Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Utah Jazz fans are desiring for the Knicks to have a horrible season

  1. #1
    Superstar johnstarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    643
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Utah Jazz fans are desiring for the Knicks to have a horrible season

    I was on real GM looking at the forums of several different teams until I came across a thread on the Jazz forum in which Jazz fans were discussing their desire to see the Knicks fail in order for their team to get a good number one draft pick.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  2. #2
    Member BlackH20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Avon, Colorado, deep in the Rockies, played ball in St. Louis
    Posts
    105
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Just put it to Cleveland, Gaines (a New Yorker) put it to James hard.
    Browns Lebron James one on five offense doesn't succeed again, won't work in New York. If you watch much of Cavs games, their surrounding cast is way better than the Knicks, so your bring Lebron here and you need, a point guard that can score 10 ppg in a year, a 2 guard who can nail a three, Lee, I would never get rid of, but his price just went up over last year and then you have the King. Also need a center, even with Shaq, who is semi retired until the playoffs and is not to happy. What a large overall, just can't be done in a year, five new starters? Has it ever happened 4-5 new starters and the team go real deep in the playoffs? Wonder if D'Antonio will sit Lebron for a month if he shoots at the wrong basket, or even a week. No, he doesn't have those stones.

  3. #3
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    599
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Damn I wish that trade left the 2010 pick at least top 3 protected or something like that to give us hope. Anyway we would be talking the same **** as the Utah fans are if the situation was reversed and we had their pick so can't really be mad at them.

    I think its stupid to put everything into having a good record this season just so Utah doesn't get a good pick. Its also stupid to try and win this year with players that will have no impact on this team in the future.

    My hope is that whatever possible trades that can be made to get rid of bad contracts will be made and we will see a Feb-March-April lineup of Douglas-Chandler-Gallinari-Hill-Lee the rest of the way.

  4. #4
    is the Bo$$ Toons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    2,379
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by BlackH20
    Just put it to Cleveland, Gaines (a New Yorker) put it to James hard.
    Browns Lebron James one on five offense doesn't succeed again, won't work in New York. If you watch much of Cavs games, their surrounding cast is way better than the Knicks, so your bring Lebron here and you need, a point guard that can score 10 ppg in a year, a 2 guard who can nail a three, Lee, I would never get rid of, but his price just went up over last year and then you have the King. Also need a center, even with Shaq, who is semi retired until the playoffs and is not to happy. What a large overall, just can't be done in a year, five new starters? Has it ever happened 4-5 new starters and the team go real deep in the playoffs? Wonder if D'Antonio will sit Lebron for a month if he shoots at the wrong basket, or even a week. No, he doesn't have those stones.
    Boston Celtics

  5. #5
    is the Bo$$ Toons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    2,379
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    we have a pg that can score 10 ppg....n8 robinson & tony douglas. We have the best shooter in the league in gallinari....lee is a beast in the post....we only need a shot blocking center and its a complete team.

    douglas
    chandler
    gallinari
    lebron
    lee

  6. #6
    Superstar johnstarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    643
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by dave2138
    Damn I wish that trade left the 2010 pick at least top 3 protected or something like that to give us hope. Anyway we would be talking the same **** as the Utah fans are if the situation was reversed and we had their pick so can't really be mad at them.

    I think its stupid to put everything into having a good record this season just so Utah doesn't get a good pick. Its also stupid to try and win this year with players that will have no impact on this team in the future.

    My hope is that whatever possible trades that can be made to get rid of bad contracts will be made and we will see a Feb-March-April lineup of Douglas-Chandler-Gallinari-Hill-Lee the rest of the way.
    Isiah Thomas allowing other teams to have our draft picks was more damaging to the Knicks than his over spending on unproven and expensive players.Could you imagine the kind of talent the Knicks would have right now had Isiah Thomas held on to his 2006 and 2007 first round picks? I can tell you that this team would be a lot better right now with Lamarcus Alridge,Brandon Roy or Joakim Noah.It isn't good to dwell on the past but I really would hate to see Utah get a top 10 pick this summer.

    These next two months are very important for the Knicks and they need to do their best to take advantage of these games.They will have a pretty tough schedule throughout the last month and a half of the season and need to move ahead of teams like Chicago and Charlotte in order to have any chance of making the playoffs.Even if half of their roster leaves after this season the Knicks need to regain that respect that they lost a decade ago.I like our young players but if I knew that sitting Hill and Douglas would result in the Knicks making the playoffs I wouldn't be against D'antoni's decision of not playing them.
    Last edited by johnstarky; Jan 15, 2010 at 01:26.

  7. #7
    Veteran ANU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,068
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by BlackH20
    Just put it to Cleveland, Gaines (a New Yorker) put it to James hard.
    Browns Lebron James one on five offense doesn't succeed again, won't work in New York. If you watch much of Cavs games, their surrounding cast is way better than the Knicks, so your bring Lebron here and you need, a point guard that can score 10 ppg in a year, a 2 guard who can nail a three, Lee, I would never get rid of, but his price just went up over last year and then you have the King. Also need a center, even with Shaq, who is semi retired until the playoffs and is not to happy. What a large overall, just can't be done in a year, five new starters? Has it ever happened 4-5 new starters and the team go real deep in the playoffs? Wonder if D'Antonio will sit Lebron for a month if he shoots at the wrong basket, or even a week. No, he doesn't have those stones.
    i have no idea what this is supposed to mean.are you related to kiya by any chance?



    and on the jazz fans, can you really blame them? if it where the other way around, we'd be hoping for the same.

