Most in the NBA can give a shite where Chandler is concerned. Most non knick fans won't even know who he is. So are there any noteworthy people who indeed actually overrated this guy? Or is this a response to whiny Knick fans who claim every player we have is awesome.

Hes making 2 mil this year then 3 the next from what I remember. Thats a hell of a value and an awesome trade chip. This guy isn't overrated. Overrated are overpaid contract killers like Brand, Jefferson, Gay, JJohnson, and the like. I'm gonna get a lot of flak for this but hell, I thought Patrick Ewing was one of the most overrated players of all time. Guy was a choke artist in the clutch who shied away from contact, and was selfish with a highly overrated defense. Why anyone in their right mind would want him teaching DHoward post moves is way beyond me.

NY will make you a star whether you deserve it or not. Players like Houston and Ewing would hardly have made a dent in the NBA if they had played for a team like the Timberwolves.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Way to eat our words.

I too thought about the whole "let's dump Chandler for Rudy" thing.

What a moron I was, I then realized that Chandler, even if he doesn't necessarily fill a need that Rudy does, is still worth far more than Rudy Fernandez.

Chandler has been our 3rd best player this season after Amar'e and Felton. We would've been morons if we dumped him for Rudy Fernandez. Brilliant move by Donnie (or rather non-move...if we're going to trade Chandler we should get something good out of it).