  8. #8
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    599
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by johnstarky
    Isiah Thomas allowing other teams to have our draft picks was more damaging to the Knicks than his over spending on unproven and expensive players.Could you imagine the kind of talent the Knicks would have right now had Isiah Thomas held on to his 2006 and 2007 first round picks? I can tell you that this team would be a lot better right now with Lamarcus Alridge,Brandon Roy or Joakim Noah.It isn't good to dwell on the past but I really would hate to see Utah get a top 10 pick this summer.

    These next two months are very important for the Knicks and they need to do their best to take advantage of these games.They will have a pretty tough schedule throughout the last month and a half of the season and need to move ahead of teams like Chicago and Charlotte in order to have any chance of making the playoffs.Even if half of their roster leaves after this season the Knicks need to regain that respect that they lost a decade ago.I like our young players but if I knew that sitting Hill and Douglas would result in the Knicks making the playoffs I wouldn't be against D'antoni's decision of not playing them.
    I know many will agree with you on how to view this season, but I have to disagree. It doesn't matter to me whether Utah, New Jersey, Minnesota get the #1 pick. Regardless, it won't be the knicks. The biggest goal shouldn't be how we can give Utah a worse pick just because we control it. Our biggest goal is from 2010 and on. Harrington, Duhon, Nate, Hughes and possibly Lee have no future with this team so why would the playoffs matter if those guys are the reasoning for it. Thats why I say trade all those guys if it means it could benefit us in the future. Trades that benefit us for next season will attract future FA even more than whether or not we make the playoffs this year.

  9. #9
    Superstar johnstarky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    643
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by dave2138
    I know many will agree with you on how to view this season, but I have to disagree. It doesn't matter to me whether Utah, New Jersey, Minnesota get the #1 pick. Regardless, it won't be the knicks. The biggest goal shouldn't be how we can give Utah a worse pick just because we control it. Our biggest goal is from 2010 and on. Harrington, Duhon, Nate, Hughes and possibly Lee have no future with this team so why would the playoffs matter if those guys are the reasoning for it. Thats why I say trade all those guys if it means it could benefit us in the future. Trades that benefit us for next season will attract future FA even more than whether or not we make the playoffs this year.
    I don't believe that the Knicks should be playing extra hard in order for Utah to get a lower pick in the draft and I don't think that is even on D'antoni and the Knicks' minds right now.

    Donnie Walsh will only swap expiring contracts with other teams.It's very difficult to see him take on more salary past this season by getting rid of the expiring contracts that he possesses at this moment.Unless he trades David Lee, Nate Robinson,Al Harrington and Larry Hughes for a player like Pau Gasol or Kevin Durant it's best for him to wait things out until the end of this season.The best trades that the Knicks could do right now is for them to unload the contracts of Eddie Curry and Jarred Jeffries.Most Knick fans would be happy to see the Knicks get rid of Jared Jeffries before the end of the season but they would be even happier if the Knicks found a way to get rid of Curry and his enormous contract.
    Last edited by johnstarky; Jan 15, 2010 at 02:06.

  10. #10
    Sexy Stud knickzrulezH20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,781
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    I skipped to the part where its the beginning of the season. they were pretty brutal when we were 1-9 lmao.

  11. #11
    Superstar dre48ny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    681
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Why would the Jazz want the NYK to be successful? **** if it was the other way around I wish the Jazz would be the Nets to have a chance @ a number 1, 2, or 3. It's natural to think this way. But I got news Jazz fans: The NYK will make the playoffs and you will get a late first rounder not a lottery pick!! **** a first round pick is better than no pick.

  12. #12
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    599
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    With our luck we'll miss the playoffs by 1 game and miraculously get the #1 pick in the lottery to give to Utah.

    - I find it interesting since this topic is about draft picks that the West as strong as it is now will probably continue to get stronger due to the draft.

    Oklahoma - 2 1st round picks(their own + Phoenix)
    Utah - NY's pick
    Memphis - 3 1st round picks (their own + Denver + Lakers)
    Minnesota - 3 1st round picks (their own + Charlotte + Utah)

    Then you have Oklahoma, New Orleans, Memphis and Clippers with records good enough to be the #5-6 seed in the East and if they miss the playoffs in the west will wind up with #11-14th overall picks. Sacramento with Kevin Martin healthy is as good as those teams too and a top 10 pick won't hurt.

  13. #13
    OG GoKnIcKsDLEE42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    1,399
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    if we had utah's pick we'd want them to lose every game too.

Similar Threads

  1. Game 1: NYK@MIA 10/28 7:30PM
    By jpz17 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 111
    Last Post: Oct 31, 2009, 00:36
  2. The Origins of All 30 NBA Team Names
    By Superfly in forum NBA
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Oct 28, 2009, 16:11
  3. Knicks at Magic 3/21 7PM
    By jpz17 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: Mar 24, 2009, 10:06
  4. Lampe signs with NY Knicks
    By KnickFan2080 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Jan 27, 2008, 23:17
  5. GAME THREAD - 11/14/05 - W - Knicks (73) @ Jazz (62)
    By Peach_NYK_21 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: Nov 15, 2005, 10:10

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •